2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im going to submit an update and a new LOR, any idea when they're scheduling interviews right now's?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Let them know you have a new LOR because Im submitting a new one too and one of the schools said they dont get a notification when those are uploaded.

Members don't see this ad.

Let them know you have a new LOR because Im submitting a new one too and one of the schools said they dont get a notification when those are uploaded.
Thanks for the heads up!

Im going to submit an update and a new LOR, any idea when they're scheduling interviews right now's?

How are you submitting the update? I can't seem to find any information about this on their portal/website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe a neurotic question, but people who are sending updates - are you writing your updates in the body of the email or attaching a pdf, etc?

Maybe a neurotic question, but people who are sending updates - are you writing your updates in the body of the email or attaching a pdf, etc?

I just sent and updated and attached as a PDF. In the email, I just said I was providing an updated.

Out of curiosity, could anybody comment on the likelihood of getting off the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon, LM70, OOS. Notably sent one update per month over the last 3 months along with a fresh LOR yesterday morning. My guess is that the new info really does make a difference!

Edit: Complete 08/08/18

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Lord of the heavens and the Earth.... please give me an II here :help:

Reactions: 4 users
Out of curiosity, could anybody comment on the likelihood of getting off the alternate list?

My advisor, who basically specializes in getting kids into Jeff (I think she's at something ridiculous like well over 100 kids in now over her career), was really annoyed I got put on that list. Her response to me was literally "forget about Jeff" and that I should focus on other schools. I'd call it dude. Maybe send in updates, but I'm not holding out hope :/.

My advisor, who basically specializes in getting kids into Jeff (I think she's at something ridiculous like well over 100 kids in now over her career), was really annoyed I got put on that list. Her response to me was literally "forget about Jeff" and that I should focus on other schools. I'd call it dude. Maybe send in updates, but I'm not holding out hope :/.
Traditionally Jeff starts to take people off of the high priority waitlist first and then goes to the alternate list. However, very rarely do they get all the way through the priority waitlist. I would send updates and just hope for the best. Good luck!

Idk, this cycle has been a bit brutal, but it doesn't cost anything to hold out hope, that's for sure. Everything's telling me it won't work out, but might as well try. If I get in, I'll definitely go, but I'm not sure how I feel about going to a school that put me on what's effectively their "low-priority" waitlist.

Eh yeah, that's my thoughts. The tuition/prestige of the school doesn't make it worth it over my state school anyway even though I like the institution more in general. I feel like I'd have to send a letter of intent for any realistic chance, but I sent one to a T20 closer to home where I had a better interview so I'd rather hedge my bets there.

Thanks for the feedback and hope you are one of the lucky few though :)

Eh yeah, that's my thoughts. The tuition/prestige of the school doesn't make it worth it over my state school anyway even though I like the institution more in general. I feel like I'd have to send a letter of intent for any realistic chance, but I sent one to a T20 closer to home where I had a better interview so I'd rather hedge my bets there.

Thanks for the feedback and hope you are one of the lucky few though :)

Thank you! I appreciate the support :). Good luck at your T20 dude--that'd be great. Jeff isn't the "best" school I'm waiting on either, but it's still my top choice mainly because my "better" schools are in the deep south or in flyover states which is...ehhhh. Would much rather be in Philly haha. Best of luck!

Thank you! I appreciate the support :). Good luck at your T20 dude--that'd be great. Jeff isn't the "best" school I'm waiting on either, but it's still my top choice mainly because my "better" schools are in the deep south or in flyover states which is...ehhhh. Would much rather be in Philly haha. Best of luck!

As a southerner that wanted to head north, I totally get what you mean about Jeff versus a "better" school. Philly and Jeff are awesome! Don't discount some of the southern schools though, the people and weather down here can really be great if you give it a chance

For the preclinical years, is Jeff true P/F? Or ranked?

For the preclinical years, is Jeff true P/F? Or ranked?
Technically it’s P/F but certain grades contribute to your rank at the start of 4th year. Your rank is top third, middle third, or bottom third.

II this afternoon, LM70, OOS. Notably sent one update per month over the last 3 months along with a fresh LOR yesterday morning. My guess is that the new info really does make a difference!
I have done basically the same thing (but I did 3 in like a month and a half cuz one was just to tell them of a pub). Did you call them to tell them you uploaded a LOR? I added one recently and was told sometimes they don’t get notified when ones added

Is it possible for the high-priority waitlist to move before traffic day?

How did they respond to it besides the automatic reply email SKMC gives?

They gave me the automated, and then a couple days later they sent a personalized email saying my ITA has been added to their file. The next day I received an II - complete Mid Oct, OOS (Canadian)

Is it possible for the high-priority waitlist to move before traffic day?
Dr. C said it usually doesn't move until traffic day, but a few people have been accepted from the HPWL before then in the past.

Reactions: 1 user
I see some get Accepted after one week, what is the average wait time for decisions? and is it every Wednesday, cause last Wednesday there didnt seem to be any?

I see some get Accepted after one week, what is the average wait time for decisions? and is it every Wednesday, cause last Wednesday there didnt seem to be any?

It ranges anywhere between 1-6weeks, with 2-3 weeks being the average I'd say. Calls/emails typically go out on Wednesdays. However, I can't speak as to whether that's every Wednesday or not. Also, just because there may be silence on SDN on a given Wednesday, it doesn't mean that people haven't heard back on that day. Believe it or not, not every premed is on SDN ;)

Congrats! Complete date?

It ranges anywhere between 1-6weeks, with 2-3 weeks being the average I'd say. Calls/emails typically go out on Wednesdays. However, I can't speak as to whether that's every Wednesday or not. Also, just because there may be silence on SDN on a given Wednesday, it doesn't mean that people haven't heard back on that day. Believe it or not, not every premed is on SDN ;)
I understand that... But was weird not one person last week said anything..

Where did you get this from lol

I SWEAR I saw it in an article that someone posted somewhere. Basically the way they stratify applicants is heavily based on your MCAT. I am trying really hard to find if but just can’t.

I SWEAR I saw it in an article that someone posted somewhere. Basically the way they stratify applicants is heavily based on your MCAT. I am trying really hard to find if but just can’t.

If they do they’re well below like 500 right now. That is not my score but I received an II forever ago and my MCAT wasnt that great. LOL i dont think you have legit info

I think that the higher MCAT applicants got the "under review" tab on the portal first, then in october-ish they gave the rest of us that tab on the portal. So, I think it was more of a 517< tier and <517 tier, rather than them moving numerically from the 515 group then to the 514 group.

Awesome! Mind if I ask MCAT score? Just cause that’s the order that SKMC goes by.
Uhhh so technically my only valid score for them is 516+ but I have two other scores on file that are ~507-510 range so I have no idea how I got filtered if at all

I have done basically the same thing (but I did 3 in like a month and a half cuz one was just to tell them of a pub). Did you call them to tell them you uploaded a LOR? I added one recently and was told sometimes they don’t get notified when ones added
I called them to ask if they accepted any more LORs since I had a volunteer-related one that I thought would have been appropriate as a bonus letter for TJ. This wasn't a new letter though -it was already uploaded to AMCAS since the summer so I just sent it over.

Got an II the very next day

I called them to ask if they accepted any more LORs since I had a volunteer-related one that I thought would have been appropriate as a bonus letter for TJ. This wasn't a new letter though -it was already uploaded to AMCAS since the summer so I just sent it over.

Thats basically me. Sent a new LOR from my volunteering but it was added recently and apparently not uploaded to TJ yet.

did you upload through AMCAS first and then call to make sure they got it? or where did you send it

I have a 521and havent heard from them so I ki d of doubt this

Reactions: 5 users