letsdothis95

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey!
Has anyone who interviewed on/near 10/15 heard anything yet? I just checked my portal and it says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." Anyone else have this message?

Reactions: ModernDolphin52
Sep 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey!
Has anyone who interviewed on/near 10/15 heard anything yet? I just checked my portal and it says "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." Anyone else have this message?
Yup! Message appeared I think the day after my interview if I remember correctly. And as far as hearing back post interview, someone who interviewed 10/10 heard back last Friday it seems!

Premed Hopes & Dreams

2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Interviewed 10/01. No word yet.

Jul 14, 2018
Status
I remember the dean saying something about those interviewing in early October getting our decisions by the first week of November, but it seems like no one has gotten anything from Upstate...

Edit: Just check my portal and the "Your application is under committee review" message has disappeared. Looking back to previous threads, that's an indication that a decision is imminent.

Aug 7, 2018
I remember the dean saying something about those interviewing in early October getting our decisions by the first week of November, but it seems like no one has gotten anything from Upstate...

Edit: Just check my portal and the "Your application is under committee review" message has disappeared. Looking back to previous threads, that's an indication that a decision is imminent.
+1

Apr 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you receive an email or just the portal?

I interviewed 10/3 and got ACCEPTED (I assume today too), but I never received an email. I went on the portal (which is not the most modern system) just now and there was an acceptance :)
Yes, also the portal. I still haven't gotten an email. CONGRATS, YO!

Jul 14, 2018
Status
Rejected. Oh well. Good luck everyone else!

Unlimited Apps

King of Appetizers
Jun 8, 2018
Status
Rejected. Oh well. Good luck everyone else!
Same haha. OOS LM 70, interviewed 10/10. Have an acceptance I probably would have taken over this one so wasn't too upsetting but still a bit bummed lol.
Sorry to hear that fellas, good luck with your remaining schools!

Not to add fuel to the fire, but how did ya'll think the MMI went? Obviously, its not the only factor in play but just curious.

Aug 7, 2018
Sorry to hear that fellas, good luck with your remaining schools!

Not to add fuel to the fire, but how did ya'll think the MMI went? Obviously, its not the only factor in play but just curious.
Thanks dude. I thought it went well, I was told I had good answers by quite a few interviewers. Unless there was one station that got me red flagged, I don't think MMI performance was the basis of my rejection.

Xanias

2+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2016
New York
Status
Pre-Medical
Does SUNY do pre-II rejections or everyone is put on hold?
From what I've seen on this thread it seems like everyone is put on hold but they do pull a decent amount of people from hold after December.

Reactions: yellowballoon
Mar 5, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
What does it look like on the portal if you get an II? (Obviously I’m asking so I don’t have one, but I’d love to know what to look for ;))

Oct 20, 2018
Status
Has anyone used the waitlist for an earlier interview slot option? Just realized they have this (wish I knew earlier)

Jun 17, 2018
Is SUNY open to in the area requests? Will be in NYC for another interview and wondering if they can review my file early. Thanks again

Jul 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what the lowest mcat is that they will accept? Is it possible to get an II with a 500-505 score with a strong GPA and extra curriculars (especially in the health field), NY resident..

Nov 16, 2018
Put on hold 6:00am this morning

3.6cGPA 513 MCAT International applicant. Professional Degree. Complete 10/03.

A little bummed out - I would've loved to have had the chance to interview at this school.

Goodluck everyone else!

Jul 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Posting this a little late but I was put on HPA list (post interview) on 11/9.
Does anyone know the chance of HPA turning into acceptance?