2018-2019 SUNY Upstate Medical University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry in advance for the nerves this notification will cause ;) but thinking maybe unlikely we’ll hear this week because of thanksgiving :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Put on hold 6:00am this morning

3.6cGPA 513 MCAT International applicant. Professional Degree. Complete 10/03.

A little bummed out - I would've loved to have had the chance to interview at this school.

Goodluck everyone else!
Don't get discouraged. I was put on hold first and then got an interview today...there's still hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what's your definition of super early? I was complete for all of my schools during the last 2 weeks of August. Is this late? Haven't heard back from ~ 85-90% of my schools!

Have you heard from any other schools since? I was complete at the same time

do you know if we should send them a letter of interest if placed on hold pre-interview?

ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed on 10/29

I haven't gotten an email yet, I just checked my portal :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed on 10/29

I haven't gotten an email yet, I just checked my portal :)

Congrats!!! As someone that also interviewed late October, I am super surprised that someone heard back already! I could have sworn they said that we weren't going to hear anything until early/mid-December. I just checked my portal and still have the same committee review status :(.

Can I ask for your stats and IS/OOS status?

Reactions: 1 user
My portal is cleared but I don't see anything. Does this mean reject or wait list?

First Acceptance! :) Interviewed on 10/17. Just saw on the portal this afternoon! Hey, @thinklikeaproton2019 were you near the door or the fridge in the conference room? We may have met haha.

Reactions: 2 users
to those accepted: does anyone know how to get into myupstate? they gave me a user ID but no pin number and im not sure what to use for the pin

Sooo, I haven't heard back yet. Not even a hold. Complete email 8/30.

It seems like almost everyone has gotten a hold or a II yet? Even the occasional R.

(For context, I got a II back in October at another public NYS school).

Interviewed 11/5 and hoping we hear back this week... I feel like it's not going to be until the week after though. Good luck to everybody who hasn't heard yet!

Probably extra neurotic but my "date created" changed from Not Entered to my complete date? But I was placed on a pre-interview hold a while ago :/

I’m a Canadian applicant, LM 69, submitted secondaries to all my schools of choice around mid July to Mid August. I have been rejected from 2 schools but they were top 15 med schools. The rest of the mid tier schools I applied to I haven’t heard anything from them except that my application is complete. Is this normal? Are they keeping my application on a “maybe” list or something because I’m an international applicant? I applied to “Canadian Friendly” schools which from my knowledge treat us the same as OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m a Canadian applicant, LM 69, submitted secondaries to all my schools of choice around mid July to Mid August. I have been rejected from 2 schools but they were top 15 med schools. The rest of the mid tier schools I applied to I haven’t heard anything from them except that my application is complete. Is this normal? Are they keeping my application on a “maybe” list or something because I’m an international applicant? I applied to “Canadian Friendly” schools which from my knowledge treat us the same as OOS.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hard to tell what "normal" is, but as you know it's tough to be international, even if you're canadian. Some mid tiers are very receptive to LM <70, but as a reference I'm LM 70, US citizen, and haven't heard from 20 of the 30 schools I've applied to (7 II, 3 R, 1 A).

Interviewed Oct 22, just checked portal to find an ACCEPTANCE! Did not receive email yet
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed Oct 22, just checked portal to find an ACCEPTANCE! Did not receive email yet
Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, stats and OOS/IS?

Is there a facebook group yet for accepted students?

For accepted people, how long did it take after your portal updated to receive the email?

Anyone hear about MD/PhD post-interview yet?

anyone on hold previously get an interview yet?

Awesome! Congrats, I’m in the 11/5 group and I hope I hear something soon!

Good luck! Rooting for all my 11/5 people who are probably gonna hear in the next few days! :xf: