2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the encouragement. Do you by any chance remember you son's stats?
Best of my recollection, around a 3.72. or 3.73, 510, and a doctorate degree

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the II fellas! I was complete 7/16 and still haven't heard back. Still a little hopeful since I don't have the "interview not offered", but it's not looking good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the II fellas! I was complete 7/16 and still haven't heard back. Still a little hopeful since I don't have the "interview not offered", but it's not looking good.

I was complete in mid-July when I applied. I didn't receive my II until December and am now a student here. Patient is a virtue for this school given how many apps they receive

Reactions: 11 users
@Chip1 If I don't have a physics letter, what would be an appropriate way to discuss this in the secondary? The FAQs say to address this in the additional information section. Is it sufficient to simply say something along the lines of 'I don't have a physics letter because I took one physics class and I don't feel the professor would say anything different from my 3 other letter writers?" I don't want to come across as being lazy or something. Thanks!

Anybody else gonna be interviewing on Halloween?

@Chip1 If I don't have a physics letter, what would be an appropriate way to discuss this in the secondary? The FAQs say to address this in the additional information section. Is it sufficient to simply say something along the lines of 'I don't have a physics letter because I took one physics class and I don't feel the professor would say anything different from my 3 other letter writers?" I don't want to come across as being lazy or something. Thanks!

The 1 chem, 1 bio, 1 physics LoR is just a recommendation. I surely didn't send one of each, and I got an II

Reactions: 1 user
The 1 chem, 1 bio, 1 physics LoR is just a recommendation. I surely didn't send one of each, and I got an II

That's good to hear. Did you end up mentioning that fact at all, or did you just send them what you had and not say anything about it?

Ditto, and did not address it at all or call the

EDIT: I only had bio and did not have physics or chem. I’ve been complete for almost 2 months and just got the II today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's good to hear. Did you end up mentioning that fact at all, or did you just send them what you had and not say anything about it?
Yeah I agree with others. I do not think there is a specific need to mention the letters. If you want to talk about the letters you do have and why you asked whomever you asked for them, then that is also an option.

Yeah I agree with others. I do not think there is a specific need to mention the letters. If you want to talk about the letters you do have and why you asked whomever you asked for them, then that is also an option.

Yea I think you and the other guys are right. I'm just not going to say anything about them

I am the only one whose heart skipped a beat when looking at the communication status, and seeing the word "Invitation," only to be disappointed after reading that it actually says "Supplemental Invitation." Hahahaha.

I am the only one whose heart skipped a beat when looking at the communication status, and seeing the word "Invitation," only to be disappointed after reading that it actually says "Supplemental Invitation." Hahahaha.
I hate what the application process does to me. I've been "invited" to apply to so many SMP's I might pull my hair out lol. Or last cycle when I was invited to join NYU's twitter chat....

I hate what the application process does to me. I've been "invited" to apply to so many SMP's I might pull my hair out lol. Or last cycle when I was invited to join NYU's twitter chat....

Oh man - such a tease. Some schools are so awful in those emails. Some actually title the emails as "Medical School Invitation." Dear lord.

Anyone else interviewing on 10/3? Myself and 2 other students from my alma mater will be there on that date.

II 30 mins ago.

cGPA: 3.97
sGPA: 3.93

Submitted: 7/28/18

Interview Dates Available: December 12th and 19th.

Reactions: 4 users
II 30 mins ago.

cGPA: 3.97
sGPA: 3.93

Submitted: 7/28/18

Interview Dates Available: December 12th and 19th.

Wow that is a fast moving cycle, already scheduling through december! thanks and congrats!!

Anyone having difficulty accessing the portal? I'm getting an error message

Does this school send emails for interview invites like most schools? Or do you have to check the portal?

What are the schools that only update the portal and usually do not send out emails for interviews?

Reactions: 3 users
worthwhile sending an in the area email here?

Does anyone know if Jefferson accepts update letters and if so how do we send them? The only thing I can find is on the FAQ, & it just says "Changes to your application can only be submitted in writing. No online changes can occur."

Does anyone know if Jefferson accepts update letters and if so how do we send them? The only thing I can find is on the FAQ, & it just says "Changes to your application can only be submitted in writing. No online changes can occur."
They do take correspondences by email!

II!! Absolutely stoked about this one! First available date was November 28th.

Reactions: 3 users
Don’t lose hope guys, I interviewed on the very last available day in April (so did a few of my current MS1 classmates) and Dr Callahan was sure to let us know there were still spots available in the class even though it was so late.