2018-2019 The Commonwealth Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get a postcard from an interviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected post-II by mail with really quick turnaround.

I interviewed here just three weeks ago
Sorry to hear. I hope you get in at another school!

Is it okay if i ask if it was through email or snail mail? I also interviewed 3 weeks ago and am preparing myself since I don't think I did well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I was so impressed that it was handwritten as well! Definitely a nice touch and something to add to my memory box :)

Mine was typed and I’m not sure who wrote it. But they definitely make an effort to make us feel appreciated and like they are excited for us to matriculate there. I love it!

Reactions: 1 user
Mine was typed and I’m not sure who wrote it. But they definitely make an effort to make us feel appreciated and like they are excited for us to matriculate there. I love it!
Yes I really love how GCSoM makes us feel like they are happy to have us! It's so refreshing after months of trying to convince schools to want me during applications lol

Yes I really love how GCSoM makes us feel like they are happy to have us! It's so refreshing after months of trying to convince schools to want me during applications lol
Just out of curiosity, were you guys already accepted? Or was this before a decision?

Do any current students know how to increase chances of getting accepted after being deferred? I'd really love to attend this school but wasn't sure what else I could do except mail in an update.

Does anyone know when that application station certiphi thing is due? I dont want to drop $55, if I end up withdrawing from here. Thanks!

Does anyone know when that application station certiphi thing is due? I dont want to drop $55, if I end up withdrawing from here. Thanks!

The certiphi background check should be free to fill out and send to schools. You only pay if you want to obtain a copy of the report before sending to schools.

The certiphi background check should be free to fill out and send to schools. You only pay if you want to obtain a copy of the report before sending to schools.
geisinger combines the certiphi with the child abuse clearance and PATCH check which is why the cost is what it is

Members don't see this ad :)
Geisinger's Certiphi requirement is for PATCH and Child Abuse check as mentioned above. If doing it yourself both of the results come back within 24 hours (PATCH has been instant for me in the past), Certiphi seems to take a little bit longer, but should only be a few days. IIRC it's due in June, so you should have plenty of time between committing to enroll through AMCAS and completing all the Certiphi checks. That being said, FBI check can take quite a while so sooner is better than later on that one.

Hi guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there uber or Lyft there to get from the airport to Scranton? Thanks

does anyone know if the committee meets on specific days/sends out decisions on certain days?

Reactions: 2 users
just got a II here - unexpected but exciting!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II but will be declining. Hope it goes to someone still waiting!

Does anyone know anything about being on the interview waitlist? How long does the school interview for and what are the chances of receiving a II from being on this waitlist?

Reactions: 3 users
I haven’t heard anything back since Sep. is it a good sign for getting an II this late?!

Have you been on hold before?

I have no idea if its a good sign or not. It seemed like there were 2 dates left when I looked at the calendar, and those are next week. I was complete in July and no was not on hold at any point

So has everyone been getting their decisions back in that 6-8 week timeframe they gave?

II back in sept, interview in October, deferred in December. Haven’t heard since. Sent my 2 significant updates. Still heard nothing in Feb.

I have gotten an A elsewhere, but GCSOM is my top choice. Idek if I can send a LOI at this point since I sent 2 updates. Anyone have advice for improving my chances? Really vibed here and would love to go.

II back in sept, interview in October, deferred in December. Haven’t heard since. Sent my 2 significant updates. Still heard nothing in Feb.

I have gotten an A elsewhere, but GCSOM is my top choice. Idek if I can send a LOI at this point since I sent 2 updates. Anyone have advice for improving my chances? Really vibed here and would love to go.

I sent a LOI and was told that counted for one of my updates. You might be able to email admissions though and just ask them. Worst case scenario they tell you that you cannot send anything else, but you've at least showed further interest. Per last year's thread, waitlist was started around end of March so fingers crossed we aren't kept in limbo for much longer... I am in same boat as you. I need to start apartment-hunting near my other acceptance, but am trying to hold out as long as possible.

So has everyone been getting their decisions back in that 6-8 week timeframe they gave?

Took them 9.5 weeks for me ... but it's better than the 12 I had to wait for Drexel :laugh:

I sent a LOI and was told that counted for one of my updates. You might be able to email admissions though and just ask them. Worst case scenario they tell you that you cannot send anything else, but you've at least showed further interest. Per last year's thread, waitlist was started around end of March so fingers crossed we aren't kept in limbo for much longer... I am in same boat as you. I need to start apartment-hunting near my other acceptance, but am trying to hold out as long as possible.

Did you guys just send your 2 significant updates to the admissions email? Never saw anything on the GCSOM portal about updates (ie how Drexel has it set up) so I never sent them, kicking myself for not knowing this

Did you guys just send your 2 significant updates to the admissions email? Never saw anything on the GCSOM portal about updates (ie how Drexel has it set up) so I never sent them, kicking myself for not knowing this

Yes, I just sent it to the admissions email and they said they would put it with the rest of my application file. I also did not see a link on the application portal.

It’s a rough wait, hope we’re both seeing each other next year

Would you mind sharing what made GCSOM your top choice? I haven't really read enough about GCSOM to have a strong impression about it yet

Called admissions and they said that they won't accept any further communication beyond the 2 updates that you have sent. I pushed a bit to squeeze out some more info in case anyone else was wondering and she said that they're really just looking for updates regarding a full semester of grades or publications because they show tangible results. She said that such updates should be brief updates that don't need to include fluff (they know you're interested from your app and interview). I asked about timing and she said the most effective ones (for those who haven't already submitted the max of 2) are those who wait until they get waitlisted, if they do, to send the 2nd one because it shows that you're in it for the long haul and have continued interest. She even said that quite a few (didn't have a number) didn't send their first update until after the waitlist notification and the adcom responded well to those who waited so they could send a meaningful one with the substance mentioned previously. The theme of her advice was to not burn the updates quickly and to sit tight because it's a marathon. Let me know if I could elaborate on anything.

This forum needs more ****posting

Is anyone else with an interview here on Monday worried about the snow?

Do they call or email with acceptances/deferrals/WL?

Wait they will even email an acceptance?
So I actually emailed them about this and they said they notified rejections and acceptances via regular mail. That said, I did get my deferment via email.