Oct 22, 2018
Was hoping there might be some HPWL movement today but it looks like there wasn't.. Back to waiting and hoping that enough people turn down their acceptances and I can get in because SKMC is my top choice.

Jan 16, 2019
Interviewed March 27, got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago. Top choice!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread I’ve silently relied on for support!

Portal and amcas account both have not updated yet, not sure if they’ll update today. Anyone know when to expect the update?

Sep 28, 2018
From what I have seen, if you interviewed you were either accepted or placed on HPWL. Does anyone know if there is much movement from the HPWL? I assume that will not happen until after April 30 when everyone has decided their final school for AMCAS. Can anyone comment on waitlist movement? thanks
Congrats to those accepted!

Mar 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
From past threads, it seems like there isn't a lot of movement until people have to decide on one school.

Looks like most of the people who heard back today got accepted (judging by SDN). Guess they didn't like my interview :(

Jan 4, 2019
Could anyone who has been accepted PM me with second look details please?

Accepted today and trying to see if I can RSVP and drive up for it tomorrow lol

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018
Interviewed March 27, got the acceptance call a little over an hour ago. Top choice!!! Thanks to everyone on this thread I’ve silently relied on for support!

Portal and amcas account both have not updated yet, not sure if they’ll update today. Anyone know when to expect the update?
Same here, no portal update yet!

Reactions: zajediknight42
Oct 30, 2018
Does anyone remember when Dr. Callahan said we could see the update? I think she said in a day or two but I might be wrong.

Apr 23, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is there anyone here I can reach out to regarding their financial aid packages at Jeff? I'm on the HPWL and would like an idea of my potential COA at Jeff especially since I've been accepted elsewhere now

Reactions: Ninanana
Mar 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
+1, my aid here was a lot worse than another school's and they would not budge
I've always heard med school described as a seller's market. They have other equally qualified students who would we willing to attend with the same amount of aid so they have no incentive to bump it up. Good luck at your chosen med school!!

Reactions: mysonadoctor

introp445

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I've always heard med school described as a seller's market. They have other equally qualified students who would we willing to attend with the same amount of aid so they have no incentive to bump it up. Good luck at your chosen med school!!
This is so true. Everyone on the waitlist is just as qualified and will take your spot regardless of aid.

Jul 24, 2018
What's the general consensus on living in Martin Hall? I'm moving from pretty far and don't own any furniture so I was thinking it might be a decent stop-gap for M1, but I haven't heard of anyone planning on living there yet

introp445

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
What's the general consensus on living in Martin Hall? I'm moving from pretty far and don't own any furniture so I was thinking it might be a decent stop-gap for M1, but I haven't heard of anyone planning on living there yet
Not sure if cost is an issue for you, but lots of friends in the area say you can find much cheaper options for studios/1 bedrooms than the Jeff on campus stuff

introp445

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
For those accepted, I paid my deposit and put in my social. What is the next steps, do you get an email or something?

runnindude

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
So excited to be joining many of you next year! I was accepted the day before second look and so didn't get to go. Is there an accepted students FB page or something? I'd love to soak up as much info as possible!

Lei777

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student
So excited to be joining many of you next year! I was accepted the day before second look and so didn't get to go. Is there an accepted students FB page or something? I'd love to soak up as much info as possible!

Congrats! If you check the "accepted students" page on the Jeff website and scroll to the bottom, there are instructions on how to join it

Reactions: runnindude
Aug 14, 2018
Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into medical school. For those of you who choose to attend Jeff, if you end up half as happy as my son, you will will have an incredible experience. Even though he had a couple of "dream schools", as he said after being at Jeff for less than two months, "I wouldn't trade being here for anything." The best to all of you as you embark on your great careers.

Lei777

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted into medical school. For those of you who choose to attend Jeff, if you end up half as happy as my son, you will will have an incredible experience. Even though he had a couple of "dream schools", as he said after being at Jeff for less than two months, "I wouldn't trade being here for anything." The best to all of you as you embark on your great careers.

Couldnt agree more! Love it here

Lei777

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know if Microsoft Office is provided or discounted for students?
As far as I know, it was originally provided, but half way through the year they cancelled it and it angered alot of students. Not sure if this response caused them to give it back or not

Jul 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
As far as I know, it was originally provided, but half way through the year they cancelled it and it angered alot of students. Not sure if this response caused them to give it back or not
Thats a bummer but thank you for the response

Dec 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Do we know if some people on the HPWL will hear back today?
Keep in mind this year has new aamc rules about how to handle acceptances and what not so how schools conduct themselves is gonna be totally different than years prior

Jan 3, 2019
put on the HPWL and submitted a letter of intent back in March. From Philly and Jeff is my hands number 1.

Any thoughts if waitlist starts moving immediately tomorrow, or if it’ll take a few weeks?

Dec 27, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
put on the HPWL and submitted a letter of intent back in March. From Philly and Jeff is my hands number 1.

Any thoughts if waitlist starts moving immediately tomorrow, or if it’ll take a few weeks?
My family friend got in on May 1st, but that was a number of years ago, can't imagine it'll be too different though-- even with the aamc changes.

Reactions: greenglassdoor