2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if im not mistaken, a couple pages back, someone posted a picture of a list of dates the adcom meets. Could not find it though but I may have been looking on the wrong page!
Oops, I posted that haha. I didn’t realize that April 8th was the last interview date and they were already giving April 1 II

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone actually been rejected yet? I know they said they were gonna start end of January, but now I’m worried they’re just gonna do a mass rejection in April

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone actually been rejected yet? I know they said they were gonna start end of January, but now I’m worried they’re just gonna do a mass rejection in April
I think they have only rejected post-II, haven't seen any pre-II rejections

I was just about to take my phone into the shower with me (just in case), but got the hold email instead :( Does anyone know what proportion of applicants are put on hold?

Reactions: 3 users
I was just about to take my phone into the shower with me (just in case), but got the hold email instead :( Does anyone know what proportion of applicants are put on hold?
I didn't even realize there was a hold option... ugh. Still haven't heard anything back since submitting the secondary.

Got the hold email at 5:40. Got a little nervous when I got the email but glad to still be in play. Congrats to all that got good news today and good luck to everyone else in the same boat as me

Got the hold email today as well, I'm hopeful! :)

Those of you amazing peeps with an acceptance here and most likely to not attend.... please have mercy to those of us who are on the WL! I really fell in love with this school and it is my top choice. And im sure im not the only one in this state of constant anxiety lol

Good luck to everyone still in play here and good luck to those with II's coming up!!

Reactions: 5 users
I'll withdraw my acceptance. Hopefully, one of you will get it. Best of luck to all who is waiting.

Reactions: 12 users
Winter storm Scott killing this interview vibe... To any of the others traveling to FW, make sure to leave with lots of time.
DCT_SPECIAL101_1280x720.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
It looks like there's one more wave to go out, since the last group was getting two march dates and one april date. We shall see!
Hoping that wave is this upcoming week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Winter storm Scott killing this interview vibe... To any of the others traveling to FW, make sure to leave with lots of time.
DCT_SPECIAL101_1280x720.jpg

But I mean hey, your name's got snow in it...surely you like it and this chilly Texas weather huh?? heheh

I feel like there is a good amount of us in the "hold position" currently... I am also wondering if anyone has been rejected or accepted off of this list yet?

I feel like there is a good amount of us in the "hold position" currently... I am also wondering if anyone has been rejected or accepted off of this list yet?
I think they’re starting to cut off people from the list but not sure about accepting:/

I'm over here now and just about died over the pork belly tacos at Bartaco. Super cool area too!

Bartaco's glazed pork belly tacos were lit BTW. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m wondering this too, since I’ve been on hold since the first week and am (not so patiently) waiting for a decision! I wonder if anyone else has gotten one

Reactions: 4 users
I was a groomsman at a wedding on Friday, eagerly awaiting my acceptance phone call when I got the R email instead. Didn’t even get put on hold. I’m just completely crushed and honestly still a little in shock. Even wondered briefly if they sent me the wrong email by mistake, but I immediately admonished myself for wishful thinking.

It wasn’t hubris, it’s just that I left the interview day feeling so good about how it went at every single interview station, and so excited about the program they’re building, that I knew I was gonna be one of the best fits for the program. Everything aligned so well with who I am and the kind of doctor/person I want to be. And with my first application cycle just happening to align with theirs, everything felt like it was meant to be. I’m a nontrad with significant, highly acute and varied nursing and paramedic experience over the past six years. I see compassion as being the single most important aspect of effective clinical practice. And since the things that interest me most in practice are bleeding-edge advancements in resuscitation and early identification, being part of a program that’s focused on emerging trends seemed like a dream come true. Not to mention the flipped classroom style and the focus on communication... I could go on and on, but I won’t. There’s no point.

I had stats above their average and my friends/coworkers (physicians all) were very optimistic alongside me.

Don’t know why I’m venting on here, honestly. I just needed to put it into the world somewhere. I am very excited for those of you who get one of the coveted spots, and I hope you get to be a part of something amazing. It certainly seems that way from here!

Best of luck to everyone still in the pipeline. I hope you achieve your dreams!

Reactions: 19 users
Sorry to hear that :(

I sort of felt the same way about this school, I was like "finally a school where I'm above the average stats, maybe they'll interview me!" TFW you're not high stat enough for most schools but then you apply to TCU and you're not holistic enough for TCU lol feels badger man
Sometimes I feel like that it's a game of "let's see what this applicant doesn't have so we can justify sending the L". Feels lol

I was a groomsman at a wedding on Friday, eagerly awaiting my acceptance phone call when I got the R email instead. Didn’t even get put on hold. I’m just completely crushed and honestly still a little in shock. Even wondered briefly if they sent me the wrong email by mistake, but I immediately admonished myself for wishful thinking.

It wasn’t hubris, it’s just that I left the interview day feeling so good about how it went at every single interview station, and so excited about the program they’re building, that I knew I was gonna be one of the best fits for the program. Everything aligned so well with who I am and the kind of doctor/person I want to be. And with my first application cycle just happening to align with theirs, everything felt like it was meant to be. I’m a nontrad with significant, highly acute and varied nursing and paramedic experience over the past six years. I see compassion as being the single most important aspect of effective clinical practice. And since the things that interest me most in practice are bleeding-edge advancements in resuscitation and early identification, being part of a program that’s focused on emerging trends seemed like a dream come true. Not to mention the flipped classroom style and the focus on communication... I could go on and on, but I won’t. There’s no point.

I had stats above their average and my friends/coworkers (physicians all) were very optimistic alongside me.

Don’t know why I’m venting on here, honestly. I just needed to put it into the world somewhere. I am very excited for those of you who get one of the coveted spots, and I hope you get to be a part of something amazing. It certainly seems that way from here!

Best of luck to everyone still in the pipeline. I hope you achieve your dreams!

For what it's worth, I'm roughly in the same boat as you and I haven't even received an invitation to interview. I felt the same way at an interview I had at another top 30 school this year and got crushed with a rejection email.

just wanted to tell everyone to keep your heads up and don't let an undesired email leave you in despair. It's not the end of the journey whether you're accepted or not. Keep fighting!

Has anyone been on hold and received an acceptance or an R later on? It seems like us hold folks are on hold until all the interviews are over.

Anybody hear anything about any II’s today?

Reactions: 1 users
I have not, which is worrying seeing the last interview date is April 8th :O
Maybe they've already been handed out, but those people aren't one of us on this thread haha. Sighs...

Has anyone been on hold and received an acceptance or an R later on? It seems like us hold folks are on hold until all the interviews are over.

A friend of mine was accepted two weeks after being put on hold - don't lose hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call after interviewing 2/18! I wish the best to everyone still waiting to hear back, and I can't wait to meet some of you on campus in a few months. It's going to be an amazing 4 years :)

Reactions: 15 users

Got the hold email today as well. I was crossing my fingers extra hard to get the acceptance today! I'm grateful there is still a chance though :D

Also got placed on hold today!

Last edited:
Has anyone been released? I recall them saying they would start releasing applicants in January.

Last edited:
Hold email as well :(

I know it's been asked but actually can't find the post, but does anyone know if they accept post II updates? I know that they do not want pre-II updates but can't find their post-II stance. Thanks!

No updates. Accepted after being on hold for several weeks.

Reactions: 14 users
Day light savings last night: yes we all lost one hour of sleep, but that also means 1 less hour of waiting for the interview day tomorrow! SO PUMPED. Can't wait to see TCU/UNTHSC tomorrow, its gonna be a fun day!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an email for an II but I unfortunately wont be accepting it :( . Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Just received an interview invite! Does anyone know if this is for a waitlist spot? Thank you

Last edited:
Just received an interview invite, does anyone know if this is for a waitlist spot? Thank you

No they are making sure that each interview day has a fair shot at getting an acceptance so the seats won’t be full until they have interviewed everybody! Congrats!