2018-2019 Rush University Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite this morning! Secondary received 7/6, complete 7/20. OOS, MCAT 516 and GPA 3.83

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning. OOS 3.5 gpa 510 mcat URM

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I never got a secondary from them. I got a rejection email from being screened out last cycle but have yet to receive one this cycle (submitted over a month ago)... am I still in the running? Anyone know?

Received secondary today! Not sure if I wanna fill it out tho. The prompts look so complicated. Not sure if I even have a chance. My stats are so average, GPA is definitely lower than their ave tho.

Received secondary today! Not sure if I wanna fill it out tho. The prompts look so complicated. Not sure if I even have a chance. My stats are so average, GPA is definitely lower than their ave tho.
This school is so mission-focused I would not worry about stats if I were you. Now if you've never volunteered before then that would be a concern, but stats should not be an issue if you fit the mission

This school is so mission-focused I would not worry about stats if I were you. Now if you've never volunteered before then that would be a concern, but stats should not be an issue if you fit the mission
I’m part of a mission trip organization and have gone on several trips providing care to the underserved populations. So, I guess that’s why I received the secondary invite.

Too late to add this school? OOS, 503, 508 MCATs but good service and research (about 1200 combined clinical and non-clinical and 1200 research, etc.) If I added it now, I'd complete their secondary by end of September. Thoughts?

Too late to add this school? OOS, 503, 508 MCATs but good service and research (about 1200 combined clinical and non-clinical and 1200 research, etc.) If I added it now, I'd complete their secondary by end of September. Thoughts?
Might as well. You miss all the shots you don’t take

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, Complete 7/22, OOS

II today, complete 9/1 (sorry to stir speculation re app review), LM 69. Wishing you all the best of luck in this process.

jumping on that II train! complete 9/10, OOS, LM79

Guys make sure you mention in the secondary portal which letters you are selecting! I failed to do that so now my app ended up being complete like a month later. :bang:

People who submitted over a month after me hearing back already... smh

+2 lmao what can ya do
Might be prioritizing high stat and URM applicants, but I haven't looked through the whole thread so everyone chill if I'm wrong.

Might be prioritizing high stat and URM applicants, but I haven't looked through the whole thread so everyone chill if I'm wrong.

Seems like high stat people

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

LM 69 is not high stat, not that Rush really cares anyway. The people getting IIs fulfill the mission.

hmmm.... three months later I get a secondary.... is it even worth filling this out?

hmmm.... three months later I get a secondary.... is it even worth filling this out?

Supposedly they only send secondary's to ~65-70% of applicants. It's kind of a tough one but if you feel like you fit the mission then do it.

II 9/26!! Forgot to share, it'll be on Halloween for me! LM: 66 complete: mid july

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Oh and OOS, kind of important amirite? Btw msar says they interviewed 323 oos ppl and 90 oos matriculated, are the acceptance number 2x this? My chances of acceptance would jump from ~30% - >50%.

Oh and OOS, kind of important amirite? Btw msar says they interviewed 323 oos ppl and 90 oos matriculated, are the acceptance number 2x this? My chances of acceptance would jump from ~30% - >50%.

Rush has a 70% post interview acceptance rate regardless of state of residence

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone had their interview yet?

Until when does Rush interview? So much silence so some hope would be good :)

Hoping for some good news from my top choice this week :clap:

Hi-

I saw it mentioned here that there is a discount for prospective students who are coming to Rush to interview at the Marriott. I can't find any code online for the discount however. I called their desk and they weren't much help. Does anyone know anything about this?

Hi-

I saw it mentioned here that there is a discount for prospective students who are coming to Rush to interview at the Marriott. I can't find any code online for the discount however. I called their desk and they weren't much help. Does anyone know anything about this?
For my interview I also tried calling and they didn't know what I was talking about

For my interview I also tried calling and they didn't know what I was talking about
I called a few days ago. The lady said the discount is $239 plus tax so I just got an Airbnb about 2miles out for half that price. I also signed up for student hosting but have not heard back yet and my interview is in 1 week haha

... or people aren’t putting whether they’re urm or orm on purpose haha

For the sake of transparency: I am FAR from high stat as evident by my LM. I am URM though and I definitely match their mission. I'm sure there are other URMs applying with way better numbers than me. But, I match their mission very very well so it definitely plays a role and just goes to show that adcoms actually do a holistic review.

Reactions: 3 users