Jul 6, 2017
Has anyone sent a letter of intent? Or do we think the “no additional materials” thing on the website applies to them too?

Oct 11, 2018
Rejected post-interview. Not an April fools prank, unfortunately.

Apr 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone who interviewed last week/recently: did a student contact you for the peer conversation yet? I have not heard anything

Dec 18, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I think everyone is going to get that email if you accepted the Alternate list offer but they’re just a little behind in sending them out!

Oct 7, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
interviewed in march and got alternate list email yesterday........... not sure if I have the will to fill out the form...

Jul 6, 2017
Just got my AL email, and I'm worried about this part:

May 1, 2019-Aug 4, 2019 Alternates who are listed by AMCAS as "Commit to enroll with another school" will have their alternate list offer withdrawn by SUNY Downstate.

Don't we have to commit to a school if we have at least one A? So unlike a waitlist, we have to come off the AL by the end of April or we're withdrawn automatically?

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized you don’t have to commit until later, you just have to “plan to enroll” at a single school after April 30. Confusing system.

Last edited:
Reactions: propylene.C
Jun 3, 2018
I just got an email thanking me for responding to the acceptance offer but I had never been accepted. They then sent an email saying that was sent in error and I was actually supposed to get a thank you for responding about the alternate list.

No apology, just a callous email.

Very upset and disappointed- downstate clearly doesn’t appreciate how emotional this process is for applicants

Jan 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
still never got a confirmation and a lil concerned, anyone else? I’m considering calling just to confirm

subdermallight

2+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Seems like everyone got waitlisted from the last handful of interviews. Guess they were just interviewing for the waitlist.