2018-2019 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, thought they passed me up b/c I submitted my secondary early June.

LizzyM 78-80.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my interview 8/9. Experience was great overall, met some pretty awesome people

Reactions: 2 users
I'd say you have a chance, but prob not before the CASPER comes

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else's portal still only showing the secondary and secondary fee marked as true? My primary was transmitted June 4 and everything else was sent long ago.

Last edited:
Is anyone else's portal still only showing the secondary and secondary fee marked as true? My primary was submitted June 4 and everything else was sent long ago.
Mine portal is not showing anything, so I dont know if this is bad :/

II! Email said something about EnMed and that’s why they chose the Houston location for me to interview at. Submitted 6/26 EnMed submitted 7/14. Super excited to explore this new program

II! Email said something about EnMed and that’s why they chose the Houston location for me to interview at. Submitted 6/26 EnMed submitted 7/14. Super excited to explore this new program
Congrats, it sounds like a very cool program!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance you know what the character limits on the EnMed supplement are?

Any chance you know what the character limits on the EnMed supplement are?
There were no character limits. For the straight forward questions, my responses were really short. For more of the open end ones, I treated them like 250-500 word secondaries prompts.

Reactions: 1 user
II for EnMed! For the app, my essays were 1500 to around 4000 characters.

II Today! OOS. Enmed Applicant so they put me in the Houston location. Only offered one date so I need to reschedule it.
My Enmed essays were 200-1000 characters. Since I didn't see any limit I just made my responses short & to the point.

Last edited:
A&M's new dual degree program. You get an engineering masters and MD at the same time I believe.
Yeah its pretty lit, I sent the supplement after interviewing for the regular M.D. program because I didn't even really know about it before. It's also all in 4 years! in Houston! Houston boutta have 5 med schools in one city

Does anyone know if we can do ENMED and the MD/MBA (MD Plus) program or sub in the masters of engineering with a MBA?

Submitted my secondaries today (08/19) primary (7/04) ...is that too late? Should I kiss A&M goodbye :-( (LizzyM score 72, gpa 3.75, MCAT 516)

Would it be discouraged to talk about witnessing a physician acting unethically/discriminating for UTSW’s secondary: “Describe a time that you witnessed someone acting unethically or dishonest, or experiences behavior of harassment or discrimination.”

During one of my gastroenterologist visits, I felt like I wasn’t taken serious for my condition. I was told by a male doctor that the reason for my stomach pains and nausea were probably because I was stressed/ emotional about being single and not having a husband... he even laughed a little like joking around but I didn’t think it was funny.... I never even mentioned my personal life! He simply asked if I was married and I said no.... After I told him I was going through MCAT studying he was like “Oh you should do something that has a faster route. More time for family. Don't you want to be a mother?”

I wanted to talk about women’s health and how most women don’t get taken serious during their visits because of the stereotype that we’re weak, emotional, and dependent on a man. Pretty much talk about my female empowerment/feminist side... Appropriate or no?

I could also talk about witnessing my parents being discriminated and disrespected for not speaking English (I’m a first gen Latina).

AM I BEING TOO SENSITIVE OR SOMETHING?!!!
Off with his head!!!!!!! That’s horrible.

II today, complete end of June.
For those who have interviewed here, could you comment a bit on what the day was like? Impressions, difficulty of the interviews, etc? Were they open or closed file? Thanks!

For those who have interviewed here, could you comment a bit on what the day was like? Impressions, difficulty of the interviews, etc? Were they open or closed file? Thanks!

I had one open one closed (I think she just hadn't read, not like it was supposed to be closed), interviews are relaxed. School is SO inviting, kind, and welcoming. They really try to make you feel at home. It's a fun day with enthusiastic and sweet admissions dept. and faculty. :) They really impressed me

hhap1234 - Mind sharing ballpark of your stats?

I had one open one closed (I think she just hadn't read, not like it was supposed to be closed), interviews are relaxed. School is SO inviting, kind, and welcoming. They really try to make you feel at home. It's a fun day with enthusiastic and sweet admissions dept. and faculty. :) They really impressed me

I felt the same way!
Both of my interviews were open file though...

has anyone interviewed at Temple location/care to share their experience?

has anyone interviewed at Temple location/care to share their experience?
I interviewed there 2 years ago. I liked it. They give you the same info as college station. Only difference is that you’re in a hospital all day. I really liked the tour there.

Sup fam,

Current M4 here at A&M - studying on the Dallas campus. On a pretty light rotation so let me know if you have any questions about the school/curriculum and such. Our class was the first to do the 18 month deal here.

Hi, what advice do you have for interview at Texas A&M?

I've read the old threads but can someone clarify how the current program works? ie, does everyone start out at the same campus and then branch off as MS2 or MS3's or ?? I'm just a little confused as to how this program works and the previous threads and their website don't seem to paint a clear picture.

@stylish42
just enjoy it homie. Go find out what A&M has to offer and figure out if you'd be happy on one of the campuses that we have to offer. Beyond that, just be yourself in the interview. You'll have two of them with some random faculty member, and it may or may not involve pretty structured "what do you think about ____?" questions. Just roll with the punches, stay humble, and express genuine interest in medicine... you'll be just fine.

@esob

Hey homie - the way it works right now is that everyone starts as an MS1 on the main campus in College Station/Bryan then branches off second year to whatever campus you're designated to. This designation happens sometime after you start first year and you submit a priority list or whatever to where you'd want to go and the reasons why. Only exception is Houston that you move to that campus halfway through your second year.
After you move campuses - you'll finish out your pre-clinical curriculum for that first semester of MS2 then go off and start rotations->step 1-> more rotations -> and boom you're a doctor congrats

@stylish42
just enjoy it homie. Go find out what A&M has to offer and figure out if you'd be happy on one of the campuses that we have to offer. Beyond that, just be yourself in the interview. You'll have two of them with some random faculty member, and it may or may not involve pretty structured "what do you think about ____?" questions. Just roll with the punches, stay humble, and express genuine interest in medicine... you'll be just fine.

@esob

Hey homie - the way it works right now is that everyone starts as an MS1 on the main campus in College Station/Bryan then branches off second year to whatever campus you're designated to. This designation happens sometime after you start first year and you submit a priority list or whatever to where you'd want to go and the reasons why. Only exception is Houston that you move to that campus halfway through your second year.
After you move campuses - you'll finish out your pre-clinical curriculum for that first semester of MS2 then go off and start rotations->step 1-> more rotations -> and boom you're a doctor congrats

Thanks, so can you stay in college station all 4 years? What constitutes priority for campus selection? I have a house and family in DFW, so I was planning to sell my house and buy a home wherever I go to med school for 4 years, but if owning a home in DFW would give me preference, I would either rent it out or just let it sit for a year so I could come back to it b/c I love the house.

Has anyone interviewed for enmed and can shed some light on the process? I remember there being an 8/30 interview

Thanks, so can you stay in college station all 4 years? What constitutes priority for campus selection? I have a house and family in DFW, so I was planning to sell my house and buy a home wherever I go to med school for 4 years, but if owning a home in DFW would give me preference, I would either rent it out or just let it sit for a year so I could come back to it b/c I love the house.

It can really be anything honestly - for me I talked about where my family and significant other at the time were as well as what cities I knew I would be most happy in and which I wouldn't. Other folks have families or wives/husbands in specific places. Some literally just put that they just want to be in a bigger/smaller city. Tbh if your family stayed back in Dallas while you were doing your first year in BCS and you told them you had a family back in dallas - you most likely will get dallas haha

But yeah you can stay in College station all 4 years as well.

II just now!

They called me via phone.

LizzyM: 70
Secondary Complete: 6/28

Wait, u got a phone call for an II? Is that normal for A&M? I just got a regular old email. And here I thought I was special :D

A lady called me when I was driving and asked if I would like to interview. 15 minutes later I got the e-mail haha. I've never heard of TAMU calling someone, so I thought it was fake at first!

A lady called me when I was driving and asked if I would like to interview. 15 minutes later I got the e-mail haha. I've never heard of TAMU calling someone, so I thought it was fake at first!

hmm, gives me an idea for some prank calls, lol. Now I just need to get a list of phone numbers of students who have applied to medical school and I'll have a new hit youtube series: "Med school applicants get cranked" :eek::roflcopter:

Does anyone know when the last interview date for A&M is? I'm seeing all these people who completed in July just now getting interviews and I'm super hella nervous because I just submitted my secondary...