2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R just now pre-II. Complete early august, OOS. Best of luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

R just now, pre-II. LM 72, complete mid-August. No worries though, good luck to folks still in the running!

Honestly, probably the best-worded and thoughtful medical school rejection email I have seen this cycle.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Also interviewed 12/14 and haven’t heard back... lol what..

Just got an II, scheduled for 3/5. Do you think that I have a chance, or am i most likely interviewing for the waitlist at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an II, scheduled for 3/5. Do you think that I have a chance, or am i most likely interviewing for the waitlist at this point?
They have like a 60% post II acceptance rate. Even if it is for a waitlist, I think a lot of people get off the waitlist at this school. I say go for it if you would be interested in attending this school over your other current options.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my II spot. This was really hard as a SUNY Kid, but I just don't have anymore travel/interview money left at this point in the cycle. Good Luck to the rest of you.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the school is receptive to emails/calls asking when we expect to hear back (if it’s been more than 8 weeks)?

Does anyone know if the school is receptive to emails/calls asking when we expect to hear back (if it’s been more than 8 weeks)?
I believe they are based on what they said in the interview. Will you let us know what they say?

Just turned down my II, only date they said they had available was mid to late march

Accepted Friday, interviewed january

Did anyone who interviewed in mid December hear back at all?

Just posting to let everyone know that I interviewed in mid November and I have not heard back yet.

Just to reiterate - I contacted the school and the admissions office agreed with the MD/PhD office that they are being VERY conservative with acceptances because of the new traffic rules and are not sending out most of their acceptances until April/May.

II just now! Complete 9/18

edit: Interview dates available 3/7 + 3/14

Last edited:
Do we know how many acceptances have already gone out? Or how many more we could potentially expect?

Did anyone who interviewed between mid Nov and mid Dec hear back yet about decisions? It's about to be 11 weeks since my interview date and I'm still left in the dark unfortunately :(

Did anyone who interviewed between mid Nov and mid Dec hear back yet about decisions? It's about to be 11 weeks since my interview date and I'm still left in the dark unfortunately :(

Keep your chin up! I am pretty sure that their process is not as linear as we think. Some ppl interviewed after me and were accepted before me. I know its been a while but keep hope alive. Also, I believe some posters in last year's thread waited a whole bunch and were still accepted right of the bat. It may be that your interviewer has not been to committee? Not sure why the delay but don't worry I am sure it is normal :)

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to apply to the 3 year md program and they said in the acceptance email that the deadline was Feb 28 at midnight however the link to the application no longer works... Any ideas on what to do?

I wonder if many students ended up applying to the program so they just closed it early bc of high demand? I saw that they would only take 15 students

Accepted. Interviewed about 2 weeks ago. Really appreciate the quick turn around.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! In-state. Interviewed on 02/14. First II and first A so I'm thrilled. App complete in second week of Sept.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my waitlist spot, hope it helps for someone who is waiting for a decision or on the wait list!

Wowsers, just got an invite to interview for their 3 year MD program for EM.
Neat

Reactions: 1 users
Wowsers, just got an invite to interview for their 3 year MD program for EM.
Neat
Congratulationss! Do you mind sharing if it came as an email or a call? And from whom? (asking as a nervous fellow student who is hoping to hear back about 3YMD interviews as well :) )

Congratulationss! Do you mind sharing if it came as an email or a call? And from whom? (asking as a nervous fellow student who is hoping to hear back about 3YMD interviews as well :) )
'twas an email from the residency coordinators

Can any current student speak to what most first year students do living wise? On campus apartment complexes or renting off campus housing/complexes?

Can any current student speak to what most first year students do living wise? On campus apartment complexes or renting off campus housing/complexes?
acce

Just accepted and wondering the same thing. It seems on-campus housing isn't really much of an option. So far I'm looking at apartments in Port Jefferson, but I'm considering other neighborhoods.

Are there any nice/affordable apartment buildings or complexes anyone could recommend?