2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted via snail mail today. Interviewed 1/30, good luck to everyone else waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How is that different from waitlist?
It’s confusing but delayed decision/hold means they haven’t made a decision yet. Waitlist is your decision. Delayed Decision can turn into an acceptance, WL, or a rejection

Reactions: 1 user
lol yea. Very confusing. How is waitlist your decision?
There are only three decisions. Accepted, WL, and Reject. A hold is a pause, they’ll review the app later probably in April when the deposits show who is locked in to attend PCOM and all the other people with multiple acceptances at MDs have decided not to attend.

There are only three decisions. Accepted, WL, and Reject. A hold is a pause, they’ll review the app later probably in April when the deposits show who is locked in to attend PCOM and all the other people with multiple acceptances at MDs have decided not to attend.
Alright. Thanks for your help

Delayed decision. I am debating on sending a LOI because I would definitely attend here if I got an acceptance, but I don't want it to hurt my chances as I read that they don't like updates/additional materials being sent. Thoughts on sending one anybody?

Delayed decision. I am debating on sending a LOI because I would definitely attend here if I got an acceptance, but I don't want it to hurt my chances as I read that they don't like updates/additional materials being sent. Thoughts on sending one anybody?
I sent a LOI and also updates after being waitlisted in March last year. I don't think it helped very much.

Delayed Decision, contingent on my spring grades in my Masters program. Interviewed 1/16!

Members don't see this ad :)
Delayed Decision, contingent on my spring grades in my Masters program. Interviewed 1/16!
Welcome to the club! At least they gave you a reason for your DD. They're probably waiting on a lot of Biomed student grades before deciding so I'm sure you're not alone.

Update: Have a letter from the admissions office arriving today. Won't know until tonight. I hope for a good decision for everyone who is waiting.

Welcome to the club! At least they gave you a reason for your DD. They're probably waiting on a lot of Biomed student grades before deciding so I'm sure you're not alone.
Agreed! I’m actually pleased w that decision since my MCAT scores are trash. I feel like
They are at least giving me a chance!

Received my decision on hold today. Was hoping for more clarity, but it's better than a rejection.

First off, good luck to everyone waiting for their decisions! Secondly, can anyone shed some light on the residency programs PCOM students match with compared to those of NYITCOM? NY is a big city with several hospitals and I’m assuming as many affiliations, but PCOM has been a prominent medical school in Philadelphia... Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

First off, good luck to everyone waiting for their decisions! Secondly, can anyone shed some light on the residency programs PCOM students match with compared to those of NYITCOM? NY is a big city with several hospitals and I’m assuming as many affiliations, but PCOM has been a prominent medical school in Philadelphia... Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here's their match list for PCOM, I'm sure NYIT-COM has theirs on their website as well.
Residency Match List | Student Affairs at PCOM
Drexel, Temple, Einstein are some of the local ones.

Its my understanding that both match well into the northeast. PCOM might have some better research opportunities and board scores. But it think the two are on a pretty similar level on a broad spectrum

Any current students have recommendations on whether to buy the physical iClicker or the phone app version?

Forgive me if this was already asked on here, but does anyone know when we will have access to our award money/Federal/GRAD plus loans? My FAFSA has been processed for a couple of weeks now
Did you just submit your FAFSA? I'm a little confused since it says I have to complete the scholarship application, but it also says it's for returning PCOM students.

Did you just submit your FAFSA? I'm a little confused since it says I have to complete the scholarship application, but it also says it's for returning PCOM students.

I emailed the office of student affairs and the office of financial aid and they both said new students should fill out the scholarship application even though its written for returning students. I found it strange.

I emailed the office of student affairs and the office of financial aid and they both said new students should fill out the scholarship application even though its written for returning students. I found it strange.

Hmm, interesting.Thanks! Did you just leave the questions about your experience at PCOM blank? I emailed financial aid today but haven't gotten a response yet.

Hmm, interesting.Thanks! Did you just leave the questions about your experience at PCOM blank? I emailed financial aid today but haven't gotten a response yet.

I wrote, "I haven't done this while at PCOM as I am a new student, but I have done x y and z previously." Hoping to increase my odds at more aid.

Anyone know when they stop sending II? I sent everything in the first night it became available and nothing since

How soon after I have received the new students email from Student Affairs should I expect to receive my PCOM log-in info? Just wondering because I want to meet that financial aid deadline.

How soon after I have received the new students email from Student Affairs should I expect to receive my PCOM log-in info? Just wondering because I want to meet that financial aid deadline.

A few weeks I think. I'm pretty sure students accepted after a certain date have a later financial aid deadline.

Do we lose our spot if we do not submit our healthform within 8 week deadline.

I got an interview invite yesterday. Kinda weird because they picked the date for me (March 7th). Might be the last date available because they didn't do that last year for me

I got an interview invite yesterday. Kinda weird because they picked the date for me (March 7th). Might be the last date available because they didn't do that last year for me
Congrats on the II. They picked the date for me both this year and last year. I always thought that was pretty standard.

Congrats on everyone hearing back!! Has anyone not heard anything back yet?

Haven't posted here in awhile. For all those desperately waiting, they tend to get back within 6 weeks. I somehow heard back in like 2 weeks. But friends found out in 4-6 weeks

Thanks. Yea I interviewed 02/11 and haven't heard back. I've heard they don't update the portals.

Haven't posted here in awhile. For all those desperately waiting, they tend to get back within 6 weeks. I somehow heard back in like 2 weeks. But friends found out in 4-6 weeks
It all depends when the committee meets. If you interview right after a committee meeting it is going to take longer to get a decision than if you interview the week before the meeting.

It all depends when the committee meets. If you interview right after a committee meeting it is going to take longer to get a decision than if you interview the week before the meeting.

do we know when the last meeting was? Or when the committee tends to meet?

*like if you have been complete for 6 months but still haven’t heard anything!

Reactions: 19 users