2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you received your acceptance letter from admissions? Received my acceptance today, as well!

If you don’t mind me asking, are you in state or out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted on Friday too!! Excited to be joining the rest of you guys at this school. For those on the waitlist and are anxious, I was OOS and sent an update letter.

Reactions: 8 users
So happy to report I got accepted off the waitlist today! OOS.

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone think there will be more or less waitlist movement after June 1st?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m hoping there’s more movement to come! We’ve made it this far, and the best thing we can do is to focus on other things in life until an email pops up in our inbox.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone tried to request an extension to the June 1st CTE deadline here? If so, how did you do so?
I don’t understand your quandary, @hiraeth9 . At the deadline you make your decision with the information you have at that time.
Don’t lose a yes for a maybe!

Edited to add: look at the May 3 post by SOM Adcoms on this issue

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to request an extension to the June 1st CTE deadline here? If so, how did you do so?

it's a soft/hard deadline tbh. Like they say its a hard deadline but at second look they said if you miss it they will contact you and try to get a hold of you before releasing you. They mentioned they would call 1-2 times at second look. While I don't remember them talking about extensions they would definitely allow you to take your time.

ALL - requesting an extension to the June 1 CTE deadline requires communication to our office with 1) reason for the extension and 2) specific time/date requested.

No communication by June 1 does not equal an extension.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone anticipate any more waitlist movement from TCU in the next few weeks? Really loved the school when I visited!

Reactions: 4 users
How long after June 1st would the office be willing to consider extensions for?
@hiraeth9, The post by the SOM admissions dean clearly advises you to communicate with them directly (probably by phone) and give a valid reason for extension request as well as your end date. Posting on SDN is not the same as communicating with the admissions office! :eek::oops:

Reactions: 2 users
ALL - requesting an extension to the June 1 CTE deadline requires communication to our office with 1) reason for the extension and 2) specific time/date requested.

No communication by June 1 does not equal an extension.

Are you willing to share how many students CTE'd this year? and what the avg age of matriculants is? Thanks!

Got the call after interviewing 2/18! I wish the best to everyone still waiting to hear back, and I can't wait to meet some of you on campus in a few months. It's going to be an amazing 4 years :)
Do you mind sharing your stats?

O M G! Just got the call! I’ve been waiting on THIS!

Reactions: 15 users
Congratulations!! That’s amazing news! Glad to know that there is still some movement on the waitlist.
I’m staying hopeful that I’ll get the call soon too! :)

Reactions: 5 users

Congrats!!! I hope waitlist movement is continuing. If you’re on their FB page, does it seem like a lot of people have been accepted off the waitlist??

Congrats!!! I hope waitlist movement is continuing. If you’re on their FB page, does it seem like a lot of people have been accepted off the waitlist??

Hey! I don’t know because I haven’t checked out the page yet. Do you know where I can find the link?

Anybody willing to share the link to the facebook page?

I'm currently applying to TCU and I have no info about the stats of the accepting class so for those who were accepted how competitive were your stats? I'm IS with LM of 70. My GPA is stellar but MCAT is average

Attachments

• 628F3298-49B0-4E0F-A7B2-F422B50A532D.jpeg
    628F3298-49B0-4E0F-A7B2-F422B50A532D.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: 1 users