2018-2019 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude id love to know as well. Also we don't even Know how big the enMed class will be or how many oos they will have right?
Any idea of a timeline for OOS for the enmed or med? I was thinking sometime in early February we would get an answer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude id love to know as well. Also we don't even Know how big the enMed class will be or how many oos they will have right?
I remember they take 20 oos. or something around that number for enmed. The total enmed class is I think around 75. I could be wrong on the total class size for enmed. But I'm pretty sure on the 20

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember they take 20 oos. or something around that number for enmed. The total enmed class is I think around 75. I could be wrong on the total class size for enmed. But I'm pretty sure on the 20
They want a total class size of 125 this year - which equates to 12 OOS because of state laws. When I interviewed for EnMed, they said the program would have 25 people.

Reactions: 1 user
So, I remember the total class will be 100. Of that, 25 will be EnMed (both IS and OOS, with no exact numbers of IS vs OOS), and a total of 10 OOS (they can only take 10% of the class as OOS).

So, I remember the total class will be 100. Of that, 25 will be EnMed (both IS and OOS, with no exact numbers of IS vs OOS), and a total of 10 OOS (they can only take 10% of the class as OOS).
Sorry you are right. 75 is the number of regular med and 25 EnMed. That makes more sense.

I also vaguely remember hearing that they will be trying to give the majority of oos spots to enMed and that enMed might even get more than the ten pct rule since it's a special program. But it goes to show how up on the air and poorly planned things seem to be... But it's still one of my top choices lol

Anyone know if Tamu is receptive to LOI?

I also vaguely remember hearing that they will be trying to give the majority of oos spots to enMed and that enMed might even get more than the ten pct rule since it's a special program. But it goes to show how up on the air and poorly planned things seem to be... But it's still one of my top choices lol

I asked someone who works there in the program and they said that isn't true. There are not more spots for OOS reserved for enmed exclusively. But I agree it is all up in the air and isn't clear about what is really going on :/

yea there is nothing certain at this point for EnMed! Like you said its all up in the air. I just wish they provided a timeline for notification for OOS and IS. Other universities have a deadline or a specific date on when they will notify students.
Too bad there isn't a real time tracker that shows the number of students accepted vs undecided vs wait list vs not accepted.

if you have been interviewed, I guess the LOI would be sent to the main admissions email?

Looking to do this also. I’m think it’s probably best until the official waitlist is out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, waitlist emails came out a week later, and provided instructions on how to submit a one-page update letter, recommendation letter, and updated transcript!

Reactions: 3 users
Last year, waitlist emails came out a week later, and provided instructions on how to submit a one-page update letter, recommendation letter, and updated transcript!
Thank you! This is really helpful

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the info for all who posted

Just received the waitlist/alternate list notification e-mail.

Does everyone automatically get on the waitlist if they weren't matched?

Got the waitlist email too. And no, not everyone is selected to be on it. I was rejected in the past

Got the email, how many from the waitlist usually get in? And how many are selected to the waitlist?

Did your portal change?

My portal didn't change right away, it took a few minutes before the form appeared. (and you receive another email saying the form has been added)

Got the email, how many from the waitlist usually get in? And how many are selected to the waitlist?

If MSAR is accurate, A&M states they place about 90-100 on the waitlist and 40 are accepted from it.

I'm still waiting for any response. getting anxious now!!!

I matched to a school higher on my rank list! Do I need to email someone at a&m to let them know that I won't be attending or is that automatic?

Also good luck to all of y'all still waiting to hear back! Have patience and faith!

I matched to a school higher on my rank list! Do I need to email someone at a&m to let them know that I won't be attending or is that automatic?
I think it's automatic

Yes, it is automatic right now within the Match Day system.

Later on after today, though, if you decide to leave your current placement for an attractive WL offer, you should accept the new offer and also promptly email your original school to say that you have decided to attend a different school and withdraw from their class.

Congrats to those that matched! Glad to have you in the family! DM me if you’ve got questions.

Waitlisters, don’t be discouraged. Movement all over TX happens always. Still have back up plans, but don’t lose hope either. :)

Specifically for A&M, is it required/beneficial to put parental information when filling out FAFSA?
I see that it is suggested on the FAFSA page for law and health professional students. Thank you in advance!

Congrats to those that matched! Glad to have you in the family! DM me if you’ve got questions.

Waitlisters, don’t be discouraged. Movement all over TX happens always. Still have back up plans, but don’t lose hope either. :)

Does anyone know when we have to report for duty (Specifically for EnMed)? I have a few weddings to attend this summer and already booked my flights, so I would like to know early on if there will be a conflict.

Does anyone know when we have to report for duty (Specifically for EnMed)? I have a few weddings to attend this summer and already booked my flights, so I would like to know early on if there will be a conflict.
I don’t know currently, but you may follow the A&M Med Calendar. I doubt there will be major deviation.

Know that you have a week of orientation prior to first day... be safe and block out a bit before that.
Office of the Registrar - Office of the Registrar - Texas A&M University

Specifically for A&M, is it required/beneficial to put parental information when filling out FAFSA?
I see that it is suggested on the FAFSA page for law and health professional students. Thank you in advance!
After a certain age, I don’t think you put your parents info. I never did when I started, but I was also 25 and independent once I started college.

Did they give you need based aid even if u did that? I am over 25 and about to marriculate hopefully
After a certain age, I don’t think you put your parents info. I never did when I started, but I was also 25 and independent once I started college.

Did they give you need based aid even if u did that? I am over 25 and about to marriculate hopefully
They can, but it’s not much. It’s need aid from the state, which I think many of the med students qualify for. Getting into any graduate/professional program, don’t expect a ton of money. How life goes unfortunately. If you get money, it would be from scholarship. I actually didn’t get a merit scholarship offer until a week after match. You never know.

Do you have a feel for the range of merit scholarship money given and approx how many people get it?
They can, but it’s not much. It’s need aid from the state, which I think many of the med students qualify for. Getting into any graduate/professional program, don’t expect a ton of money. How life goes unfortunately. If you get money, it would be from scholarship. I actually didn’t get a merit scholarship offer until a week after match. You never know.