2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you are waiting to hear back from a school you've been waitlisted on; Should you wait to fill out FASFA?
Absolutely not!! Fill that baby out ASAP. You can list multiple schools on the FAFSA (I think up to almost 10?) with no penalty. The information will be forwarded to schools and they will only create award information for accepted students! You want to get this done soon because GradPLUS loan applications will be starting soon, and require FAFSA related award information.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are waiting to hear back from a school you've been waitlisted on; Should you wait to fill out FASFA?
Yeah if you are wait listed at PCOM it doesn't hurt to fill out FAFSA considering they're known for letting people linger on the wait list far into the summer and sometimes picks you off right before classes or during orientation week. Better to have all that out of the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a reminder for everyone that the gradPLUS loan application opens today

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Letters are coming based on DD thread. Did anyone get accepted this round?

Reactions: 1 user
I seemed to have lost my program from the brunch and can't find it anywhere, but does anyone remember if we were told how to sign up for TISSUE/get more info? I'm considering it pretty strongly.

No portal change yet, does that mean I'm for sure getting a waitlist or rejection since they said all decisions will be mailed today?

Medicalhopeful the portal link should be in your email u recieved when u first turned in your primary

No portal change yet, does that mean I'm for sure getting a waitlist or rejection since they said all decisions will be mailed today?

Medicalhopeful the portal link should be in your email u recieved when u first turned in your primary
I don't have the email anymore so I guess I cant check :/

Just received a second rejection from them because apparently 1 wasn’t enough

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
This is frustrating. I have a deposit due tomorrow for another school, and it's been 7 weeks since my interview and nothing. I even called yesterday to see if I could at least expect to know my decision soon so I wouldn't have to pay another school for no reason, and they wouldn't tell me anything :(

It’s bad enough I was ghosted 9 months just to get the standard “thank you for applying, but we’re done interviewing”, but now they’re sending the same email over and over. Can’t a guy catch a break?

I haven’t gotten a rejection email yet. Do you think I can request one? Other people have gotten multiple, and I haven’t even gotten a single one. Unfair.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you not received a decision at all?! If that's the case, you should definitely contact admissions.
I called yesterday and they refused to give me any info. All I asked was when I could expect a decision by, since I have a deposit due today for another school. Nothing :( I might email admissions

Reactions: 1 users