2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Beyond excited!!! Called Rowan this morning and was told I was taken off the high priority waitlist!! Happy to be a part of the class of 2023 (High priority waitlisted 1/23)
Congrats! Were you just inquiring about your waitlist status in the call?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Were you just inquiring about your waitlist status in the call?
Yeah, I was told they review applicants the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month so I would call the following Monday or Tuesday to ask about the status of my application

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the High priority waitlist, got the call on Monday (high priority Waitlisted 1/22)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Its 8/18 according to their 19-20 academic calendar
Interesting, I was expecting some day in July as orientation begins 07/15!

Thank you for the reply, last time I looked at the calendar it was TBD!

Does anyone have the match list for 2019?

Reactions: 2 users
Is an ipad required? is there a req list for ipad/stethoscope etc anywhere?

Is an ipad required? is there a req list for ipad/stethoscope etc anywhere?
Ipad isnt reqd and all the medical tools is provided to us since its part of our term bill

Is there an accepted students page that lists everything we need to buy/order, dress code, books etc?
Not really sure what I'm supposed to do before school starts, and trying to get an idea. I haven't received any emails after the accepted students day email (which i wasn't able to attend) If anyone here went to that, can you share more information (you can also message me).

Thanks

Is there an accepted students page that lists everything we need to buy/order, dress code, books etc?
Not really sure what I'm supposed to do before school starts, and trying to get an idea. I haven't received any emails after the accepted students day email (which i wasn't able to attend) If anyone here went to that, can you share more information (you can also message me).

Thanks
They said not to buy any books. Itll be smart to have a few dress shirts plus tie if you’re a guy and some dresses if you are a woman when you need to wear the white coat.
Other than maybe get some scrubs for anatomy lab.
They also provide laptop (lenovo) .

Reactions: 1 users
They said not to buy any books. Itll be smart to have a few dress shirts plus tie if you’re a guy and some dresses if you are a woman when you need to wear the white coat.
Other than maybe get some scrubs for anatomy lab.
They also provide laptop (lenovo) .

Awesome, thanks! do they have specifics of where we order our white coat, or stethoscopes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks! do they have specifics of where we order our white coat, or stethoscopes?
Stethoscope will be provided as part of a medical kit. Cost is included as part of tuition. White Coat will be presented to you at the White Coat ceremony. Every year the NJ Assoc. of Osteopathic Physicians covers the cost for the white coats. Hope this helps.

Anyone know any details about the new curriculum? How is it different from the old one, and wills students be getting less or more study time (on their own)? I tried to learn as much as I could off of the website, lol but I think all it tells us are these descriptions of goals and an example of what our curriculum will look like.

Does anyone know if the high priority waitlist is ranked?

Anyone know any details about the new curriculum? How is it different from the old one, and wills students be getting less or more study time (on their own)? I tried to learn as much as I could off of the website, lol but I think all it tells us are these descriptions of goals and an example of what our curriculum will look like.
The previous curriculum was a classic "learn the normal" of all organ systems during first year (physio, anatomy, biochem, histology, microbiology). That was then followed by a "learn the abnormal" during second year (pathology + pharmacology + clinical medicine).

The new curriculum will be systems-based, where you learn all the normal and the abnormal of one system (ie: respiratory) and move onto the next (ie: cardio) from the beginning of first year to the end of second year. I doubt there will be any dramatic changes to the amount of independent study time

Hey Guys. I was placed on the high priority waitlist last week. Is this the same as the waitlist but a high ranking or an entirely different list?. Seems pretty confusing. Also has been pulled off of it recently?

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! Does anyone know if they are done interviewing for this cycle?

Any news on 2019 Match list?

yes, they are done interviewing for this cycle as of last week.

Hey all, I’m an out-of-state student. I was wondering if after my first year or so I can receive in-state tuition while I live in New Jersey

Can someone post a list of apartments near school that they're looking into?
Trying to find a few places

Hey all, I’m an out-of-state student. I was wondering if after my first year or so I can receive in-state tuition while I live in New Jersey
I don't think you can get IS student tuition as an OOS student for any of the 4 years. I remember seeing someone post this.

Hi! Did anyone apply to be part of the PBL track after accepted students day? If so, how soon did you hear back - if at all?

Can someone post a list of apartments near school that they're looking into?
Trying to find a few places

When I was looking I mainly went to the following:

The Vista
Echelon Glenn
Bishop-Stratford
The Landings at Pine Lake
Brookview Manor

There were some others posted in the fb group as well I believe.

When I was looking I mainly went to the following:

The Vista
Echelon Glenn
Bishop-Stratford
The Landings at Pine Lake
Brookview Manor

There were some others posted in the fb group as well I believe.

What is the Facebook group name for accepted students and other things like housing??

Anyone know if the 2019 match list has been released?

Hi! Did anyone apply to be part of the PBL track after accepted students day? If so, how soon did you hear back - if at all?
I also applied after accepted student’s day & haven’t heard back :(

Can someone explain the high priority list? Has anyone been pulled off of it yet?

why is this thread so dead this year ?

has anyone found out if there will be any real waitlist movement this year ? ive been on it for awhile now

Hey! They just got back to me with a decision .. did you get to call?

Withdrew my seat today I hope it goes to one of you guys!