2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any other ED applicants still waiting for a response? Interviewed two weeks ago:sorry:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II yesterday morning! Submitted 8/3, IS, RD

Reactions: 1 user
For those that just recently received an acceptance call- should we be receiving an email with next steps soon? Just want to make sure I’m not behind in anything

Has anyone OOS received an II yet? Submitted my secondary for this school early August.

For those that just recently received an acceptance call- should we be receiving an email with next steps soon? Just want to make sure I’m not behind in anything
I got the call last week and he told me in about 2 weeks we will be receiving letters and an email.

So I somehow missed the email to upload my photo, and when I went to check my portal today it said "upload document by 8/08/18." I submitted my picture today but do you think it's a problem that it's 10 days after the deadline???

I just got an II here earlier today!!! LM 75, IS, Complete 8/7 (regular decision).

Just got an II today, it's going to be my first one!!!!!!!!!!!! IS, Complete 8/13 RD

did you guys get a confirmation email when their secondary app was submitted and/or complete? I submitted on 8/11 and haven't heard a thing.. not sure if something's wrong or if I'm just getting paranoid and worried for no reason. (RD)

Nope, I didn't get any confirmation email either even after uploading the pic to the portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like there hasn't really been any updates or IIs sent out from here in a while. Hope NJMS shows me some love :(

Only 1 II so far in the cycle for me. Hoping this will be a second!

II! OMG interview dates fill up fast for this school. Next available one is 10/12

Anyone who has been admitted, aside from the stuff in the accepted students portal is there anything else we need to do at this point? Really want to make sure I don't fall behind or miss something.

Anyone complete last week of July/First week of August get an interview yet? Wondering if I've been passed over here :(

Anyone complete last week of July/First week of August get an interview yet? Wondering if I've been passed over here :(
I was complete 7/30 and got an II on 9/7. I don't think its really linear because people complete after have gotten II's before me.

Anyone who has been admitted, aside from the stuff in the accepted students portal is there anything else we need to do at this point? Really want to make sure I don't fall behind or miss something.

Not that I know of.

What’s the NJMS interview style? MMI or traditional? Also, it’s rolling decisions so is scheduling a mid-late November interview going to hurt my chances?

What’s the NJMS interview style? MMI or traditional? Also, it’s rolling decisions so is scheduling a mid-late November interview going to hurt my chances?
It's a traditional one on one interview. And since it's rolling the earlier you can schedule the better, but I don't think mid November is necessarily late

II today, OOS!! The e-mail was so vague haha. Not even the word interview in the e-mail lol.

II, OOS, complete late August.
available dates are December

Did anyone else just get a complete email? I submitted in early August and my LoRs were sent to AMCAS on 7/26.

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone else just get a complete email? I submitted in early August and my LoRs were sent to AMCAS on 7/26.

Yes, I just got a complete email despite being technically complete early August.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted everything late july and just got the email saying my app was complete

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who got an II recently not get a confirmation e-mail yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when we are supposed to report to the admission's office on the day of our interview?

Does anyone know when we are supposed to report to the admission's office on the day of our interview?

The time should be stated in your interview invitation e-mail. It's a good idea to arrive at least 10 minutes before, though.

The time should be stated in your interview invitation e-mail. It's a good idea to arrive at least 10 minutes before, though.
Ok, it's just kind of strange to me because most schools have an info session or welcoming event at the beginning of the day, so I was wondering if there was something similar here.

Ok, it's just kind of strange to me because most schools have an info session or welcoming event at the beginning of the day, so I was wondering if there was something similar here.

Yeah, I figured that's why you asked; it is kind of unique compared to the way I know other schools perform their interview days. My NJMS interview day didn't have a welcoming event nor an info session, but there was a campus tour and an optional student interview. The assistant dean did come speak to us as a group just before and after the tour. Whatever scheduled event you have first during the day (whether it be the faculty interview, student interview, or tour), come at least 10 minutes before the start time. Good luck!

Can we schedule the student interview for AFTER the faculty interview or will this look bad / is it detrimental to us at all?

Can we schedule the student interview for AFTER the faculty interview or will this look bad / is it detrimental to us at all?
Why would it look bad?? I don’t think that matters at all. I would just say to make sure you can still do the tour and lunch because that’s when you get to speak to the students and learn the most about the school.

Can anyone give feedback for their interview day? The feedback on the SDN feedback page doesn't seem that helpful at all... Much appreciated.