2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They can ask about anything that's in there, my first question was concerning my MCAT score (510) , which was odd since I thought that's the whole point of a pre-interview screen so goes to show you that everything in your file is fair game.

510 is a great score! I wonder why they would ask that if you don't mind me asking...

Members don't see this ad.

510 is a great score! I wonder why they would ask that if you don't mind me asking...
I have no idea, they asked me to explain to them the score and if I was going to retake it lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply! I assume they wouldn't ask questions like "tell me about yourself" then? Since they already have my file
Strangely enough, that was exactly the first question they asked me. But then they got into more specific questions about experiences, MCAT, grades, etc

Strangely enough, that was exactly the first question they asked me. But then they got into more specific questions about experiences, MCAT, grades, etc

For that question, did you give them an overview of the experiences on your application or did you talk about something that was not on your app? I read that for open file interview, it is advised to say something that's not on the app to stand out. However, according to interview feedback on sdn, touro's interview is pretty much interviewee led. I'm afraid that if I don't talk abt my app it would hinder them from asking questions abt my experiences on the app. What do you think?

For that question, did you give them an overview of the experiences on your application or did you talk about something that was not on your app? I read that for open file interview, it is advised to say something that's not on the app to stand out. However, according to interview feedback on sdn, touro's interview is pretty much interviewee led. I'm afraid that if I don't talk abt my app it would hinder them from asking questions abt my experiences on the app. What do you think?
My advisor gave me amazing advice for this question beforehand: The interviewers already had a chance to read through the entire app, so take the opportunity to talk about yourself as a person. I talked about family history, home environment growing up, that sort of thing. And to make it really strong, circle back what values these experiences instilled in you that will make you a good physician. My advisor also cautioned against giving a whole memoir, so I tried to keep it brief (about 60-90 seconds). Hope this helps :)

Edit: To add- if any of my questions led to sort of a "dead end" then they didn't hesitate steering questions in a new direction.

My advisor gave me amazing advice for this question beforehand: The interviewers already had a chance to read through the entire app, so take the opportunity to talk about yourself as a person. I talked about family history, home environment growing up, that sort of thing. And to make it really strong, circle back what values these experiences instilled in you that will make you a good physician. My advisor also cautioned against giving a whole memoir, so I tried to keep it brief (about 60-90 seconds). Hope this helps :)

Edit: To add- if any of my questions led to sort of a "dead end" then they didn't hesitate steering questions in a new direction.
That is great advice! Thank you!

Declined my acceptance today in favor of warmer weather, however this is a great program and I hope it goes to one of you who will be ecstatic to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today via email!!! Interviewed on 12/17 with pretty average stats, but really felt like I fit their mission!

Mind sharing your stats porfavor?! Thanks in advance

Anybody know if and when they'll send out more invites for interviews? I still haven't heard from them and I saw on their website they said they offer interviews till May?

January interviewers at Middletown are still waiting to hear back, I wonder if it'll take that long for us at Harlem. I had another interview where sent in 2-3 weeks, at Harlem they said 4-6 which seems really long!
They’re really weird with response times. They waitlisted me 6 days after interviewing. I interviewed early February

Just got an interview invite.

Does anyone know how filled up the class is at this point? I interviewed last week and I’m super nervous rn bc it’s pretty much convention that post March interview is automatically waitlisted if not rejected. My status as an international student doesn’t help either...

Does anyone know how filled up the class is at this point? I interviewed last week and I’m super nervous rn bc it’s pretty much convention that post March interview is automatically waitlisted if not rejected. My status as an international student doesn’t help either...

There's only like 66 people in the FB group and i think over 10 of them are current students

II 01/07/19, now WL 02/24- Middletown campus, no change till then. Any update (hope for acceptance). I am CDN applicant.

Do they have WL priority list?

Has any late Feb/early March interviewee heard back from Touro-Harlem?

• Hmm
Interview on 4/10. Does anyone know if we are just interviewing for a waitlist spot? Thanks.

Has this been addressed by the school? Do you have any other information beyond this blog posting? Thanks for sharing, just want to make sure we have the whole picture.

I do have more information! I think it's fair to post Dr. Lockhart's side of the story as well to provide a more complete picture. I'm happy to answer any questions, as well. The initial incident was reported to the head of the OMM class, as outlined in the syllabus for any injury occurring during OMM. The dean, dean of students, and head of OASIS were all made aware.

Kelsey Adair- Triathlete: If You See Something, Say Something

Attachments

• 2017-11-15 Lockhart Depo Tran (FULL).pdf
    387.9 KB · Views: 207
Today marks 4-week post interview for those of us who interviewed on March 4th. The wait has been long and tough. Hopefully we can all hear back some good news soon!

What is the wait-list movement like?

The admissions said that they would not look at the waitlist till mid May, which is when the second deposit is due. According to last year’s thread they dig pretty deep into the waitlist so I remain hopeful:)

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview coming up, can someone tell me what I can expect? I know it's a 1-on-2 interview but what kind of questions do they like to ask? Do they ask a lot of hard-hitting, application-critical questions or is it more generic interview questions. Just want some feedback on what kind of vibe and approach I should expect

Got an interview coming up, can someone tell me what I can expect? I know it's a 1-on-2 interview but what kind of questions do they like to ask? Do they ask a lot of hard-hitting, application-critical questions or is it more generic interview questions. Just want some feedback on what kind of vibe and approach I should expect
Good cop/bad cop style. Open file. May get an ethical question or 2 but not everyone gets one. ~30 minutes.

Good luck!

Good cop/bad cop style. Open file. May get an ethical question or 2 but not everyone gets one. ~30 minutes.

Good luck!

Just wanted to add- my interview seemed to be closed file, so I think it depends on who's interviewing you (although mine was also bad cop good cop).

at harlem? if so, what time??!

AND CONGRATS!

yes at harlem campus! I was waitlisted on Apr 5th so I was really surprised by the quick turnaround.
Congrats! That's so exciting!! When were you waitlisted? Did you send an LOI?

Apr 5th! No I did not send an LOI since being waitlisted.

Congrats!! Have you sent an LOI/followed up since?

No I did not:)

Whoa whoa! What were your stats like? GPA and MCAT?

LM of 70.

Anyone know when they actually stop interviewing? Or does anyone here still have an upcoming date?