2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that still hasn't received a decision yet? I've been complete since October 1st and have received absolutely nothing. Im worried that they might have lost my application!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone that still hasn't received a decision yet? I've been complete since October 1st and have received absolutely nothing. Im worried that they might have lost my application!

I’ve been complete since August 29th and no decision yet....ahhhh!!!

They sent out some pre II rejections today, so if you didn’t get one you’re still in the game.

Reactions: 1 users
No R or II from SLU and I was complete 08/19. Even though some of us still are in the running for an II, I have to think they are nearly finished inviting all the people they want to interview, and they may send out a blast rejection e-mail to the rest of us when all is said and done in a few weeks.

UPDATE: Just got the pre-II rejection email from SLU. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, OOS applicant LM 75 here. Just got an II and honestly I’m so surprised with it being so late in the cycle. Does anyone know if SLU is still offering acceptances, or will I be immediately placed on the WL?? I have scheduled my interview for Monday (2/18)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, OOS applicant LM 75 here. Just got an II and honestly I’m so surprised with it being so late in the cycle. Does anyone know if SLU is still offering acceptances, or will I be immediately placed on the WL?? I have scheduled my interview for Monday (2/18)
If you look earlier in the thread, or last years thread, it looks like they're mostly for the WL

My interviewer this week made it sound like a WL was a likely outcome post-II, but not an absolute guarantee. Like there was a chance for an A, but given the timing of the cycle it was less likely than a WL. I think he was telling me that to reassure me that a WL wasn't necessarily a bad thing because he went on to talk about traffic day movement and whatnot after that. I know that differs from other's experiences, but that's what was told to me.

Members don't see this ad :)

Of course they are still offering acceptances. Does the percentage of acceptances go down this time of year, most likely, but I have never heard of any school interviewing late solely for the WL. The new traffic rules may have changed things though, but I doubt they'd let an outstanding applicant be placed on the WL just because of the timing of the interview. If they want you they want you regardless of when you interview. Just my thought process.

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck and hope one of you gets it!

Of course they are still offering acceptances. Does the percentage of acceptances go down this time of year, most likely, but I have never heard of any school interviewing late solely for the WL. The new traffic rules may have changed things though, but I doubt they'd let an outstanding applicant be placed on the WL just because of the timing of the interview. If they want you they want you regardless of when you interview. Just my thought process.

Thank you for the insight!!!!:) I agree with your thought process!

Did anyone else request their go best shuttle service from the airport to their hotel? I am interviewing Monday and emailed them about this on Tuesday and never got a response..

EDIT: I just got an email confirmation from the shuttle service but it says $25 will be due. It sounded to me like the school was paying for this?

Last edited:
Did anyone else request their go best shuttle service from the airport to their hotel? I am interviewing Monday and emailed them about this on Tuesday and never got a response..

EDIT: I just got an email confirmation from the shuttle service but it says $25 will be due. It sounded to me like the school was paying for this?

I would check if your hotel will pick you up. Some hotels have a shuttle service that is free for guests. I used the shuttle to get to and from the dinner on Sunday as well as to and from the interview.

Looks like the facebook page is up!

Hello everyone. I am one of the current M1s at SLUSOM that will be assisting with coordination of orientation for the Class of 2023. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will try to scroll through this forum and answer some questions/concerns. As you might know, we already have a Facebook group up for the accepted students. Here is the link:

Thanks!

Happy to help! Also hoping that pending requests to join will be approved soon, not sure how they go about that :D
We'll message each request to get proof of acceptance. After that is confirmed, you'll be added!

Pre I R, complete Sept. thought I had a pretty good app for the school- good stats, emphasis on social justice and wrote a pretty good essay (to me at least lol) about wanting to go to a Jesuit school. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We'll message each request to get proof of acceptance. After that is confirmed, you'll be added!

Have the admins for the page started sending messages to confirm acceptances? I sent a request but haven’t received a message. Just wondering.

Have the admins for the page started sending messages to confirm acceptances? I sent a request but haven’t received a message. Just wondering.
We have begun the process. Of the six orientation leads, one person is responsible for adding people. It shouldn't take too long for you to be added. Let me know if you have issues.

A SLU professor just expressed his excitement that interviews will be done soon... But I'm still here waiting for an II tho

Hi all, we are excited to begin welcoming the next group of M1's coming this fall!

Please make sure that after you request the Facebook group that you keep an eye on your Facebook messenger. We will contact you through a direct message there. I check the requests often so you should receive a message within a day or two! As of right now, I have replied to all current students who have requested to join. So, if you have requested to join and have not received communication double check the messenger app and double check that you have requested the correct 2023 class page titled "Saint Louis University School of Medicine Class of 2023." Thanks and let us know if you have any issues!

We have begun the process. Of the six orientation leads, one person is responsible for adding people. It shouldn't take too long for you to be added. Let me know if you have issues.

Maybe something went wrong with my Facebook group request. I sent it last last week and still wasn’t added. I canceled my initial request today and sent another just in case it was a glitch.

Waitlist email today.. Feels bad! Interviewed 12/18, OOS.
Anyone have extra info on the waitlist here?

Omg im so nervous since everyone is getting waitlisted. I have an interview coming up and don't know what to think

Omg im so nervous since everyone is getting waitlisted. I have an interview coming up and don't know what to think

There’s a chance you’ll be accepted outright. If you don’t like to gamble and truly believe it’s all waitlists at this time, you could let someone else have the interview.

It’s ok to turn interviews down. Sometimes people need to be reminded of that.

There’s a chance you’ll be accepted outright. If you don’t like to gamble and truly believe it’s all waitlists at this time, you could let someone else have the interview.

It’s ok to turn interviews down. Sometimes people need to be reminded of that.

I would love to go here and would never turn the interview down. In the previous page some people were talking about interviewing for waitlist spots and I was just concerned

I would love to go here and would never turn the interview down. In the previous page some people were talking about interviewing for waitlist spots and I was just concerned

Well, if you’re down to go even if it results in a waitlist, then there’s nothing we can do at this point but try to have the best interview ever. Don’t make yourself a ball of nerves as it’s all out of your control and up in the air.

Alright even if it is true (which it most likely isn’t) that SLU interviews for the waitlist towards the end, remember that it is a ranked list. So if you do an excellent interview you’ll liked be ranked on the top! And SLU gets a really high number of accepts from the waitlist.