2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone happen to know if the interview is open or closed file?

Members don't see this ad.

Would anyone happen to know if the interview is open or closed file?
It is open and they looked very closely at some details so I would advise future interviewees to carefully review their primary and secondary.

I submitted my primary late July and still have not gotten a secondary yet? anyone else in the same boat

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete on July 10, but I believe they didn't receive my CASPER results until around August 17th.

Best of luck to you, the invite is probably on it's way!

Hey guys or girls! Fellow Canadian applicant here. They don't actually take casper into consideration until after your interview, it is part of your post-interview score, so it isn't likely that your casper results affect your II schedule.

I got complete notification August 28 GPA 3.73 MCAT 524, PhD candidate, haven't heard anything yet! Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an interview invite..need to schedule!

Reactions: 1 user
I have not recieved a secondary yet. Any one else in the same boat? I submitted my primary late July

So what does that mean exactly? like should I be expecting one or not?

I think he/she meant that this school automatically sends out a secondary to every applicant that submitted a primary through AMCAS. Basically there is no screen or review process to deciding who gets secondaries.

So that means that you should get yours very soon.

So what does that mean exactly? like should I be expecting one or not?
It means they send you one as soon as your AMCAS application is verified, at least it was like that in my case!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not recieved a secondary yet. Any one else in the same boat? I submitted my primary late July
- secondaries came out months ago to everyone for most school - there my be some thing wrong with your account - possibly your AMCAS account was not verified

Any current students willing to explain what they love about stony brook/ any interview advice? I’m interviewing this week

II today! LM 72-74. OOS. Any advice on scheduling this interview? hotels nearby? It says to e-mail the secretary I'm assuming to pick a date - any Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.

II this morning. International, complete 7/12.

Does anyone know if they are receptive to ITAs? I am interviewing for another NY school (MD/PhD) in mid-November and its a very expensive trip for me from the West Coast.

Any current students willing to explain what they love about stony brook/ any interview advice? I’m interviewing this week

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (affiliated with the university) and it was really nice, about a 5 min walk to the hospital/medical school. Interview day is very laid back, you have two traditional interviews - one with a med student and the other with faculty. I wouldn’t stress about it at all, they just want to get to know you as a person.

It says 6-8 weeks from Interview for a final decision. Hopefully it might go quicker? Especially if the interview was early?

I will be commuting from Brooklyn for the interview..Should i get a hotel the night before insteaD?

did anyone find the match results from 2018? I've been looking for them bc i wanna see prior to my interview and i cannot find the actual list anywhere

Has anyone heard anything? In previous years they have always given out acceptances on the first day...

I commuted from Manhattan and ended up having to leave my house around 4:30 b/c of the train schedule. I was being extra careful, but the only 2 options I had were 2 hours apart and one got me there just before my appointment time and one got me there a few hours before (and I wasn't about to take a chance on the LIRR arriving right on time). I don't know the easiest way from Brooklyn, but I imagine you'd have a similarly long day.
I think I am planning on driving. That way I can also have the alone time to think/prepare.

For scheduling an interview, are we supposed to send any information? Or just request it be scheduled?

For scheduling an interview, are we supposed to send any information? Or just request it be scheduled?
I just emailed and asked to schedule. They told me to send dates I was available after a specific date. When I did that they scheduled me for the first available

I just emailed and asked to schedule. They told me to send dates I was available after a specific date. When I did that they scheduled me for the first available

Thanks! How fast did they get back to you?

Has anyone heard anything? In previous years they have always given out acceptances on the first day...

I received an acceptance on Monday! Interviewed Sept 18th.

I hope you all hear good news soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew II today. Best o' luck to you all!