2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Njms Match week is in about 2 weeks so it's bound to be a busy time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just took myself off of the priority alternate list. Hopefully one of you gets my spot and ultimately accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what the wait list movement is like for this school? Currently on the Priority Alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/14. Like everyone else, I’m wondering if there’s ever any movement on the regular alternate list. Didn’t see anything in the last two threads.

Currently accepting little rays of hope from anyone who has a cousin who knows someone that might have come off the alternate list.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an email notifying me that I was put on the alternate list. Interviewed 2/14. Like everyone else, I’m wondering if there’s ever any movement on the regular alternate list. Didn’t see anything in the last two threads.

Currently accepting little rays of hope from anyone who has a cousin who knows someone that might have come off the alternate list.

Keep sending updates to the school.

Just withdrew my name from the priority waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when this school sends out its final wave of rejections ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else waiting on a final decision post interview? I interviewed late December and haven’t received a decision.
I interviewed in October and didn’t hear back at all until February (just to ease your nerves: I was waitlisted)

Also wondering whether people get rejections at all? From this thread it just seems that everyone gets thrown into priority alternate list or the alternate list..

Reactions: 1 users
At the AAMC virtual conference in February a rep from the school stated they would be screening until the end of February and interviewing through March. Not sure if that means its still possible to receive a II.

Was there any important info you guys received at accepted students day?

Was there any important info you guys received at accepted students day?

If you are planning to live at 180 W Market, make sure to bring your own lamps and lightbulbs. Minimal lighting inside.

If you are planning to live at 180 W Market, make sure to bring your own lamps and lightbulbs. Minimal lighting inside.
Agree with this. Otherwise they just had a panel of M4s and faculty. Nothing really critical was mentioned.
Did anyone find a roommate or are you all planning to be randomly assigned?

Do we get a choice? The information online says:
First year students will be mostly assigned to Woodward Hall, and Talbott Apartments for should additional assignments need to be placed.

First year students will be mostly assigned to Woodward Hall, and Talbott Apartments for should additional assignments need to be placed.
If 180 fills up, you'll potentially be placed in one of those 2.

I'm pretty sure thats undergrad housing.

Can confirm that is undergrad. All on campus NJMS students will be at 180.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewed 2/28. Alternate listed 3/18.
Don't really have any significant updates considering I'm post grad grad lol and already sent nice updates in February. Any advice or give up

Does anyone know if NJMS has a "commit to enroll" deadline for this year? A lot of schools seem to be later in the summer, but I haven't been able to find that info for NJMS

When does this school send out its rejections?

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet?

Has anyone sent updates?

Is anyone still alive?

If I haven't heard back should I expect to be waitlisted?
I haven't heard back either and it's been 3ish months for me. Confused because if they start pulling from the waitlist in May... are we unofficially waitlisted? Lol because I didn't see any acceptances in April in last years thread. One person did say they had interviewed in Jan and were accepted in May, and were never waitlisted so maybe (hopefully) that'll be us...

• Wow
Im sure by April 15th deadline for those that need to narrow it down to 3.. there might be some more rejections, waitlists going out... but then after the 30th will be the most action with those either committing other places...

Has anybody on these forums gotten more than 3 acceptances and is planning on removing NJMS come this April 15th?

I withdrew early last week! Good luck to those of you waiting!

Does anyone know when NJMS would contact you regarding a scholarship? I have been receiving financial aid materials but no information about potential scholarships. It would be helpful in knowing that before I make my decision. Thanks!

Does anyone know when NJMS would contact you regarding a scholarship? I have been receiving financial aid materials but no information about potential scholarships. It would be helpful in knowing that before I make my decision. Thanks!
not sure there are any, I think first years dont get any unless you are need based.

There are some merit-based partial scholarships that went out a couple weeks ago. I don't know if there are any other scholarships that haven't gone out yet.

Does anyone know what NJMS deadline is for deciding to Commit to Enroll for them? Thanks!

Did anyone on the priority alternate list get any news today? I assumed we’d be hearing back at some point this week.