2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Ivins, Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all I'm just starting my second year. If you have questions about RVUCOM-SU campus let me know. Good luck with this long process!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted. Chose this school because I love the area of St George and it presents some great job opportunities for my spouse while I'm in school. I know the colorado campus is already offering interviews. Anyone receive anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all I'm just starting my second year. If you have questions about RVUCOM-SU campus let me know. Good luck with this long process!

Do you live in Ivins or St George? What are the clinical rotation opportunities that they offer students?

Starting up my first year in a couple weeks. Been living in the area for awhile tho. Hit me up if you have any questions about the application process or the area. Tons to do if biking, running, hiking, climbing, etc. is your thing.

Starting up my first year in a couple weeks. Been living in the area for awhile tho. Hit me up if you have any questions about the application process or the area. Tons to do if biking, running, hiking, climbing, etc. is your thing.
Dude this is what draws me to to the campus; gorgeous nature scenes and tons to do outdoors. What is your general impression of this school? Congrats again!

Do you live in Ivins or St George? What are the clinical rotation opportunities that they offer students?

i live in Ivins about 1.5 miles from the school.

3rd year rotations have different regions including St george (Cedar to Mesquite), SLC, Ogden and Utah county. There are other more rural ones but i think those are the major rotation sites. You will rotate in that area for all of your core rotations.

Reactions: 1 users
i live in Ivins about 1.5 miles from the school.

3rd year rotations have different regions including St george (Cedar to Mesquite), SLC, Ogden and Utah county. There are other more rural ones but i think those are the major rotation sites. You will rotate in that area for all of your core rotations.

Did they mention what hospital systems? I’m assuming preceptor based? Any luck with Dixie?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did they mention what hospital systems? I’m assuming preceptor based? Any luck with Dixie?

Sent from my iPhone using the internet
From what I remember at our last dean update it is Mountainstar and Steward, as well as some independent hospitals. As of then, IHC was in "talks". Most will be preceptor based, as I don't think we have any rotations at hospitals with residencies (certainty not the U, IHC is a coin flip).

We're likely to receive more information in the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

what Pioneer321 said sounds about right. When I talked to the Dean at the end of last semester he said that they have made good relationship with Dixie and he said he is hopeful for it. obviously we can't count on it til it's a done deal

I'm applying here so I don't know much about the school but I grew up in St. George so if anyone has questions about the area let me know

@StarDoc' How is the weather most of the year? Is it feasible to live in St George and go to school in Ivins? And the most important question, have you been to fitness culture yet? Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
@StarDoc' How is the weather most of the year? Is it feasible to live in St George and go to school in Ivins? And the most important question, have you been to fitness culture yet? Lol
In terms of weather its really similar to Arizona. Think very hot and dry, it never really gets too cold in the winter but there are ski resorts a little over an hour away, if you're into that. And yeah it would be easy to live in st. george and commute, there's almost no traffic and it's like 15 minutes from downtown st. george. No, I haven't been to fitness culture yet so I can't tell you much about that.

II just now! I can't seem to find where to schedule it in MyVista though..

Is anyone else having issues opening the link that was sent in the email for the secondary?

I think the site is down. I’ve tried to check my status and it won’t load.

Wow just saw 88% acceptance post interview :O

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else have 2 dates associated with “supplemental application”? I assume the latter date is when you’re considered complete? My account says supplemental app 7/5 and then again it says supplemental app 7/23.

Does anyone else have 2 dates associated with “supplemental application”? I assume the latter date is when you’re considered complete? My account says supplemental app 7/5 and then again it says supplemental app 7/23.
Yeah I also have that

Dude this is what draws me to to the campus; gorgeous nature scenes and tons to do outdoors. What is your general impression of this school? Congrats again!

So far I really like it. Facilities are great. Professors are super helpful and the class is friendly and encouraging. I mountain bike everyday and I can't believe I live here. The location is supreme.

Interview email

Really? My interview invite email doesn't say that. It says:

Congratulations! Upon review of your completed file, we have decided to invite you to our Southern Utah Campus for an interview for the Class of 2023. Please note that we carefully screen each completed file and only invite those candidates who appear to be a good fit for our program.

Congratulations! Upon review of your completed file, we have decided to invite you to our Southern Utah Campus for an interview for the Class of 2023. Please note that we carefully screen each completed file and only invite those candidates who appear to be a good fit for our program.

Once I scheduled the interview, I got a new email and it said this:

"We are very mindful of how stressful and expensive the medical school admissions process is. Therefore we are very selective of who we bring in to interview. Last year we accepted over 88% of the candidates we interviewed at our Utah campus."

Once I scheduled the interview, I got a new email and it said this:

"We are very mindful of how stressful and expensive the medical school admissions process is. Therefore we are very selective of who we bring in to interview. Last year we accepted over 88% of the candidates we interviewed at our Utah campus."

Yea I just scheduled and saw it! thanks!

stats

3.9+ GPA, 510 MCAT
Congrats! When you go to "UT File Status," do you have two supplemental application dates? If so, what is the last date? I think that's when they review the application entirely.

I have the two file dates as well, so I think it is pretty normal. 7/23 is the date on my second one. Now the wait...

Anyone else's second date for supplemental application disappear? What does this mean?

Got an II two days ago. Super stoked about this one. Flights are actually not that bad to St. George - just a heads up because I assumed they’d be high and was planning on flying to Las Vegas. Good luck all!

Got an II two days ago. Super stoked about this one. Flights are actually not that bad to St. George - just a heads up because I assumed they’d be high and was planning on flying to Las Vegas. Good luck all!

Flying from Florida is very expensive. Almost $550+

Interview Invite!
8/29th...same e-mail as above with 80% acceptance post interview ...Super excited.
Best to my friends..