2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any chance you're willing to share the number of "Interview Invites" you have and will be sending out?
Thank you in advance.
I think that's mentioned in one of the previous pages

Members don't see this ad.

II today. Excited to explore the school and DFW

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. Wasn't expecting that!

EDIT: Submitted Secondary on 11/20.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Interview Invite just now! Scheduled for 1/14/19

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone, still hoping for some love.

Reactions: 6 users
Would people who got II mind sharing stats? Curious what this school may be aim for lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone complete 11/27/18 or later receive an II?

Wonder if they’re going on chronological order? At least I sure hope so lol

Reactions: 2 users
Applicants are reviewed in order received.

Stats for the invited pool thus far average:
GPA 3.65
Science GPA 3.54
MCAT 509.5

Academics is one of three important sections reviewed: personal and professional readiness are just as important.

Reactions: 15 users
II received this morning! Good luck everyone.

GPA 3.65
Science GPA 3.54
MCAT 509.5

Academics is one of three important sections reviewed: personal and professional readiness are just as important.
So LM 66-67, that makes me feel like I have a shot.
Complete 12/12 LM 67 with strong ECs

Anyone get an II complete at 12/4 or later?

I got an II today my friends! Applied 11/2, Sec invite on 12/1, submitted 12/2. I’m super excited about TCU!

Would people who got II mind sharing stats? Curious what this school may be aim for lol

Lizzy M score of 66. Slightly lower than the MCAT average posted by the school above but higher on both cGPA and sGPA.

Complete 12/1. Hoping for some love!

GPA 3.65
Science GPA 3.54
MCAT 509.5

In this range with a 513 MCAT, on my knees praying as a Texas resident.

Man, I didn't feel too hot after those audio responses. Did anyone else feel like they were stumbling around during the audio section actually snag an II?

Reactions: 1 users
Monday Jan 28th is now available as an interview date. The 14th is no longer available.

@SOM Admissions

Thank you for keeping us updated with the process. I had a couple of questions:

1. Is everything looked at in the consideration for an interview e.g (primary information, personal statement, letters of recommendation, activities section, secondary responses) or is there a emphasis on metrics initially?

2. Let’s say an applicant is not initially offered an interview. Is he/she possibly considered for a later interview date in February, March or April?

Thank you again!

@SOM Admissions

Thank you for keeping us updated with the process. I had a couple of questions:

1. Is everything looked at in the consideration for an interview e.g (primary information, personal statement, letters of recommendation, activities section, secondary responses) or is there a emphasis on metrics initially?

2. Let’s say an applicant is not initially offered an interview. Is he/she possibly considered for a later interview date in February, March or April?

Thank you again!

A comprehensive review is conducted and yes, you can be invited at a later time.

Complete 12/08 and currently waiting. In case anybody complete around the same time wanted to know!

When I click on the link for the audio portion, the audio response page appears but the test will not load. I have tried both safari, google chrome, and firefox. Is there anything I can do to access this? Also, will submitting the secondary at this time affect any decisions regarding my acceptance or rejection?

When I click on the link for the audio portion, the audio response page appears but the test will not load. I have tried both safari, google chrome, and firefox. Is there anything I can do to access this? Also, will submitting the secondary at this time affect any decisions regarding my acceptance or rejection?

If you are using a Mac and have access to a PC, please try that route with Google Chrome. Mac products seem to be an issue.

Contact the office if you continue to experience issues. Your file will be considered so long as you meet our Jan 15 deadline. We interview and make admission decisions through April.

I feel like I totally messed up the audio portion of the secondary but hopefully I get that elusive II because both my girlfriend (soon to be fiance but don’t tell her ;)) and I hope to move out of the Midwest. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 7 users
congrats to everyone with IIs thus far. Hoping to get one myself!

Are transcript updates from Fall 2018 considered when looking at our academic records?

Are transcript updates from Fall 2018 considered when looking at our academic records?

I inquired about this and they said no they are not, but that applicants admitted will be asked to submit updated transcripts.

Secondary invite 11/30, secondary complete 12/13, no II yet for those wondering.

I initially wanted to complete it immediately but I was also focused on some final exams and an interview I had elsewhere 12/7. Now I'm hoping the extra time I took to complete the secondary isn't held against me haha. Very exciting to see some others who submitted just a week prior have begun getting interview invitations though!

Only information that has been received/verified by AMCAS or our Supplemental is utilized in the decision-making process. No updates to academic, experiences, awards, etc after supplemental are considered.

I inquired about this and they said no they are not, but that applicants admitted will be asked to submit updated transcripts.

That really stinks because my GPA and its upward trend needs every semester that it can :bang:

I hope everyone on here can get an II! Hey, it's less than 60 of us on here correct? ;) P.S I'm still waiting to hear something.

Reactions: 7 users
I hope everyone on here can get an II! Hey, it's less than 60 of us on here correct? ;) P.S I'm still waiting to hear something.

I'd be down for a SDN inaugural class for TCU.

Apps wise, I’ve been taking a lot of L’s recently, so I’m hoping this school can break that streak. Really hoping for an immense wave of positive news for all us intensely waiting haha!

Same^

Side note, what mascot would we even be? Horned frogs or eagles?

I'd be down for the hybrid: horned eagles :laugh:

I did my master's at UNTHSC so it would be nice to have some UNT representation thrown in there hahaha

Same here, I'm just sitting here like :nailbiting:

I think next wave of II's will hopefully be this Thursday? Fingers crossed that we all hear some good news soon!

(Also, pretty sure based on their social media that the official mascot is the horned frog! Makes sense considering TCU is the undergrad institution in the partnership, although horned eagles sounds pretty cool too) :laugh: