2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completed 8/16, this is my top school choice. Looks like it takes about ~6 weeks for them to extend invites so the earliest we'll hear is around October? Does that check out?
Per AAMC guidelines, the earliest schools can send acceptances is Oct. 15.

Members don't see this ad.

Completed 8/16, this is my top school choice. Looks like it takes about ~6 weeks for them to extend invites so the earliest we'll hear is around October? Does that check out?

I wouldnt bet on the 6 weeks. I was complete 7/25, which is exactly 7 weeks from today and still havent heard anything.

I was complete 7/17 and still haven't heard back anything so it's been like 8 weeks. My stats are above their average also.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I was complete 7/14 and didnt get my II till feburary

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here today. Really liked the vibe from the students and the school in general. Let's see how it goes!

Reactions: 2 users
M2 here! I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the school!

Feel free to message me. To save everyone time, here are questions I don't know the answer to but people like to ask lol.
  • What's the post-II acceptance rate?
  • How many interviews are offered?
  • Will I get in with x MCAT and y GPA?

M2 here! I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the school!

Feel free to message me. To save everyone time, here are questions I don't know the answer to but people like to ask lol.
  • What's the post-II acceptance rate?
  • How many interviews are offered?
  • Will I get in with x MCAT and y GPA?
What are your favorite aspects about this school and why did you choose to go to SLU?

Reactions: 1 user
What are your favorite aspects about this school and why did you choose to go to SLU?

So far my favorite parts about SLU have been the professors that we've had. The professors are not only competent but are very approachable if you need to meet or anything. One of our professors commonly has office hours in the library where anyone can stop by and talk or whatever.

Most importantly, one way that SLU excels is its commitment to student wellness. There's a wellness learning community that plans everything from hikes, to rock climbing, to arts & crafts. There's a good social scene at the school. We get therapy dogs before big exams :) Also, there are multiple resources if you are having trouble with med school and they follow your grades to make sure you are doing alright. If they see you're having trouble the faculty will reach out and try to help. While we're on the topic of grades, its true pass/fail. I have never been less stressed over exams. It's unranked pre-clinical years so no one is out to get anyone else. People study in groups and help each other/ share resources on our facebook page.

In addition to everything else, I chose SLU (besides everything else )because during my interview day everyone seemed chill and not-stressed. Same went for the students I stayed with when interviewing. It showed me that the wellness thing was real and not just something they tried to prop up.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea what the interview day is like at SLU? I interview next Tuesday and haven't really heard much so I feel like I'm going in blind.

Does anyone have any idea what the interview day is like at SLU? I interview next Tuesday and haven't really heard much so I feel like I'm going in blind.
Just had mine yesterday. Super cool and laid back day. My interview was at 2 PM, so I didn't have to get there till 10:40 AM when the tour started. You meet up in the admissions office and chill with all the other interviewees. Some MS1's came into answer questions and there was a short presentation on the curriculum by the dean. Then you tour, and at the end of the tour you go to lunch with current med students. It was like 4 interviewees for 1 med student, so it's easy to get all your questions answered.

Lunch was done by around 12:50 and then you go back to the admissions office and there was a small financial aid presentation. After that you chill there until your interviewer comes and gets you. Some people had to go to a separate part of the campus though and they were given directions by the office. My interviewer was super cool and it was very laid back and conversational. PM me if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 9 users
Just had mine yesterday. Super cool and laid back day. My interview was at 2 PM, so I didn't have to get there till 10:40 AM when the tour started. You meet up in the admissions office and chill with all the other interviewees. Some MS1's came into answer questions and there was a short presentation on the curriculum by the dean. Then you tour, and at the end of the tour you go to lunch with current med students. It was like 4 interviewees for 1 med student, so it's easy to get all your questions answered.

Lunch was done by around 12:50 and then you go back to the admissions office and there was a small financial aid presentation. After that you chill there until your interviewer comes and gets you. Some people had to go to a separate part of the campus though and they were given directions by the office. My interviewer was super cool and it was very laid back and conversational. PM me if you have any other questions!

Is there a place to store your luggage?

Hi guys! New to SDN. I submitted my secondary and it was completed right at the end of July. Has anyone heard back from them that submitted after me? Thanks.

Hi guys! New to SDN. I submitted my secondary and it was completed right at the end of July. Has anyone heard back from them that submitted after me? Thanks.

I have submitted around the same time and still haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Current M1 here. The probation thing was never an issue for us. However, the probation was lifted today. SLU has been around longer than any school west of the Mississippi and have continued accreditation

Reactions: 6 users
For current students, how is the support from the administration? Do you seem like you care or just another paycheck?

For those that interviewed on 9/25, do you think we will hear back from them on the 15th?

For current students, how is the support from the administration? Do you seem like you care or just another paycheck?
It’s really good. They really care and are there if u need them. Very personal

II this morning (10/10). Submitted 7/10. Earliest dates were late November, Mondays and Tuesdays. Stats below, OOS, no connection to Saint Louis.

Current M1 here. The probation thing was never an issue for us. However, the probation was lifted today. SLU has been around longer than any school west of the Mississippi and have continued accreditation

Do you know what qualities they are looking for in MD candidates?

For those that interviewed on 9/25, do you think we will hear back from them on the 15th?
I interviewed a week after you, and they said our batch probably won't be hearing back on October 15, but they will get back to us within 3-6 weeks. Hope this helps and good luck!

II this morning, OOS and no ties, complete 7/21, LM ~74. When I checked this morning they had interviews available this coming week in October, as well as all throughout November.

What time will the interview day end? And does the school have student host options?

It depends on when your interview is. If you’re before lunch, you’re good to go after the tour is done at 1:00 pm.

What time will the interview day end? And does the school have student host options?

Yeah you can stay with a student host. I'd recommend it. It's a great way to find out about the school!

II! 10/10, LM 76, Complete mid-august
Is anyone going to the informal dinner the Sunday before our interview?

II! 10/10, LM 76, Complete mid-august
Is anyone going to the informal dinner the Sunday before our interview?

I recommend it- good way to ask questions about the school in an informal setting and get a feel for the current students- good time to ask what they think of curriculum, the city, who you are interviewing with, etc.

Congrats! Approximately, what dates were available to schedule interviews?

Whoops I meant to say complete mid-July
And I saw a couple for next week, and then for Early-late November. They hadn't opened up any dates past November yet so I think there's a bunch of interview dates still left!

II yesterday morning, complete 7/11. Super happy about them being removed from probation two days ago as well!

any recommendations for food and things to do for a quick interview trip?

Also got my first acceptance!! Can't even believe this is real!!! :bigtears:

Interviewed on 9/18

Reactions: 5 users