2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do u know whens the deadline i just received II

The official deadline is December 15th and I don't think a 2-week return is enforced.. but id get it back asap regardless

Members don't see this ad.

what did yall write for the integrity essay? i can't think of anything but "integrity is important" lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you get an invitation to take the next step with Rutgers email and you think it's a II, but they just want your photo to be uploaded...

Reactions: 3 users
di
When you get an invitation to take the next step with Rutgers email and you think it's a II, but they just want your photo to be uploaded...

did you ever get an email saying the app is complete?

How are you guys answering the mini-optional questions like how do you identify racially? Like, do we just say I identify as Asian/Caucasian etc. or are they expecting something more here?

Reactions: 1 users
what did yall write for the integrity essay? i can't think of anything but "integrity is important" lmao
I'm so frustrated by this prompt. How many thoughts are there to have on integrity?! I can't imagine this will really differentiate applicants.

I'm so frustrated by this prompt. How many thoughts are there to have on integrity?! I can't imagine this will really differentiate applicants.
lmao maybe we have to be the applicant ready to throw integrity to the wayside & put the patient above all

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for the photo e-mail to get sent to you guys?

So when you go to upload a photo it says the photo must be taken within the last 6 months. I have a linked in headshot that I've been using for all my apps that was taken like a year ago but I look exactly the same. The only reason I'm hesitant to upload it is if it has like a date attached to it... Anyone think it would be ok to upload that picture or take a new one?

So when you go to upload a photo it says the photo must be taken within the last 6 months. I have a linked in headshot that I've been using for all my apps that was taken like a year ago but I look exactly the same. The only reason I'm hesitant to upload it is if it has like a date attached to it... Anyone think it would be ok to upload that picture or take a new one?
Unless you gained or lost a huge amount of weight, how are they gonna tell? I uploaded my headshot from a year ago too because Iook exactly the same.

been accepted for a few weeks. background check requests came recently

should i make a facebook group for accepted students or is it too early?

How about yesterday? did anyone get a call? If they don't get back within three weeks, should we be sending an email or call to check the status?
I didn't recieve any call yesterday. I'm thinking about sending an email if I don't hear back today

How about yesterday? did anyone get a call? If they don't get back within three weeks, should we be sending an email or call to check the status?

I know they meet on Thursdays so I was thinking about waiting until this Sunday. But I'm considering sending an email as well

I know they meet on Thursdays so I was thinking about waiting until this Sunday. But I'm considering sending an email as well

Hi all, as far as I know Dr. Heinrich has been abroad in London and so the committee has not met for the last 2 weeks. He may have returned before this past Thursday? But from the lack of phone calls made I think the committee will meet next Thursday

I heard from a current student that Dr. H is coming back this week and the committee should be meeting this Thursday. So hopefully by August 12th the remainder of the EDers will hear back.

the committee definitely met today!!! Today was also the white coat ceremony so I'm not expecting anything tonight...
good luck everyone

Got the call tonight hopefully you all will get good news soon as well

Reactions: 2 users
omg i just got it!! I was checking 24/7 today, I feel so relieved now. (I'm ED)

Reactions: 2 users
hi all, I got the call Friday night. the RD process should be rolling soon. Good luck everyone!

And congrats to you two, I'm looking forward to being classmates with you all

just got an RD interview! (IS)
Me too! Email was weird, just said “take the next step with your application” and then I logged onto the portal and it had a button for scheduling interviews! Very excited :)

Me too! Email was weird, just said “take the next step with your application” and then I logged onto the portal and it had a button for scheduling interviews! Very excited :)
haha yeah, I was skeptical at first (esp. after getting some fakeout emails from other schools recently) and then pleasantly surprised once I logged in :)

Can anyone who interviewed already (ED or RD) please share your general experience. Just got II today and looking forward to it!

Is everyone doing the student interview? I wanted to but I'd have to get there a lot earlier so I don't really know if its worth it. On the other hand I don't want to seem uninterested.

Is everyone doing the student interview? I wanted to but I'd have to get there a lot earlier so I don't really know if its worth it. On the other hand I don't want to seem uninterested.
I'm going to do the student interview, I think it definitely will give a better picture of the school. I will also have to arrive earlier but I'm hoping it will relax me and give me some more insight before the faculty interview.

Congrats to future classmates getting the call and to those receiving RD II.

For the ED acceptees, has anyone's status been completed for criminal background check? I filled mine out more than a week ago and it is still in processing. I'm just hoping the system is backed up and I don't have some horrible crime history that I wasn't aware of.

If you have the option of doing a student interview, definitely do it. The student interview has quite a bit weight and while it is "optional" it won't look too good if you decline it.