2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any acceptances in the mail today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is a thread up for 2020 yet? Also does anyone know why they are getting rid of supplemental applications for the next cycle?

Anyone know if there is a thread up for 2020 yet? Also does anyone know why they are getting rid of supplemental applications for the next cycle?
Didn't hear about the supplemental being gone but I saw that CASPer will be required in the next cycle.

Anybody know how many they usually pull from the waitlist?
It really varies from year to year with PCOM. I'd say each year in the PCOM-PA threads there's a handful of SDN users that get in from WL, sometimes in late July but the bulk of movement will most likely be May and June.

It really varies from year to year with PCOM. I'd say each year in the PCOM-PA threads there's a handful of SDN users that get in from WL, sometimes in late July but the bulk of movement will most likely be May and June.
Ahh gotcha. Is there a decent chance of getting off you think?

Anyone know when accepted students will be?
If by accepted students you mean an accepted students day, then this has already happened. There was a brunch last month. Not sure if they do another one or not

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If by accepted students you mean an accepted students day, then this has already happened. There was a brunch last month. Not sure if they do another one or not
The brunch was not mandatory. Is there anything else before orientation?

Also there is an official Facebook page yet?

What's the significance of May 15th that a lot of people are talking about in regards to waitlists moving?
I believe that if you have multiple D.O acceptances, May 15th is the day that you have to decide which school you will attend. This causes some movement on wait lists.

Edit
You can check out this link for more info AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

Reactions: 1 users
Happy traffic day :highfive:
Hmm, well "Traffic Day" has come and gone and I'm still waiting.
animation-burn-cute-dog-Favim.com-3748747.jpg

At this point, I'm thinking that there have to have been people turning down acceptances. Maybe they only meet once a month or so and we will get a big wave off acceptances sometime in June?

At this point, I'm thinking that there have to have been people turning down acceptances. Maybe they only meet once a month or so and we will get a big wave off acceptances sometime in June?
I believe the committee meets bi-weekly. I e-mailed about waitlist movement and was told they can't don't disclose info about movement. So we're in for more waiting :(

Doesn't help that MD waitlists have been pretty stagnant so DO WLs can't really move until they start to move.

Last edited:
Just withdrew my acceptance (gonna miss that 1500 smh), good luck to everyone in their quest to become a doctor!

Reactions: 4 users
@acceptedstudents what are the best options for health insurance?

@acceptedstudents what are the best options for health insurance?
I've been wondering the same thing. I called the marketplace the other day to ask about it and since loans don't count as income, I think med students might be eligible for Medicaid/CHIP if they have no other sources of income, which would mean no monthly premium.

I've been wondering the same thing. I called the marketplace the other day to ask about it and since loans don't count as income, I think med students might be eligible for Medicaid/CHIP if they have no other sources of income, which would mean no monthly premium.
i see...i just worry that i may not be qualified for medicaid bc i'm out of state and i'm currently working (until school starts) :/

Just got accepted off the WL!! March interview. Sent one pretty sisgnificant update.

Can any current students talk about the student body? What's the general vibe? Also, anyone know if the on campus housing will be completed this year?

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted off the WL!! March interview. Sent one pretty sisgnificant update.

Can any current students talk about the student body? What's the general vibe? Also, anyone know if the on campus housing will be completed this year?
Congrats!

On campus housing? I don't think that is a thing unfortunately.

Everyone that I've met so far has been really relaxed and easy to get along with! See you in August!

Congrats! Can I PM you about your update letter? I thought they didn't accept them except for new grades.

Congrats! Can I PM you about your update letter? I thought they didn't accept them except for new grades.
Grade update?
Thanks! It was an email saying my acceptance was in the mail.

I sent an update with 2 publications and multiple research projects I’m on/poster sessions. I know they have the grade rule so I’m not positive they took my update into consideration. They never confirmed nor denied, just got the auto reply. cgpa 3.61/ 510, but my interview was terrible so not sure if my stats are super applicable in this situation

On-campus housing isn't expected to be ready until Fall of 2020. It definitely won't be done for this upcoming school year.

Anyone know the expected timeline for the criminal background check? Seems to be taking rather long.

Can any current or incoming student comment on housing? What do you pay? I'm having trouble finding something affordable, hoping I can manage to pay like 600$. Thanks!

Can any current or incoming student comment on housing? What do you pay? I'm having trouble finding something affordable, hoping I can manage to pay like 600$. Thanks!
I found a great place for 600/month. Check out the accepted students FB page, there are a ton of housing posts in there

Anyone know who I can email to speed up being accepted into Facebook page? Requested it 3 days ago... still no word

Anyone know who I can email to speed up being accepted into Facebook page? Requested it 3 days ago... still no word
Everyone is in the heat of end of year stuff. Give them some extra time.

What do current/prospective students think of the trimester system? I'm a little worried about it personally, but would love to hear thoughts!

If there is a link for the FB page of PCOM class of 2023 do you mind sharing it. Wanted to stay relevant lol.

If there is a link for the FB page of PCOM class of 2023 do you mind sharing it. Wanted to stay relevant lol.
I just searched up PCOM class of 2023 and requested to be added to the group

Can any accepted students give an idea when deposits are due? Coming close to a deadline at another school and wanted to see if there was one last chance here

Can any accepted students give an idea when deposits are due? Coming close to a deadline at another school and wanted to see if there was one last chance here
At this time of the year the deposits will be required immediately when you receive your acceptance.

just got accepted. What’s the time line for background check and drug test?