2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone give feedback for their interview day? The feedback on the SDN feedback page doesn't seem that helpful at all... Much appreciated.

One of my friends did her interview and basically said its kinda disorganized a bit. You gotta know the timings of your faculty and student interview. There is a tour at 12 and lunch at 2. She also said nobody is "holding you hand" during the day. Even the tour and lunch and even student interview is optional. You have the choice whether to attend or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone give feedback for their interview day? The feedback on the SDN feedback page doesn't seem that helpful at all... Much appreciated.
There’s no organized info session or check in or anything. The only requirement is the faculty interview at the time you signed up for but I highly recommend also signing up for the student interview and attending the tour and lunch. The students who gave the tour were super nice and informative and had great things to say about the school

Reactions: 1 user
I was early decision, but it was pretty laid back. I arrived like ten minutes before my interview and there was a few other interviewee's in the room. My interviewer called me in and we talked for about an hour. Then we went on a tour with a student and had lunch. ED applicants don't have the option for a student interview, so after lunch we just left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview day is pretty straight forward. Either you have a morning or afternoon interview, tour and lunch around noon, and optional student interview depending on when your faculty interview was.

I was ED and had afternoon faculty interview (1 or 2pm if i recall) with no option for student interview. RD should be pretty similar except for the student interview part.

Interview itself is traditional more or less but can vary depending on the interviewer. The faculty is not necessarily a physician either. As long as you know your application and present yourself well, it’s relatively stress free. My interviewer was a research scientist and we had a great time ripping apart my sophomoric research efforts that I flaunted in the apps.

Student interviews are cancelled for this Thursday...i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Student interviews are cancelled for this Thursday...i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
It's neither, honestly. The M2s who do most of the student interviewing have their mandatory preceptorship on Thursdays and won't be around to conduct interviews and no M3s or M4s were available.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed early!! Hope you get lots of phone calls this week!!!

ACCEPTED!!!! Got the phone call at 11am this morning! Interviewed at the end of August. Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those who have gotten in!!! Has anyone from 9/5 interview date heard anything yet?

Accepted!! Got the call at 11:30 am today! I interviewed 8/22. Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
!!!! Got the call today at 7pm!!! Interviewed 9/6, good luck to everyone else :)

For people who have been accepted, do you know when we're supposed to get the email? I think I blacked out when I was on the phone call I don't remember a single thing he said hahahaha

For people who have been accepted, do you know when we're supposed to get the email? I think I blacked out when I was on the phone call I don't remember a single thing he said hahahaha

I just got mine this morning!

Accepted last night, got the call around 9 pm, interviewed 9/13

Got the call last night!!!! around 10 pm, interviewed 9/17

Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those waiting to hear back. Don't lose hope! I applied ED and interviewed on 8/1. Got the call from Dr. Heinrich on 8/19. Can't wait for August!

Any interviews recently? Submitted July, received complete email end of September (think they had a glitch), silence since then :/

I received an II earlier this week! OOS

Interviewed 9/18. Accepted via call on 10/22 around 11am.
Out-of-state
GPA: 3.87
MCAT: 512

Got accepted today! Interviewed 9/27, and was called this afternoon!

No interview yet. Sent an email update this past week.

Rejected post-II. A real shame, I really liked this school. Good luck everyone else!!

Seems they almost reaching 10/18 interviewees! Really hoping for the best!!

Does NJMS get back to applicants in the order in which they interviewed? I saw there were some people who interviewed after me that have already heard back