2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me where the deposit link appears in the portal after acceptance? checking 10x per day!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone look at apartments near PCOM yet?

I went the other day. There are a handful right on/around City Ave and then some apartment complexes in the East falls/Manayunk area that are still pretty close to campus

I went the other day. There are a handful right on/around City Ave and then some apartment complexes in the East falls/Manayunk area that are still pretty close to campus
Do you know if these are listed somewhere online bc I live in LA and I can't really go check them out in person

At this point in the process, is a delayed decision essentially a waitlist decision? Has anyone ever had a delayed decision followed by an acceptance?

Do you know if these are listed somewhere online bc I live in LA and I can't really go check them out in person
Reach out to Student Affairs as they may have information about housing.

I just found them online through the major renting websites but I would also agree with reaching out to Student Affairs

At this point in the process, is a delayed decision essentially a waitlist decision? Has anyone ever had a delayed decision followed by an acceptance?
Hey if you check out previous threads, delayed decisions can become waitlist, acceptance, or rejection. The waitlist and DD are not the same thing. After the last deposit on April 15th is when we’ll have a better idea. They’ll start reviewing holds and WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ima be withdrawing my acceptance here, hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, good luck to those who are patiently waiting. Prior to my acceptance to PCOM, I had put a deposit down at NYITCOM. Anybody have advice on how to withdraw my acceptance from NY? Would email or a phone call be the more professional method? Thanks in advance.

II for next week! Does anyone know how fast the class fills up, would I be interviewing for the waitlist?

II for next week! Does anyone know how fast the class fills up, would I be interviewing for the waitlist?
Seats in the class are probably very close to filled as most med schools are at this point in the cycle. PCOM Admissions gets pickier later in the admissions cycle but you’re not interviewing for the WL and in the event you do end up on the WL it isn’t a terrible place to be — they utilize it quite a bit.

Seats in the class are probably very close to filled as most med schools are at this point in the cycle. PCOM Admissions gets pickier later in the admissions cycle but you’re not interviewing for the WL and in the event you do end up on the WL it isn’t a terrible place to be — they utilize it quite a bit.
They usually accept like 580ish students for a 280 person seat class I believe.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II this morning for an interview tomorrow! Very last minute and unexpected seeing how late in the cycle it is. The woman who called said they have 4 more dates available that have spots for. So for those of you who have been waiting to hear back keep your heads up! There's hope.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II this morning for an interview tomorrow! Very last minute and unexpected seeing how late in the cycle it is. The woman who called said they have 4 more dates available that have spots for. So for those of you who have been waiting to hear back keep your heads up! There's hope.
Do you plan on going?

Has anyone who interviewed on Feb 14 or around then heard back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
3.5, 508, complete since September, have heard nothing from this school :(

and this is one of my top choices as well, not sure what else i can do here

Damn. Crazy to think someone with those stats is getting ghosted by a DO school.

Ghosted with a 510+ MCAT and 3.9+ pbGPA. Complete in August :horns:

random question - but does PCOM send acceptances in regular letters with the post office? Curious if they use some kind of certified letter service? Would appreciate an answer if anyone with an acceptance can help!!!

Damn. Crazy to think someone with those stats is getting ghosted by a DO school.
yeah man, i dont know what i did wrong. have plenty of hours volunteering and even have research.

i don't have any DO shadowing or letters, but I've seen people get in without those

Thank you! have a UPS package waiting for me while I am on spring break and was freaking out it might be a certified letter that I will not see for days!!! do rejections also come via mail??
Oh okay yeah it’s not a package it’s a letter. Rejections, delayed decision and WL all delivered USPS mail as well but it’s in a regular sized envelope usually.

Interviewed 2/14 and received a delayed decision in the mail today. Any one else? Thoughts about what this means and the outcomes to follow?

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/14 and received a delayed decision in the mail today. Any one else? Thoughts about what this means and the outcomes to follow?

I got a delayed decision too for 2/14 interview. At this point I'm not holding my breath, but does anyone know if a delayed decision is better or worse than being WL?

Kinda surprised..About this time last year people were getting waitlist letters and no one has reported getting one on here yet. Either way there will be movement on delayed decisions and WL (if there is one) around April 15th. So while they’re not the same thing they can choose a DD or WL app to fill leftover seats after the final deposit. Don’t fret too much. It’s kinda out of our hands.

Last edited:

Can I ask if your DD came in a small envelope? And was it just regular mail or certified of some kind? Not sure what these delayed decisions even mean at this point

Can I ask if your DD came in a small envelope? And was it just regular mail or certified of some kind? Not sure what these delayed decisions even mean at this point
It was a small envelope, regular USPS. The letter just said they are putting a delay on a decision at this time. they will continue to interview through the end of March and will continue to send out decision letters through April and no later than April 26. Unfortunately the decision can still be anything, hopefully an acceptance but can still become a rejection or placement on the WL

Still on hold (guess that's not the waitlist?) and anxious for the end of this cycle.

lol no one really knows. I haven't gotten a clear answer yet. Most people just said "they're different" but no details other than that. But @justalittlestar is right, at this point it doen't matter. Just wait and see what happens

Last edited:
any acceptances to report this round?? or did they just send all DDs? any rejections even? Wondering if since the interviews were later they plan on putting everyone on hold since the class was maybe already full...

any acceptances to report this round?? or did they just send all DDs? any rejections even? Wondering if since the interviews were later they plan on putting everyone on hold since the class was maybe already full...

Not sure but I think a delay/hold at this point means they probably want to see which accepted students will pay the final April deposit before deciding what they want to do with us. It's not a terrible place to be in IMO.

Also I'm sure they still accepted and rejected a few applicants this round as usual but they just didn't happen to be SDN users.