2018-2019 Southern Illinois University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully fortune smiles upon us all today. In the meantime, the waiting game is killing me.
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
My battery on my phone went from 80% to 15% in like 2 hours just from refreshing my SDN and my email...

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhh, we completely sure they’re going out today?

Reactions: 1 users
Well... shoot. Y’all want to play UNO or something while we wait?

Just called and they said they're going to send them out sometime next week :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the confusion, I emailed admissions on Monday about when AWPA letters will be sent out and they said they will be sent out via mail on Tuesday (March 4). I haven't been put on AWPA yet since I interviewed January 28, so the letters that are sent out via mail are only for AWPA letters. I believe the official acceptance will be sent to you by email

Just called and they said they're going to send them out sometime next week :(
Was this for acceptance emails or for the AWPA mail letters too? Refer to my post below for what admissions told me on monday.

So they must've thrown me through a loop because I just got the acceptance email this morning...!!! :)

I received an acceptance via email about an hour ago! Best of luck to everyone!! Hopeful to see you all in the Fall!

I talked to the Admissions office yesterday. I was told some acceptances would also be sent out early next week. Congratulations to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

I talked to the Admissions office yesterday. I was told some acceptances would also be sent out early next week. Congratulations to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

I just emailed Terra from admissions an hour ago and she said the final “official” batch was sent today. But I’m sure there will be some movement and other acceptances sent out later on.

Accepted via email this morning!! See you guys in the fall, best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
I just emailed Terra from admissions an hour ago and she said the final “official” batch was sent today. But I’m sure there will be some movement and other acceptances sent out later on.
Did they send all acceptance ? Now it would it would be rolling admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
To those who were accepted today:

Any chance you might share your stats? I understand it’s only one part of what comprises an applicant, but its the least identifying part. Just hoping for an idea of where I might fall on the AWPA list, so I might get my affairs in order.

Either way, congratulations!

So do we know for certain that all acceptances went out yesterday via email? I hate that we’re all so tied up in the not knowing phase. As if there’s not enough to be stressed about. Congrats to everyone that received acceptance, hope we can all join you soon!!

So do we know for certain that all acceptances went out yesterday via email? I hate that we’re all so tied up in the not knowing phase. As if there’s not enough to be stressed about. Congrats to everyone that received acceptance, hope we can all join you soon!!

Admissions told me that their last “official” batch was out. That doesn’t mean that those who got waitlisted or whatever won’t get a seat later on. I’m sure they’ll “sprinkle” some other acceptances before class starts.

I don’t think anyone really 100% knows for sure, we think they’re done and then not, letters are coming and not, the emails come. And then there’s the AWPA lists. We shall see!

Yes good luck everybody! We are here for your support and guidance through this process :D
So I’m on the AWPA list. And did not get an accept last week. Am I to assume it’s over for me or is there really any true chance of getting in still? So many different ideas about when final letters, emails went out. And the ones offered a seat, by when will then defer or accept? Thanks! We’re all on needles and pins still.

So I’m on the AWPA list. And did not get an accept last week. Am I to assume it’s over for me or is there really any true chance of getting in still? So many different ideas about when final letters, emails went out. And the ones offered a seat, by when will then defer or accept? Thanks! We’re all on needles and pins still.

I'm in the same boat. I think it just all depends on how many of the currently accepted people actually attend the school. People on other threads are saying that the movement will most likely not come until after April 30th when people have to narrow it down to only one school

I'm in the same boat. I think it just all depends on how many of the currently accepted people actually attend the school. People on other threads are saying that the movement will most likely not come until after April 30th when people have to narrow it down to only one school
Good luck. This IS the school for me. I keep saying my prayers for SIU’

Does SIU accept updates? and if so if anyone has the email that would be greatly appreciated

These questions have been answered previously if you refer to prior responses in this thread. Best of luck!

Does SIU accept updates? and if so if anyone has the email that would be greatly appreciated

So from what I've seen on this thread the answer is pretty much no. No matter what you do it won't change your spot on the list. But I didn't verify any of this. This is just what I've gotten from this forum

M1 here. Congratulations to all those accepted and to those still AWPA, historically, there is movement up until May/June, though it does vary year to year so hang in there. If anyone has any questions about this process or the curriculum, please let me know.

Last edited:
I just received a letter from SIU confirming what we all know. All acceptances have been sent out. If an accepted student declines admission, then the next person on the AWPA list will be offered a spot to fill the vacancy. It’s nice to finally hear back confirming this after months of radio silence.

M1 here. Congratulations to all those accepted and to those still AWPA, historically, there is movement up until May/June, though it does vary year to year so hang in there. If anyone has any questions about this process or the curriculum, please let me know.
Thanks, do you know how many AWAPs moved last year ? How many acceptance send after initial 75?

Last edited:
I just received a letter from SIU confirming what we all know. All acceptances have been sent out. If an accepted student declines admission, then the next person on the AWPA list will be offered a spot to fill the vacancy. It’s nice to finally hear back confirming this after months of radio silence.
got it as well. heartbroken but still hopeful

I apologize for the late reply (The M2s on this thread are currently in the midst of Step 1 preparation. Thank you @CometChaser for your contribution). Definitely do not give up hope for those still waiting to hear a response. I would say that this part of the admissions cycle can be pretty much summed up with "It is not over UNTIL it is over." Historically, 80-90% of AWPA gets pulled. However, that includes those who got in after the April 30th (end of April) traffic date. Probably people in the first batch will hold onto their seats until the traffic deadline especially since the down payment is only $100. There should be a decent chunk of movement after the deadline and then sprinkles of movement until July since applicants will get off of other school's waitlists. But also I do not know the exact details of how competitive this cycle is. A good thing to do at the moment is to create a backup plan just in case. If the final decision ends up being a "no" then I would highly recommend reaching out to the admissions office and see what part of the application was lacking. They are very receptive towards those reaching out for feedback and if you do what they say then that would work in your favor. If you have anymore questions I will try my best to answer them!

Anyone get in off of or know of someone getting in off the AWPA list yet? (post final batch of acceptances)

Anyone get in off of or know of someone getting in off the AWPA list yet? (post final batch of acceptances)
I would like to know as well. This wait is a killer lol. Checking my email 40 times a day looking for that acceptance!