2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Chiming in here, Feb 14 II - got a DD until 4/26 as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are people planning on living? Have any of your heard anything about places like Vista, Lincoln green, Bala apartments, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are people planning on living? Have any of your heard anything about places like Vista, Lincoln green, Bala apartments, etc?
Manayunk and East Falls area seems to be pretty popular among students. Look at the accepted students facebook page, a lot of people are posting about living situations in there.

I have gone to look at all three of those. I would rank them: Lincoln green, vista, then Bala. Still haven't made my mind up though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also do we have to send back that technical standards sheet they sent us in the interview confirmation email? or so we just need to look it over? Thanks everyone

Just as a heads up for accepted students looking to start creating a budget: estimated Cost of attendance is now up on myPCOM

Following up on this last post, did anyone see their scholarship award info in the COA section or elsewhere on myPCOM?

Does anyone know if you can still give up your seat after giving the $1500 deposit? still waiting on another decision that I know won't come until after the money is due, but obviously I don't want to lose this seat should I be rejected. My guess is you still can give it up you just have to forfeit the money.

Does anyone know if you can still give up your seat after giving the $1500 deposit? still waiting on another decision that I know won't come until after the money is due, but obviously I don't want to lose this seat should I be rejected. My guess is you still can give it up you just have to forfeit the money.
Yep you can withdraw still but you won’t get that money back obviously

is the interview setup here just a single interview with a 2 or 3 on 1 style?

Yes, I had 2 DOs and a medical student interviewing me. They took turns asking questions.
I only had only two people. It can be a 2 or 3 on 1 interview. Just depends on who they assign you to on interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
My secondary app was completed back in September or something, and I tried emailing the admissions regarding my status but they replied that they don’t provide any updates. Am I supposed to just sit here and assume that I am rejected without an interview? :/

My secondary app was completed back in September or something, and I tried emailing the admissions regarding my status but they replied that they don’t provide any updates. Am I supposed to just sit here and assume that I am rejected without an interview? :/

Yeah it’s strange. This upcoming week is the last week of interviews and they don’t send pre-interview rejections until the admissions cycle is finished.

Any advice here for interviewing tomorrow?

Same as anywhere. Be at your best, be ready to answer questions about yourself and your path. Also, they have a set of questions they ask of everyone that day so be ready for some interesting ethical dilemmas. The only other thing I would say is they put us at ease very well, so don't stress more than you need to.

Same as anywhere. Be at your best, be ready to answer questions about yourself and your path. Also, they have a set of questions they ask of everyone that day so be ready for some interesting ethical dilemmas. The only other thing I would say is they put us at ease very well, so don't stress more than you need to.
Thanks! Hoping for a good day!

PS Just got here and the area looks like a ton of fun. Wish I had more time here to explore

Hey, to anyone accepted, how long after your interview did you notice the link for the deposit on the application summary page?

Hey, to anyone accepted, how long after your interview did you notice the link for the deposit on the application summary page?

Mine was in around 2ish weeks, others have waited like 6 weeks though so it depends on when the committee meets.

Scholarships and loan packages are now out on the portal!

Reactions: 1 users
If you are waiting to hear back from a school you've been waitlisted on; Should you wait to fill out FASFA?