2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tfw rooting for the nets because you think their win will portend your acceptance
I don't follow basketball but I'm basically feeling the same energy regarding the process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just placed on alternate list. I interviewed mid-January. So happy it’s not a rejection for now..

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my acceptance. good luck to you guys

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back either, but I interviewed in March. Someone asked about when we will hear back, and we were told end of April. I'm not sure how accurate this is, so don't quote me lol
I heard back a couple of weeks ago, maybe sooner. Interviewed second week in March.

Anyone know how they feel about receiving an LOI from those on the alternate list?

Considering I already wrote 2-3 sentences on why I wanna go to Downstate when I filled out the alternate form, don't want to be overkill... but it's also my top choice by far...

Anyone know how they feel about receiving an LOI from those on the alternate list?

Considering I already wrote 2-3 sentences on why I wanna go to Downstate when I filled out the alternate form, don't want to be overkill... but it's also my top choice by far...
I wrote one right after my interview in January, which was more specific. I kept my 2-3 sentences on the form more general, but used my LOI to discuss things in more detail.

Withdrew acceptance today. Good luck to everyone out there!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone on the alternate list received confirmation from Downstate that your response has been received?

Has everyone on the alternate list received confirmation from Downstate that your response has been received?
Yes, but it took over a week for me to get that response. After around 5 days of silence, I called and someone was able to confirm that my email response was received so they were just backed up on their end. You could do the same; it made me feel better to know they had gotten my email!

Are we expecting movement from the alt list right on 5/1 (for 4/30), or will they take a week or two to sort through things before anything happens? Does anyone know what it was like last year?

Are we expecting movement from the alt list right on 5/1 (for 4/30), or will they take a week or two to sort through things before anything happens? Does anyone know what it was like last year?

From last year’s thread it looks like acceptances started about a week into May. However, it looks like they were also accepting people in early April so I don’t know if we can make any assumptions on how this year will go.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind this year has new aamc rules about how to handle acceptances and whatnot so how schools conduct themselves is gonna be totally different than years prior

Hi- could someone help me out- how exactly do you withdraw from SD? And if it needs the secondary portal, can someone DM the link to me, please?

Hi- could someone help me out- how exactly do you withdraw from SD? And if it needs the secondary portal, can someone DM the link to me, please?
I believe emailing the admission office is the best way to withdraw.

Accepted today off the waitlist. Will be most likely declining soon. Best of luck gang!

Last edited:
Also accepted off the waitlist via email. Does anyone know whether it is allowed to remain on other waitlists? The offer asks to get off them so I'm not sure what to think...

anyone know if they sent out all the acceptances for today around noon? Or are more coming in throughout the day?

anyone know if they sent out all the acceptances for today around noon? Or are more coming in throughout the day?
would also like to know this. and if they are done for today, when is the next round coming out?

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! Notified by email. Interviewed mid December.

Accepted people, have you selected “plan to enroll” elsewhere or is this your first acceptance? I’m wondering if they would prefer to accept people who aren’t holding other acceptances, even though you obviously have to if you have one at this point.

Also accepted off the waitlist via email. Does anyone know whether it is allowed to remain on other waitlists? The offer asks to get off them so I'm not sure what to think...
If you change your status to ‘Plan to Enroll’ to SUNY Downstate they’ll be able to see if you’re on any other waitlists since it’s after April 31st I’m pretty sure but not sure what they would do about it

Accepted people, have you selected “plan to enroll” elsewhere or is this your first acceptance? I’m wondering if they would prefer to accept people who aren’t holding other acceptances, even though you obviously have to if you have one at this point.

I selected plan to enroll at another school before 4/30

If you change your status to ‘Plan to Enroll’ to SUNY Downstate they’ll be able to see if you’re on any other waitlists since it’s after April 31st I’m pretty sure but not sure what they would do about it
I'm thinking it might be okay since they don't specify choosing "commit to enroll". Gonna give them a call anyways.

Maybe my paranoia is taking over, but ~5 acceptances reported on SDN alone makes me wonder if they filled all the spots that opened up on April 30 in one fell swoop.

Reactions: 7 users
was anyone accepted yesterday who was waitlisted in mid-late april wave? or just the first round of waitlists? wondering if timing of that is in any way related to priority..

was anyone accepted yesterday who was waitlisted in mid-late april wave? or just the first round of waitlists? wondering if timing of that is in any way related to priority..

Was waitlisted in late April and got the A this week. Good luck!