2018-2019 Rush University Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my II here (2nd overall)! Idk what you all are looking for info wise, so I'm posting all I can find/think of because I found it soothing when others did.

Primary complete July 9th
Secondary Received August 14th
Secondary Complete Sept 5th
II November 6th

GPA 3.83 bcpm 3.69 ao 4.0
MCAT 130/124/128/127:509 (LM ~68)
OOS, no ties to the area. Rural, but not poverty. Pharmaceutical Sciences Major @Ohio State with no gap year.

Interview days are 815am-4pm on Wednesdays. Given 4 options, but really 3 because no way I'm going tomorrow!
Congrats! Can I ask how many volunteer hours you have?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Can I ask how many volunteer hours you have?
Thanks! I have no idea tbh, but I've been volunteering at my campus hospital and in pathology research for the past year. Volunteered this summer at a heritage and a bit at a community hospital. Beyond that just small school org. volunteering opportunities my first two ugrad years.

Does anyone know the OOS to IS ratio? Trying to feel out my odds of getting an A, but all I can find are total IIs and maltriculating class size.

Good luck everyone! Oh, and if anyone from Ohio plans on going late Nov/early Dec, dm me. Wouldn't mind carpooling :)

Edit: Currently taking Greyhound. Probably need a place to stay. Anyone know a cheap/free place I could sleep on December 4th?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got an II here today and couldn't be happier because I love everything about this school! Honestly can't wait to interview :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I have no idea tbh, but I've been volunteering at my campus hospital and in pathology research for the past year. Volunteered this summer at a heritage and a bit at a community hospital. Beyond that just small school org. volunteering opportunities my first two ugrad years.

Does anyone know the OOS to IS ratio? Trying to feel out my odds of getting an A, but all I can find are total IIs and maltriculating class size.

Good luck everyone! Oh, and if anyone from Ohio plans on going late Nov/early Dec, dm me. Wouldn't mind carpooling :)

Edit: Currently taking Greyhound. Probably need a place to stay. Anyone know a cheap/free place I could sleep on December 4th?
Nice, was just wondering because I have decent volunteer hours like you but nothing insane (like 600 or 700+), and I heard Rush likes service so I was a bit worried but it's looking like that that's not what excludes someone from getting an interview so yay.

According to MSAR, 46 IS applicants, and 90 OOS. They interviewed 119 IS and 323 OOS last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted. GL to everyone else. Guess this one is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted!!! Ahh!! Interviewed late last month.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Interviewed 10/24. Got an email this morning

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that received " under consideration" status post ii been accepted?

Has anyone that received " under consideration" status post ii been accepted?
I was put under active consideration on 10/26 after interviewing and have yet to hear anything else

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/30 and radio silence :(

Anyone else in a similar boat?

Reactions: 7 users
I submitted my secondary sometime mid July & radio silence since then. I’m just assuming now that it’ll lead to R

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted my secondary sometime mid July & radio silence since then. I’m just assuming now that it’ll lead to R

Don't assume, brah. It's still November and they're not in any Rush to fill their class. :bookworm:

Reactions: 15 users
So Rush is not receptive to updates or ITA, correct? Is there anything we can do at this point to show our continued interest? Really hoping for an II here!

anyone know if they're still sending IIs?
Yes, if you scroll up you'll see someone received one 11/6 and the dates offered were through Nov. In the past they have interviewed *though January, so they will be sending out more IIs.

*forgot "through", and it seems they interview through Feb as well!

Last edited:
Yes, if you scroll up you'll see someone received one 11/6 and the dates offered were through Nov. In the past they have interviewed January, so they will be sending out more IIs.

Do they not interview out till march or something? Or is it that around Jan is when they stop sending II cause their booked?

lol been done last week of July still nothing :(

I am praying to the gods I get an II here. I've been accepted elsewhere but would love to go to Rush instead.

lol been done last week of July still nothing :(

I am praying to the gods I get an II here. I've been accepted elsewhere but would love to go to Rush instead.

Lol that’s exactly how I feel. Have a few acceptances but likely would turn them down for Rush. Now if only there was a way to let them know that!

Just got my II here (2nd overall)! Idk what you all are looking for info wise, so I'm posting all I can find/think of because I found it soothing when others did.

Primary complete July 9th
Secondary Received August 14th
Secondary Complete Sept 5th
II November 6th

GPA 3.83 bcpm 3.69 ao 4.0
MCAT 130/124/128/127:509 (LM ~68)
OOS, no ties to the area. Rural, but not poverty. Pharmaceutical Sciences Major @Ohio State with no gap year.

Interview days are 815am-4pm on Wednesdays. Given 4 options, but really 3 because no way I'm going tomorrow!
congrats

Last edited:
placed under active consideration. Anyone get accepted after this? bummed

ACCEPTED!!!!:soexcited:Interviewed on 10/31 as well.

I didn’t get any updates from Rush should I be concerned?

Also placed under active consideration today. Interviewed 10/31

I am interested in hearing about the new curriculum. How do students like the flipped classroom with more small group and PBL? How much time is spent per week for small group stuff? Is it true that it is 15 mandatory hours... Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Californian interviewing here on 12/05! Any tips on how to dress for the weather (male)? Much appreciated!

Accepted last Friday! Interviewed on 10/31. I am beyond excited!! Does anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook page? I haven't heard much from Rush besides the offer of admission.

So Rush is not receptive to updates or ITA, correct? Is there anything we can do at this point to show our continued interest? Really hoping for an II here!
Can someone please confirm about the ITA email and updates? Would also love to know how to showcontinued interest....
Thanks yall!!!

Waitlisted, interviewed 11/6. Not the news I was hoping for, but oh well :shrug: Anyone know how often they pull off the waitlist to fill their class?

Can someone please confirm about the ITA email and updates? Would also love to know how to showcontinued interest....
Thanks yall!!!
They don't accept ITA. Updates are only accepted after February for waitlisted applicants.

Does anyone know if Rush does silent rejections? Complete mid August and still silence...

Does anyone know if Rush does silent rejections? Complete mid August and still silence...

They don’t do silent rejections. They usually send out rejections around February. They also send II through ~January as well.

has anyone that's been put under "active consideration" heard back? I don't see this was common last year, does anyone know if this is new for Rush?

has anyone that's been put under "active consideration" heard back? I don't see this was common last year, does anyone know if this is new for Rush?
many schools are doing deferrals this cycle when they haven't in the past due to the new traffic rules I believe!

many schools are doing deferrals this cycle when they haven't in the past due to the new traffic rules I believe!
do you know more about this, and how it impacts overall acceptance/rejections??

did Rush not send out any decisions today?