Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by Lucca, Apr 21, 2018.

1. highway31

Pre-Medical
    Accepted by email, interviewed 11/19

71ubpmk, cjshin3 and CAFFEINE! like this.
  2. cjshin3

Accepted today, interviewed 11/19.

71ubpmk, highway31 and CAFFEINE! like this.
  3. hydroxyurea

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    In comparison to some schools, less opportunities to just "hop on" big-time projects that faculty are working at, and probably fewer paid research positions/fellowships. That being said, as someone only mildly into research I have a pretty decent manuscript under review and some other projects. People do match into specialties such as derm, rad onc, ortho that traditionally require higher volumes of research.

Overall I expect faculty recruitment to improve with the new hospital, leading to more research opportunities, but hard to say the timeline for that, and of course it's just my opinion and not based on any data.

4. premed_mamba

how is the interview here? what type of questions do they ask? is it open/closed file? those of you that have have been accepted what is something that I should prepare for before the interview day?

5. FluteScrubs101

Pre-Medical
    i thought the interview was mostly conversational; talked mostly about my experiences on AMCAS. i didn't get any ethical questions or anything too hard. i believe it's open file, since my interviewer commented on my academic record and knew my experiences i was referencing during my interview. hope this helps!

johnnymollman likes this.
  6. foodholic

Anyone interviewed on 11/20 (or around that time) and not hear back yet?

7. serenitym15

does slu release interview decisions on fridays?

8. SuccessfulCycle

I interviewed on 11/20 and still haven't heard back

9. LuckyBill2023

Hey guys,

If anyone has already decided they’re going to SLU, I’m currently looking for a third roommate for a rental right by the med school (walking distance). It’s a 3 bedroom apt. Pretty much the only requirements are no pets, we’re both super tidy, and we aren’t huge party animals either. If anyone’s interested shoot me a message!!