2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Parker, Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about where students here rotate? It isn’t available on the website and I can’t find anything solid on it in the handbook or online. Interviewing here tomorrow and want to have a stronger understanding of years 3-4.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about where students here rotate? It isn’t available on the website and I can’t find anything solid on it in the handbook or online. Interviewing here tomorrow and want to have a stronger understanding of years 3-4.

Thanks!

I have already had my interview and felt like this information is still not 100% clear mostly because the students there were 2nd years and didn't know a ton about it. What they did tell us is that there is basically a lottery system for different sites including Denver/boulder, pueblo, co springs, Cheyenne, fort collins?, and maybe a few more but these were the ones I remembered. Basically you rank them and then the lottery assigns you a region and that is where you'll be. They did not go into detail about the individual sites but I got the impression that each "region" will have a few different ones if that makes sense. I hope that helps a little but you will encounter a lot of people on interview day and you should definitely ask about it!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed here yesterday and had a really rough set of interviewers like someone else (it was probably the same panel). They were stone-faced most of the time, one of them seemed to barely have read over my application, and the other one was texting during parts of it. Really disappointed in this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here yesterday and had a really rough set of interviewers like someone else (it was probably the same panel). They were stone-faced most of the time, one of them seemed to barely have read over my application, and the other one was texting during parts of it. Really disappointed in this school.

If one of your interviewers was texting during your interview I would contact admissions and let them know. That is very unprofessional behavior.

If one of your interviewers was texting during your interview I would contact admissions and let them know. That is very unprofessional behavior.

They have a post interview survey so I put it there.

That's disappointing to hear. My other interviews so far have been laid back and the staff has tried to make it not stressful. Guess when I interview here I will expect the worst.

idk my interview was pretty relaxed, although i was nervous and think i couldve done better... hoepfully i did enough >_<

Was blown away by this school! Loved everything about it, and had a great interview experience. The interview was still an interview, not just a chill conversation, but felt good. If you were honest on your application and just be yourself in the interview, you should have no problems. I'm really hoping to get that acceptance!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, quick question about the secondary. for schools attended, did you put every school where you took courses or just where you earned a degree?

i think the 2nd round of interviews is supposed to hear back today (or tomorrow). anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted !!!

I never got a phone call but they sent me a congrtulations email saying the call never went through!
So excited!!!!

Just got the call! Accepted! Have not been this excited in a long ass time!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/12. Accepted 9/17 by phone call around 5 PM. Congrats to the others that also were accepted today.

If accepted do you have a certain time to accept the position and how much is the nonrefundable deposit if they have that?

If accepted do you have a certain time to accept the position and how much is the nonrefundable deposit if they have that?

We were told that the deposit is 2000$ that can be split into three payments. The first is 250$ that is due in mid December. The next payment is 750$ due a few months after that and the last deposit is 1000$ due in May. You can always just do the full deposit all at once if desired.

Last edited:
late post cause i got the call while at another interview, but ACCEPTED OMG IM SO EXCITED!!
got the call around 1PM PST

We were told that the deposit is 2000$ that can be split into three payments. The first is 250$ that is due in mid December. The next payment is 750$ due a few months after that and the last deposit is 1000$ due in May. You can always just do the full deposit all at once if desired.

This is correct however you have to do drug screening and a background check within 30 days of acceptance and you pay for this yourself. I think it came out to be about $150 just as a heads up!

I have already had my interview and felt like this information is still not 100% clear mostly because the students there were 2nd years and didn't know a ton about it. What they did tell us is that there is basically a lottery system for different sites including Denver/boulder, pueblo, co springs, Cheyenne, fort collins?, and maybe a few more but these were the ones I remembered. Basically you rank them and then the lottery assigns you a region and that is where you'll be. They did not go into detail about the individual sites but I got the impression that each "region" will have a few different ones if that makes sense. I hope that helps a little but you will encounter a lot of people on interview day and you should definitely ask about it!

when would we rank these locations? in 2nd year? or after acceptance?

Hi! Interview on 10/26. (Stats: OOS, 504, 3.57.)
Can y'all share more information about your interview day and what the experience was like?
And it seems they notify you quickly regarding their decision-- do they only notify you if accepted, or also if you are WL or rejected?
Also, LGBT applicant. Anyone know if it is a pretty open environment on campus? Thanks!
Super excited to see RVU!!

Can y'all share more information about your interview day and what the experience was like?
And it seems they notify you quickly regarding their decision-- do they only notify you if accepted, or also if you are WL or rejected?
Also, LGBT applicant. Anyone know if it is a pretty open environment on campus? Thanks!
Everyone was very friendly and laid back. The interview was more of a conversation than a grilling. I guess that had gotten some feedback that some interviewers were being short and not caring, they said they swapped those people out. If you read some earlier comments here you can see some people say they had rough interviews. Seems they are trying to fix that. I got notified of acceptance five days after the interview, so very quick. They call if accepted and email if rejected or waitlist. They accept 80% of those they interview, so unless you are a socially awkward weirdo chance are you have an acceptance. Nothing was mentioned about LGBT stuff, but the students were laid back so I dont think most would take issue with it or care eitherway.

Everyone was very friendly and laid back. The interview was more of a conversation than a grilling. I guess that had gotten some feedback that some interviewers were being short and not caring, they said they swapped those people out. If you read some earlier comments here you can see some people say they had rough interviews. Seems they are trying to fix that. I got notified of acceptance five days after the interview, so very quick. They call if accepted and email if rejected or waitlist. They accept 80% of those they interview, so unless you are a socially awkward weirdo chance are you have an acceptance. Nothing was mentioned about LGBT stuff, but the students were laid back so I dont think most would take issue with it or care eitherway.

I agree the atmosphere is very laid back. The interview is still "formal" but me and my interviewers were laughing and having a good time. Just be yourself, be honest, and you should be fine.

I also think the Denver area as well as the students seem very welcoming of all individuals. I don't know of any specific organizations or clubs dedicated to the LGBTQ community but I don't think this campus would be unwelcoming in any way.

I agree the atmosphere is very laid back. The interview is still "formal" but me and my interviewers were laughing and having a good time. Just be yourself, be honest, and you should be fine.

I also think the Denver area as well as the students seem very welcoming of all individuals. I don't know of any specific organizations or clubs dedicated to the LGBTQ community but I don't think this campus would be unwelcoming in any way.
I agree, I think the students would be welcoming of all peoples and there was a good mix of people too, straight or LGBT, liberal or conservative, any interest you can imagine, seemed like everyone gets along.

Campus is definitely accepting and welcoming of LGBT individuals :) Congrats on the interview!

So I submitted here mid july and was rejected post secondary 5 days later and could anyone provide insight as to how i made it through the screening but then get rejected so fast. 3.7 GPA 3.6 sGPA, 501 mcat URM OOS

So I submitted here mid july and was rejected post secondary 5 days later and could anyone provide insight as to how i made it through the screening but then get rejected so fast. 3.7 GPA 3.6 sGPA, 501 mcat URM OOS
Probably mcat and I don’t know what your ECs are but that could have played into it. Their average mcat is 505.5 or something like that. Hard to tell though.

Anyone else interviewing here this Friday or flying in Thursday night? Let me know so we can share rides!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Just received an interview invite! Scheduled for 10/24 AM session. Pretty stoked to have the opportunity to interview here.

Pleasure meeting all of you guys who interviewed today as well! There were only about 10 of us, which is a smaller group compared to the other two interviews I've been on so far (25-30 interviewees). Very friendly and supportive staff, faculty, students, and interviewers. Interview is with 2 faculty and lasts about 30-45min.

Also, we were told the committee is meeting next Friday, and we should have a decision the following Monday/Tuesday. Overall an amazing experience and has become a top choice for me!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
Looking for some advice. Is it too late in the cycle to add this program?

Thank you!

Can any current students comment on the cost of living in Parker, CO and would living close to school be affordable? Apartment versus renting a house? Would living in Denver and commuting be a good idea?

Can any current students comment on the cost of living in Parker, CO and would living close to school be affordable? Apartment versus renting a house? Would living in Denver and commuting be a good idea?

Unless you get a roommate, expect to pay at least 1000-1200/month on rent for an apartment, but probably more. My utilities run around 100-120/month. Renting a house will be muy expensive, unless you have roommates. Now that's for Parker/Englewood/Lone Tree, where most students live. If you want to live in Denver proper, expect to pay quite a bit more. I wouldn't recommend commuting because of traffic, but some of my classmates definitely do it.

Unless you get a roommate, expect to pay at least 1000-1200/month on rent for an apartment, but probably more. My utilities run around 100-120/month. Renting a house will be muy expensive, unless you have roommates. Now that's for Parker/Englewood/Lone Tree, where most students live. If you want to live in Denver proper, expect to pay quite a bit more. I wouldn't recommend commuting because of traffic, but some of my classmates definitely do it.
Gotcha, roommate it is then. Is there a way to coordinate this with other students such as through facebook or something?