Dec 27, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is there a priority alternate and alternate waitlist? If so, what are the chances of getting off either?
There is a "priority alternate" and an "alternate" list. To be honest, not sure about the chances of getting off either this year due to the AMCAS changes. My guess is that NJMS probably played it conservative this year, so hopefully that'll mean more waitlist movement!

Reactions: coffeeandteadoctor
Feb 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what the wait list movement is like for this school? Currently on the Priority Alternate list.

Feb 20, 2019
Just received an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/14. Like everyone else, I’m wondering if there’s ever any movement on the regular alternate list. Didn’t see anything in the last two threads.

Currently accepting little rays of hope from anyone who has a cousin who knows someone that might have come off the alternate list.

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just received an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/14. Like everyone else, I’m wondering if there’s ever any movement on the regular alternate list. Didn’t see anything in the last two threads.

Currently accepting little rays of hope from anyone who has a cousin who knows someone that might have come off the alternate list.
Keep sending updates to the school.

Oct 31, 2018
At the AAMC virtual conference in February a rep from the school stated they would be screening until the end of February and interviewing through March. Not sure if that means its still possible to receive a II.

Reactions: smallscrapes
Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
If you are planning to live at 180 W Market, make sure to bring your own lamps and lightbulbs. Minimal lighting inside.
Do we get a choice? The information online says:
First year students will be mostly assigned to Woodward Hall, and Talbott Apartments for should additional assignments need to be placed.

shmorgborg

2+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed 2/28. Alternate listed 3/18.
Don't really have any significant updates considering I'm post grad grad lol and already sent nice updates in February. Any advice or give up

ph1103

2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Does anyone know if NJMS has a "commit to enroll" deadline for this year? A lot of schools seem to be later in the summer, but I haven't been able to find that info for NJMS

Aug 29, 2018
If I haven't heard back should I expect to be waitlisted?
I haven't heard back either and it's been 3ish months for me. Confused because if they start pulling from the waitlist in May... are we unofficially waitlisted? Lol because I didn't see any acceptances in April in last years thread. One person did say they had interviewed in Jan and were accepted in May, and were never waitlisted so maybe (hopefully) that'll be us...

Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Im sure by April 15th deadline for those that need to narrow it down to 3.. there might be some more rejections, waitlists going out... but then after the 30th will be the most action with those either committing other places...

Reactions: Golden-Future

nihil_nomen

I am the watcher on the threads
Dec 10, 2018
Has anybody on these forums gotten more than 3 acceptances and is planning on removing NJMS come this April 15th?

Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone know when NJMS would contact you regarding a scholarship? I have been receiving financial aid materials but no information about potential scholarships. It would be helpful in knowing that before I make my decision. Thanks!

Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when NJMS would contact you regarding a scholarship? I have been receiving financial aid materials but no information about potential scholarships. It would be helpful in knowing that before I make my decision. Thanks!
not sure there are any, I think first years dont get any unless you are need based.

Reactions: wooooop