2018-2019 Stanford University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed in early october... do you guys think they already admitted all the earlier interviewers?
No. The first batch just seemed like a mix of Oct-Jan interviews. They don’t even appear to be moving chronologically

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
im bracing myself for a juicy, fresh WL (hopefully)/R by the end of the week :)

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
nothing like waiting for a phone call you might never get it

Reactions: 4 users
I have not heard back yet but my update tap is gone. anyone in the same situation?
im bracing myself for a juicy, fresh WL (hopefully)/R by the end of the week :)
Don't they have two more waves of acceptances tho?

Rejected Pre-II. Expected but still stung. I guess I’ll try again for residency lol

Reactions: 1 user
Confused and frustrated that I haven't been rejected pre II. I can't imagine there are any interview seats left, and even if I got one I don't stand a chance as a low stat applicant this late in the cycle. Set me free, Stanford!

Reactions: 1 users
Confused and frustrated that I haven't been rejected pre II. I can't imagine there are any interview seats left, and even if I got one I don't stand a chance as a low stat applicant this late in the cycle. Set me free, Stanford!

You don't really mean that. What you are indirectly saying is "please give me an interview this late in the cycle". Let's be honest here, getting a pre-interview rejection would suck at this point and by avoiding the recent waves of rejection means the admission committee deems you worthy of matriculation.

You don't really mean that. What you are indirectly saying is "please give me an interview this late in the cycle". Let's be honest here, getting a pre-interview rejection would suck at this point and by avoiding the recent waves of rejection means the admission committee deems you worthy of matriculation.

Thanks but I meant what I said! No one from my undergrad has gotten into Stanford since 2010 ish- I absolutely will not be the first. If I got an II, I'd be thrilled- I'd immediately stretch my already tight finances for a last minute flight, have to lie to my boss about why I needed a day off, and lose a day of pay. And then I'd almost certainly put on a never-ending waitlist, stringing out my hopes through the summer.

If I withdrew right now, I'd always be wondering "what if". I especially can't do it because even though I've interviewed a few places, I don't have an acceptance. So yes- I absolutely would welcome the clarity of a rejection right now!

I have a good enough story to be interesting and bad enough stats to ever be a viable option for Stanford ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who turned in a primary but not a secondary get an R email? LOL

has anyone gotten official confirmation of their acceptance yet after getting the phone call? Like an email or letter or portal update?
Lol nope. It’s been a week now. Thinking of emailing them come Monday and ask about it

Did anyone who turned in a primary but not a secondary get an R email? LOL
One of my advisees who does not go on SDN got a secondary, but for some reason was never able to actually submit it due to some bug or issue in the system. The person tried calling and emailing Stanford multiple times, but never got a helpful response from ADCOM office, and finally gave up trying. They got a R today, which of course was no surprise. Of note, applicant is lifelong east coaster who got good number of east coast T20 interviews, but no CA IIs.

have there been no post-II Rs/WLs? Last year those started dripping out ~1 week after the initial A wave.

Anyone else afraid they were running late and just combined acceptance wave 1 and 2 :(

i counted 20 unique accepted people in SDN alone, not even thinking of the lurkers :( losing hope

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else afraid they were running late and just combined acceptance wave 1 and 2 :(

i counted 20 unique accepted people in SDN alone, not even thinking of the lurkers :( losing hope
pure speculation, but for a class of ~90, wouldn't they probably accept at least 150 or something? 20 out of 50 (first wave being one third of total) acceptees posting on SDN does not seem that unlikely to me lol

Stanford finally pulled the plug on me pre-II on Fri 2/15. I was really hoping to be able to return to my alma matter for med school, and was encouraged by my survival of many rejection waves. Congrats to those who are accepted and still in the running - Stanford is an amazing place.

uhhh, so i just got a pub but it seems like my portal wont let me update anymore? talk about bad timing

how do yall think i can grovel to stanford about this?

Yeah thats what I fear happened

They're probably just updating the portal for the admitted students like they did last year. update application button might've just been an unforeseen casualty and should be back soon hopefully

Is anyone else still in Pre-II limbo here? Legitimately unsure if they received my app.

Has anyone received an email detailing how to confirm admission and the next steps yet? It’s been 1.5 weeks since I’ve received the call

Accepted but Stanford isn't listed on the choose your med school tool on AMCAS. Is that the case for others?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted but Stanford isn't listed on the choose your med school tool on AMCAS. Is that the case for others?
I'm not accepted, but I find it strange that they haven't officially accepted people through AMCAS yet. I figured they wanted to take advantage of the choose your med school tool to get a sense of how many spots they need to fill before accepting any more applicants.

It’s not 9AM in the West Coast yet. I’m going to call and ask about it. also I want an email from them before I withdraw from my other schools

No luck with calling. Nobody is picking up. I sent an email.

MSTP office replied to my email. Pretty quickly too!

They told me that I was definitely accepted so not to worry about that. They were not aware that they were not appearing in the AMCAS “choose your school” page so I guess it’s good I sent that email. Also emails detailing the confirmation will be coming out today or tomorrow!

If there is should we start one?

Traditionally, the current MS1ers will invite accepted applicants to a group to help you guys get oriented and to answer any questions you may have! In the meantime, feel free to get one going if you’d like. Congrats again; I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you this but Stanford is an amazing place.

Mentioned it earlier, but there is one under 'groups' on facebook, called: Stanford School of Medicine Entering Class of 2019

Not sure if we can join, but maybe they'll invite us soon!

You guys will get an invite soon! Hang in there :)

Let us know what they say! I tried calling but got intimidated by the endless option list, and I would love to know when the next wave(s?) of acceptances are coming out.
Lol. For the admissions office you press 1 and then 1 again.

Also I posted above what I heard

Lol nvm just got an email from the MSTP. No medical school email yet... Stanford still doesn't appear for me in the "choose your own medical school" page

Have post-interview rejections been sent out yet to anybody?

Got the email! Does anyone know when financial aid award information would come out?

Got the email earlier today! Also, Stanford is now available for me on the "Choose your school" tool on AMCAS :)

Got the email! Does anyone know when financial aid award information would come out?

I spoke to the financial aid office recently, and they told me that they would send an email out with further instructions sometime this week... after that, it takes them a few weeks to put together an official offer. PM me if you have other questions!

has anyone interviewing this weekend heard about student hosting yet? :/

Edit: nvm, didn't need to freak out about booking a last minute hotel whew!!

Last edited:
How does the quarterly tuition work? The quester tuition multiplied by 4 is insanely high..