2018-2019 Rush University Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've got 3000+ clinical hours and 500+ nonclinical hours and got screened. But I think it was GPA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Wait really? I didn’t think this was a hard screen. Anyone know how many applicants actually get a secondary

Last I heard (I think past few weeks) it was ~6500 out of 9000 that get secondaries but please no one yell at me if it's gone up or down since that stat was formulated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having trouble with getting the green complete mark on their letters of rec section? It's been a couple days since I designated my letters, but it still shows up as red incomplete mark.
I was having this issue for weeks and I just figured out that even if you don't have anything to write in the letter designation box you have to write N/A or any text in the box to have the form read it as completed. I did that and was complete immediately after

Wait really? I didn’t think this was a hard screen. Anyone know how many applicants actually get a secondary
I doubt that its a hard screen on volunteering. I mean I have 30 hours non clinical and about 250 clinical and I received a secondary. Im gonna apply, although Im not really hoping for too much. Those avg volunteering hours really scare me lol

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my primary the first-day AMCAS opened for submission...anyone submitted around then and not received a secondary yet? OOS, Have >2000 clinical hours and >4000 non-volunteering hours

Submitted my primary the first-day AMCAS opened for submission...anyone submitted around then and not received a secondary yet? OOS, Have >2000 clinical hours and >4000 non-volunteering hours

What are your stats? Rush does screen, so this is one possibility but not necessarily what happened

Just started working on the secondary, hopefully will have it complete tomorrow as the 1,000 character limit is pretty low (~160 words).

Members don't see this ad :)
thats pretty odd tbh, i didnt get verified till like July 20s, and got my secondary a day or two later

ii just now, complete 7/9! So happy about this one. Their mission is really aligned with my goals. I've seen people reference their high post ii acceptance rate but does anyone have an actual number on this? Thanks!

Reactions: 7 users
ii just now, complete 7/9! So happy about this one. Their mission is really aligned with my goals. I've seen people reference their high post ii acceptance rate but does anyone have an actual number on this? Thanks!

Wow! Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II a few hours ago! OOS, 521/4.0, complete 7/7

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like people with super stats are getting invited for interviews

Seems like people with super stats are getting invited for interviews

I think they’re inviting the standout applicants first for interviews. Don’t worry just yet because they’ll get down the pile

wow congrats!!! what are your stats?

What is everyone doing for the LOR requirements? I have 1 physician, 2 science, and 1 non-science letter. Not sure how to account for both the personal and non-academic letter requirements

Where you at, Rush? :eyebrow:

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday! IS LM 73

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they accept in the area updates? What are the chances one might garner a response? Thanks!

Primary will be approved in about 10 days, is it too late to apply to Rush after Labor Day?