Oct 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Creeped and found a "Stanford School of Medicine Entering Class of 2019" on facebook... anyone in there, or know if we can join? Sans official email, and trying to make it offish somehow :nailbiting:

LACMA

5+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed in early october... do you guys think they already admitted all the earlier interviewers?

Reactions: anonymous94

esentr

2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Confused and frustrated that I haven't been rejected pre II. I can't imagine there are any interview seats left, and even if I got one I don't stand a chance as a low stat applicant this late in the cycle. Set me free, Stanford!

Jan 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Confused and frustrated that I haven't been rejected pre II. I can't imagine there are any interview seats left, and even if I got one I don't stand a chance as a low stat applicant this late in the cycle. Set me free, Stanford!
You don't really mean that. What you are indirectly saying is "please give me an interview this late in the cycle". Let's be honest here, getting a pre-interview rejection would suck at this point and by avoiding the recent waves of rejection means the admission committee deems you worthy of matriculation.

esentr

2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
You don't really mean that. What you are indirectly saying is "please give me an interview this late in the cycle". Let's be honest here, getting a pre-interview rejection would suck at this point and by avoiding the recent waves of rejection means the admission committee deems you worthy of matriculation.
Thanks but I meant what I said! No one from my undergrad has gotten into Stanford since 2010 ish- I absolutely will not be the first. If I got an II, I'd be thrilled- I'd immediately stretch my already tight finances for a last minute flight, have to lie to my boss about why I needed a day off, and lose a day of pay. And then I'd almost certainly put on a never-ending waitlist, stringing out my hopes through the summer.

If I withdrew right now, I'd always be wondering "what if". I especially can't do it because even though I've interviewed a few places, I don't have an acceptance. So yes- I absolutely would welcome the clarity of a rejection right now!

I have a good enough story to be interesting and bad enough stats to ever be a viable option for Stanford ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: trynadoc
Jan 12, 2019
Did anyone who turned in a primary but not a secondary get an R email? LOL

Oct 17, 2018
New England
Status
Attending Physician
Did anyone who turned in a primary but not a secondary get an R email? LOL
One of my advisees who does not go on SDN got a secondary, but for some reason was never able to actually submit it due to some bug or issue in the system. The person tried calling and emailing Stanford multiple times, but never got a helpful response from ADCOM office, and finally gave up trying. They got a R today, which of course was no surprise. Of note, applicant is lifelong east coaster who got good number of east coast T20 interviews, but no CA IIs.

Jan 17, 2019
Anyone else afraid they were running late and just combined acceptance wave 1 and 2 :(

i counted 20 unique accepted people in SDN alone, not even thinking of the lurkers :( losing hope
pure speculation, but for a class of ~90, wouldn't they probably accept at least 150 or something? 20 out of 50 (first wave being one third of total) acceptees posting on SDN does not seem that unlikely to me lol

Sep 1, 2017
Stanford finally pulled the plug on me pre-II on Fri 2/15. I was really hoping to be able to return to my alma matter for med school, and was encouraged by my survival of many rejection waves. Congrats to those who are accepted and still in the running - Stanford is an amazing place.

Reactions: esentr
Sep 14, 2018
Status
MD/PhD Student
uhhh, so i just got a pub but it seems like my portal wont let me update anymore? talk about bad timing

how do yall think i can grovel to stanford about this?

Jan 22, 2019
They're probably just updating the portal for the admitted students like they did last year. update application button might've just been an unforeseen casualty and should be back soon hopefully

Reactions: toot_poot
Mar 12, 2018
Status
MD/PhD Student
Has anyone received an email detailing how to confirm admission and the next steps yet? It’s been 1.5 weeks since I’ve received the call

OP
Lucca

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone received an email detailing how to confirm admission and the next steps yet? It’s been 1.5 weeks since I’ve received the call
Nope

Aug 20, 2018
Accepted but Stanford isn't listed on the choose your med school tool on AMCAS. Is that the case for others?
I'm not accepted, but I find it strange that they haven't officially accepted people through AMCAS yet. I figured they wanted to take advantage of the choose your med school tool to get a sense of how many spots they need to fill before accepting any more applicants.

Reactions: hydrationshell
OP
Lucca

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
Mar 12, 2018
Status
MD/PhD Student
MSTP office replied to my email. Pretty quickly too!

They told me that I was definitely accepted so not to worry about that. They were not aware that they were not appearing in the AMCAS “choose your school” page so I guess it’s good I sent that email. Also emails detailing the confirmation will be coming out today or tomorrow!

Jul 7, 2017
Status
Medical Student
If there is should we start one?
Traditionally, the current MS1ers will invite accepted applicants to a group to help you guys get oriented and to answer any questions you may have! In the meantime, feel free to get one going if you’d like. Congrats again; I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you this but Stanford is an amazing place.

Mar 12, 2018
Status
MD/PhD Student
Lol nvm just got an email from the MSTP. No medical school email yet... Stanford still doesn't appear for me in the "choose your own medical school" page

Aree

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Have post-interview rejections been sent out yet to anybody?