2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other late feb interviewers hear back yet ? It’s been about 8 weeks now ahaha

You should hear back soon.

The funny thing about SLU is that there have been moments in previous years where some people got waitlisted and then accepted BEFORE other people even heard back from their interview at all! Is it just me or is that weird? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a “Would you like to remain on the Waiting List” email?

SLU usually sends those out around mid-April

Also, just for clarification, when you get the email from SLU telling you that you are waitlisted, do you have to click something on the portal to “accept” your position on the waitlist? All of the other schools I got waitlisted at told me to do this. SLU was the only one who didn’t!

Also, just for clarification, when you get the email from SLU telling you that you are waitlisted, do you have to click something on the portal to “accept” your position on the waitlist? All of the other schools I got waitlisted at told me to do this. SLU was the only one who didn’t!

You should ask the school directly about this, but if it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the email to you it’s probably not a requirement.

Will be withdrawing acceptance, hoping you guys see some waitlist movement soon :)

Reactions: 6 users
Finally got my waitlist decision, I interviewed late feb. I really want to go here and I know that the waitlist is ranked. Do LOIs and updates still work then?

Is everybody who interviews late getting waitlisted or are there any acceptances/rejections? In other words, roughly how large is their waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Is everybody who interviews getting waitlisted or are there any acceptances/rejections? In other words, roughly how large is their waitlist?

I think there aren’t any post-II rejections cause none have been reported on SDN. Everyone without an acceptance gets waitlisted. Although the acceptance:waitlist ratio is unknown.

I think there aren’t any post-II rejections cause none have been reported on SDN. Everyone without an acceptance gets waitlisted. Although the acceptance:waitlist ratio is unknown.

That’s unfortunate

Got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist. Anyone else get this email?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully this means that SLU is almost ready to take people off the waitlist!!

Who knows, maybe they might even start before 5/1!!

• Love
My thoughts are that even if your info didnt change, you should resubmit your application just in case they get a notification. My info didnt change but i filled in my evening phone numbers and resubmitted because why not.

Reactions: 1 users
Have other people who have been waitlisted not recieved an email for staying on the waitlist? Wondering if recieving an email earlier means higher priority ranking in the waitlist. Previous threads seem to go both ways. I apologize if this is neurotic.

Have other people who have been waitlisted not recieved an email for staying on the waitlist? Wondering if recieving an email earlier means higher priority ranking in the waitlist. Previous threads seem to go both ways. I apologize if this is neurotic.

I am pretty sure everyone got the email. It just seems like an internal measure to expedite things on their end so they’re not wasting time accepting applicants who are no longer interested.

Reactions: 1 users
I am pretty sure everyone got the email. It just seems like an internal measure to expedite things on their end so they’re not wasting time accepting applicants who are no longer interested.

The good thing is that SLU is strictly ranked number by number. So there is no question as to who will fill a vacancy. This is why SLU traditionally has had a massive influx of acceptances on May 1.

Anyone know how to get their email up and running? I found the assigned email address on the portal but couldn't find instructions on how to set it up.

My thoughts are that even if your info didnt change, you should resubmit your application just in case they get a notification. My info didnt change but i filled in my evening phone numbers and resubmitted because why not.
same, I submitted the same information. I think we're required to submit the form if we want to remain on the waitlist?
The email says "If you do not complete this form and your name comes to the top of the alternate list, the offer will be extended to the next candidate."

You mean resubmit the Amcas primary?

Due to some severe circumstances, I will be withdrawing my spot on the waitlist despite not having any acceptances. Good luck all.

Due to some severe circumstances, I will be withdrawing my spot on the waitlist despite not having any acceptances. Good luck all.

Damn sorry to hear that, I always saw you around on this thread so sounded like you were pretty excited for this school. Hope you have thought it out clearly and best wishes.

Damn sorry to hear that, I always saw you around on this thread so sounded like you were pretty excited for this school. Hope you have thought it out clearly and best wishes.

I recieved some news recently which will make it near impossible to move so far away from home.

I’m super bummed because I really really liked SLU.

Very sorry to hear this as well. I wish you the best of luck going forward!

Has anyone gotten the university scholarship or any other grants or scholarships?

Just received an acceptance. I accepted the offer, but if I do not get my financial aid information back before April 30, I will likely have to withdraw.

Just received an acceptance. I accepted the offer, but if I do not get my financial aid information back before April 30, I will likely have to withdraw.

Congrats! Were you accepted off of the waitlist or direct from your interview?

Just withdrew from the alternate list after receiving acceptance to my top choice, good luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist this afternoon! Tough decisions ahead.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how receptive this school is to matching scholarships/tuition? I have an acceptance at a school that is significantly less expensive. I’d most likely go to SLU if they could even cut the difference in half. I know their scholarships are limited, but I’d like to find out.

Anyone know how to go about sending in final transcripts? Not sure if I need my school to mail it directly to them, or if I need to use the AMCAS portal?

Withdrew my acceptance today (accepted in October). Hope it helps out one of you on the WL. Best of luck friends!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, was accepted sometime in November. Hope it helps one of you gets off the WL!

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my acceptance today after a lot of deliberation. Financially, I had better options. Best of luck to you all on the waitlist and to the SLU Class of 2023!

Reactions: 5 users