2018-2019 Stanford University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no R so still holding out hope for that II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
On my interview day they said decisions would be released “by March” but that there were still three decision dates. I interviewed in October
Oh, I dunno then. I interviewed at the end of November so maybe by that date they anticipated all forthcoming decisions to be sent on the last day. Or I just misunderstood :p

For those who have already interviewed: approx what time does the interview day start? I know they say to arrive the night before, but how necessary is this? I'll be coming from berkeley/oakland area and wondering if I can swing driving in the morning of.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already interviewed: approx what time does the interview day start? I know they say to arrive the night before, but how necessary is this? I'll be coming from berkeley/oakland area and wondering if I can swing driving in the morning of.
I don't know the time, but being from the area I doubt it's worth risking morning rush hour traffic, especially since you have to cross the bridge and that can get gnarly.

I don't know the time, but being from the area I doubt it's worth risking morning rush hour traffic, especially since you have to cross the bridge and that can get gnarly.
My interview day started at like 7am and I stayed somewhere about 15 mins away. There was no traffic at all!

9/23 submitter, still holding out :/

Worth a pre-II email?

Reactions: 1 users
9/23 submitter, still holding out :/

Worth a pre-II email?

Also submitted late September! I think they're just getting to the September applicants because someone who submitted in mid-September got an interview last week. Holding out hope until the end of January!

Do you guys have any advice on how to prepare for this interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm probably just being paranoid right now, but we only need to bring our AMCAS ID number for the interview right? The wording of the email makes it seem like we need a physical AMCAS ID card.

I'm probably just being paranoid right now, but we only need to bring our AMCAS ID number for the interview right? The wording of the email makes it seem like we need a physical AMCAS ID card.

I haven't received an interview here but I've never heard of a physical amcas ID. Just have your number handy and bring some form of identification like a driver's license or passport just to be safe.

Right, there's no physical card. You just need to know your AMCAS ID for their MMI sign-in procedure. Good luck!

Any MSTP interviewees know if they will be doing Jan acceptances this cycle as in those past or all in March?
At my interview, they told us as a group (together with MD-only applicants) that we would hear "by March," but they were just as vague during the MSTP orientation on the non-MMI day. I had gotten the impression that they weren't planning on sending all decisions on one go, though. So, basically, I am of zero help to you with your question and I'm not sure why I tried to answer :laugh:

At my interview, they told us as a group (together with MD-only applicants) that we would hear "by March," but they were just as vague during the MSTP orientation on the non-MMI day. I had gotten the impression that they weren't planning on sending all decisions on one go, though. So, basically, I am of zero help to you with your question and I'm not sure why I tried to answer :laugh:
At least I’m not the only one in the dark

Just got II :). C: End of August. They had 1/23 and 1/31 dates open. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear good news!

Reactions: 9 users
II about 45 mins ago, Complete early September

Reactions: 7 users
International Applicant, received II today.

Any insight on financial aid for international students?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if Stanford is offering February interview dates this year? Thank you in advance :)

Are these probably the last set of interviews going out yesterday and today?

Are these probably the last set of interviews going out yesterday and today?
I think from last year's thread the last anyone posted of an II was 1/11. I am also holding onto hope that those who applied to KH who did not get an II yet might get one around the time KH finalists are announced (1/15).

damn complete end of august and nothing, just reject me then stanford! tired of the false hope lol

Reactions: 8 users
I completed mid September... silence ever since. I so far I’ve avoided every R wave. Anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I completed mid September... silence ever since. I so far I’ve avoided every R wave. Anyone else in the same boat?

Completed early August. Rejected from MSTP and kicked over to MD, where I've only gotten silence.

damn complete end of august and nothing, just reject me then stanford! tired of the false hope lol
Stanford's website says that apps are "reviewed and invitations to interview are sent out" from July to March, so I think we should hold out hope until the end of February

Does anyone know the three decision release dates?

Does Stanford not accept ANY updates pre-II whatsoever?

Would any brave soul like to volunteer themselves as tribute and call the adcom office asking when admissions decisions will be released?

It seems that it's either all in March or in batches starting mid-January.

apologies if this has been asked, but did anyone receive confirmation after confirming your interview with Stanford?

Can someone comment on the MMI structure here? Not the exact questions but like if they use actors and if there are group stations, regular interview stations, etc. Thanks in advance!

apologies if this has been asked, but did anyone receive confirmation after confirming your interview with Stanford?
congrats on the interview invite! If you don't mind saying, when did you receive the II and when were you complete? Just trying to gage where they are in the apps. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
So are there still people who haven’t heard back yet

Reactions: 14 users
II just now!! Over the moon for this one. KHSP applicant, my interview was auto-scheduled for the same weekend as they are interviewing finalists so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Reactions: 12 users
II just now!! Over the moon for this one. KHSP applicant, my interview was auto-scheduled for the same weekend as they are interviewing finalists so I'm hoping that's a good sign.
Congratulations! When were you complete? Also, is your interview in January or February?

Sometime in August I think? Interview in Feb.
Thanks for the info, and good luck! I wonder if that date was auto-scheduled because it might be the last interview date of the season or if it was related to KHSP as you suggested

Hi, does anybody know how to submit a letter of recommendation as an update? This would be from my current manager speaking about a project we have been working on.