2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if/how they are going to change the curriculum? One of the students mentioned it to me but I didn’t get much details about it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know which days SLU interviews on? I know they do Monday and Tuesday, are those the only days of the week or do they do others as well?

Does SLU accept pre-II updates of Fall semester grades? If so, how should we send them?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, so I have an interview at another school in Missouri in January and I was kindve thinking about emailing SLU and asking them if they were considering me for an interview would it be possible to make it around this day because I live far away and travel is expensive. How receptive do you think they will be to this or should I just leave it alone?

Hello, so I have an interview at another school in Missouri in January and I was kindve thinking about emailing SLU and asking them if they were considering me for an interview would it be possible to make it around this day because I live far away and travel is expensive. How receptive do you think they will be to this or should I just leave it alone?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if accepted students need to send updated transcripts after fall semester grades are finalized, or do we just need to send a final transcript post-graduation in May?

This is so desperate, but I've got no II's and I'm quickly losing hope. I work at SLU, I already sent them an update letter about this but it seems not to have helped. Does anyone know any way to increase your chances of getting an II at the school you work for? I know I'm grasping at straws but I'm hoping there's some way I could leverage this to my advantage.

I know a lot of the attendings in the ED, they seem to like me well enough but then again they probably wouldn't say so if they didn't lol. Quite a number of them do residency interviews; however, I know at least one who does interviews for the med school, but I can't exactly say to him "hey Dr. Sir I want an II plz give me one" ya know?

Meridian, I've seen you post here and on reddit. I want you to know that we both went to the same undergrad and are in the same city now, and that I totally understand how much this cycle must hurt for you. I'm rooting for you!!! Even if you don't think you can directly ask these doctors for help landing an interview, a gentle "I did apply here, and was wondering if you felt comfortable telling me how I can improve myself or stand out better to adcom" will at least demonstrate that you care. And you're not asking for an outrageous favor at that stage, just a mild one. If they then offer more, you can always eagerly take it.

Reactions: 6 users
This is so desperate, but I've got no II's and I'm quickly losing hope. I work at SLU, I already sent them an update letter about this but it seems not to have helped. Does anyone know any way to increase your chances of getting an II at the school you work for? I know I'm grasping at straws but I'm hoping there's some way I could leverage this to my advantage.

I know a lot of the attendings in the ED, they seem to like me well enough but then again they probably wouldn't say so if they didn't lol. Quite a number of them do residency interviews; however, I know at least one who does interviews for the med school, but I can't exactly say to him "hey Dr. Sir I want an II plz give me one" ya know?

You can ask SLU if they will accept additional LORs. It is not uncommon for schools to do so. If you believe the attendings in the SLU ER like you, you could ask them to write a letter for you. It might hold some weight. Especially, if you can get the attending who does med school interviews. Make sure SLU will accept the letter before you ask people though.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if accepted students need to send updated transcripts after fall semester grades are finalized, or do we just need to send a final transcript post-graduation in May?

I called about this. You only have to send a final transcript in May

Reactions: 2 users
Are they done with interviews/interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know whether there is a FB group for accepted students yet?

anyone know whether there is a FB group for accepted students yet?

I've been wondering this same thing - I posted about it like 3 weeks ago and no one had any answers. Some of my friends who are going to different medical schools have groups already made so hopefully ours will come soon?

I've been wondering this same thing - I posted about it like 3 weeks ago and no one had any answers. Some of my friends who are going to different medical schools have groups already made so hopefully ours will come soon?

I checked the 2017 - 2018 thread, and the Class of 2022 FB page was made on Feb 15, 2018. We probably have to wait two more months...?

Accepted (12/20)! LM ~70

Also... is anyone having difficulty logging in with their SLU Net ID to pay the deposit? I called ITS and they said to wait because my account isn't in the system yet even though I received the email to register. But the deposit must be paid within two weeks and the holiday season is approaching. I wasn't sure how long I need to wait for the system to register my account

Last edited:
I checked the 2017 - 2018 thread, and the Class of 2022 FB page was made on Feb 15, 2018. We probably have to wait two more months...?

Accepted (12/21)! LM ~70

Also... is anyone having difficulty logging in with their SLU Net ID to pay the deposit? I called ITS and they said to wait because my account isn't in the system yet even though I received the email to register. But the deposit must be paid within two weeks and the holiday season is approaching. I wasn't sure how long I need to wait for the system to register my account

Congratulations! (Im)patiently waiting for news from my interview, and I was wondering when you interviewed. Happy Holidays!

Are they done with interviews/interview invites?
Last year they were inviting people for interviews through mid-February at least (according to the 2017-2018 cycle sdn thread).

Fingers crossed for both of us.

Yeah I called them too and they said it’ll take 5 business days to set up our accounts so I’m hoping end of next week? If I can’t pay by next week I might email admissions and see what they suggest

Accepted (12/20)! LM ~70

Congratulations! (Im)patiently waiting for news from my interview, and I was wondering when you interviewed. Happy Holidays!

Thank you!! :happy: My interview was in mid-November. Admissions told us on interview day to expect a 4 - 6 week wait, and this was true for my case as I got the news over 5 weeks later. Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Hi! I tried emailing admissions but the office is closed till after New Years. Does anyone know which password you use for logging into SLUNET to pay the deposit? I have my slunet ID but every password I try to use to log in doesnt work...In the email with my SLUNET ID it didnt include a password, just a banner number.

Hi! I tried emailing admissions but the office is closed till after New Years. Does anyone know which password you use for logging into SLUNET to pay the deposit? I have my slunet ID but every password I try to use to log in doesnt work...In the email with my SLUNET ID it didnt include a password, just a banner number.
@confused2266

My issue of not being able to log into SLU portal was just resolved!! :soexcited:Essentially you have to do a password reset. Call ITS services (314-977-4000) and tell them the situation and that the deposit must be paid within two weeks (time crunch!). They'll create a ticket for you under your phone number and an alternate email, because it's holiday season. Someone should call you and guide you through the steps :) Pick up calls from weird phone numbers, because I received a call from a number that suggested it was from a state other than Missouri

Last edited:
for anyone having trouble setting up their account, I found this on their website. After you login, you have to call the IT number for them to give you a verification number

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 5.04.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 5.04.40 PM.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 98
Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from a mid/late November interview?

Anyone know when we're supposed to hear back from a mid/late November interview?

I interviewed in mid-November and heard back in mid-December. But I heard that sometimes they let November interviewees know in January, according to a Med student I talked to on interview day

I don't think anyone from the last two weeks of November interviews has heard back yet (weeks of 11/19 and 11/26) since I haven't seen anything from those people on this thread. @Golden_Caramel probably interviewed the week before that and it seems like that's the last week they finished before break. I'm guessing that for the later half of November interviews we will hopefully hear tomorrow as its about weeks out 6 now?

Interviewered first week of Nov and no word yet.

Does anyone know if they accept ITA letters? I have an interview at Wash U in February and would love to be considered at SLU as well!

Does anyone know if they accept ITA letters? I have an interview at Wash U in February and would love to be considered at SLU as well!
I believe they do, iirc a girl I interviewed with told me she had an interview at Wash U and sent an ITA to be able to have SLU the day after

I believe they do, iirc a girl I interviewed with told me she had an interview at Wash U and sent an ITA to be able to have SLU the day after

I looked at my portal and they had this in the Details about the Application Process section, so it definitely seems they are receptive. Thanks for your help though, it encouraged me to investigate further!

INTERVIEW

Applicants are carefully selected for an interview with a member of the Committee. This allows you to visit with students and faculty and tour the School of Medicine. When you are selected for interview you will receive instructions by e-mail. If you are planning to be in the St. Louis area, we encourage you to e-mail the Office of Admissions to enquire if you have been selected for an interview. Please anticipate your planned travel by at least three weeks.

When is the official start time for the interview day at SLU?

When is the official start time for the interview day at SLU?

It depends. If your interview occurs before the tour and lunch, then the start of your day will be your interview time. If your interview is after lunch, I believe that the day starts at 10:40 am.

just withdrew my application hopefully my II goes to you one of you guys

Lol literally received my interview invite here today as I was leaving to go home from the other school I interviewed at in Missouri.

I’ve read that SLU lacks a lot research opportunities for med students to get involved in, in spite of having so many different academic departments. Can someone confirm or discuss this in more detail?

I believe that they are completing a new research building.

Last edited:
Accepted! Interviewed Nov, before thanksgiving

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist. Interviewed 11/20. Stats in sig.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Accepted by email, interviewed 11/19

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today, interviewed 11/19.

I’ve read that SLU lacks a lot research opportunities for med students to get involved in, in spite of having so many different academic departments. Can someone confirm or discuss this in more detail?

In comparison to some schools, less opportunities to just "hop on" big-time projects that faculty are working at, and probably fewer paid research positions/fellowships. That being said, as someone only mildly into research I have a pretty decent manuscript under review and some other projects. People do match into specialties such as derm, rad onc, ortho that traditionally require higher volumes of research.

Overall I expect faculty recruitment to improve with the new hospital, leading to more research opportunities, but hard to say the timeline for that, and of course it's just my opinion and not based on any data.

how is the interview here? what type of questions do they ask? is it open/closed file? those of you that have have been accepted what is something that I should prepare for before the interview day?