2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you put your deposit down? I am unaware of a Middletown 2023 page yet, but there is a middletown student specific facebook page as well as a buying or selling student specific page (with housing details) you have to be approved by the SGA president before entering. I can give you his email if you send me a private message.

I am still deciding on housing myself, but what I can tell you is, whatever you do, dont live at boulder point. According to those facebook pages, current students are having a lot of trouble with them.
Hello! I've put my deposit down here and was also hoping to get the email of the SGA president to join the group if you could PM me! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. If you would, I'd like the SGA president's email so I can join the Facebook page you mentioned :) it wouldn't let me send you a private message
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Hi there,

I am not sure why I can't start a private conversation either. I dont want to bombard the SGA with random emails, so I wont post that stuff here. I would just email frank rose with your acceptance notification and ask him if you could get in touch with current students to ask questions about housing, etc... That's what I did and he got me in contact with the SGA president and was then informed about the private facebook pages.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the office is closed next week and the week after? I interviewed on 11/12 and so if the 11/5 group is receiving their decisions this week, that means my group probably won’t hear back until after new year? Gosh this is taking so long and I’m getting antsy. :/
Yeah i also interviewed 11/12 and am wondering the same thing and feel your pain. They said 4-6 weeks and yet it seems they've been taking longer than that so idk. Has anyone spoken to Frank about 11/12 interview group? I really dont want to wait until after the holidays!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing --> hopefully one of you lovely SDN'ers grabs it. Good luck everyone.

throwing down the deposit for my spot. so excited to become a doctor with you guys who will go here!!!!!!

Yeah i also interviewed 11/12 and am wondering the same thing and feel your pain. They said 4-6 weeks and yet it seems they've been taking longer than that so idk. Has anyone spoken to Frank about 11/12 interview group? I really dont want to wait until after the holidays!!

They're waiting until after the holidays

Hello Everyone, any tips for interview day? How should I prepare? Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone, current OMS-1 here at the Middletown Campus! Congrats to all that have been accepted so far and to those on the waitlist, still interviewing etc know to trust the process (even though I know its hard to do right now!). Just wanted to say that if anyone has any questions about housing, student life, life in Middletown etc please don't hesitate to ask I will be happy to answer. I will probably be quick with my responses right now as life with second semester won't be crazy until mid January and even then will try my best to answer everyone's questions!

Hello Everyone, any tips for interview day? How should I prepare? Thank you in advance!

This interview was by far the most straightforward and enjoyable one I’ve had, just know your resume well, understand the school’s mission statement, and know why DO. You’ll do great!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This interview was by far the most straightforward and enjoyable one I’ve had, just know your resume well, understand the school’s mission statement, and know why DO. You’ll do great!
I second this

Hey guys! How long does the interview day here last approximately? I'm asking for travel purposes

Hey guys! How long does the interview day here last approximately? I'm asking for travel purposes
Hello! It was a relatively long interview day. I believe it was 8am-3ish pm but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Just got an II! Anyone have any advice?
just be yourself!!! everyone says that and it's so cliche but it's the best thing! it really isn't a stressful interview at all just know your application :)

Put my deposit down today! Can’t wait to meet some of you guys and become a doctor. :)

A lot of people on here seem to be putting down deposits... Considering there are only 100 DO class spots for non-MS students, I wonder if they're gonna start throwing tons of people onto the waitlist soon. :(

Anyone have any updates about the 11/12 interview group? Anyone heard anything? Thanks!

I forgot, do they call and let you know if you get in or is it just an email/ letter?

Hi guys, for those of you that traveled to interview, did you stay close to the school or the city? Any place that you recommend?
Also, is there public transport from Middletown to Harlem?

Hi guys, for those of you that traveled to interview, did you stay close to the school or the city? Any place that you recommend?
Also, is there public transport from Middletown to Harlem?
I stayed close to the school. SleepInn? It’s about 10 mins away.

So I know Touro doesn't have scholarships from first-year students but are there outside scholarships for first-years or if anyone has a resource for scholarships?

Anyone else from mid november get a pit in their stomach every time they check their email?

So I know Touro doesn't have scholarships from first-year students but are there outside scholarships for first-years or if anyone has a resource for scholarships?

Hi there,

this may be obvious but scholarships.com and websites similar to that are good sources of random scholarships and scholarships that cater to specific demographics. Although some of them don't specifically say for graduate or medical school students, you are more than likely still eligible for them. For example, I found a scholarship that fit my specific demographics that awards 5 gifts of up to 5000 each year. I reached out to the foundation and confirmed that I would be eligible. If you aren't sure, just ask.

I also know of a few organizations that I was a part of in Undergrad that offer some graduate fellowships and what not. I'm likely to apply to those as well.

Just got an email, there has been a delay in decisions and we won’t find out more from my interview date at least (November 19th) till January 18th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email, there has been a delay in decisions and we won’t find out more from my interview date at least (November 19th) till January 18th.

That's Strange. why do you think that is?

Same here! Weather delay. Not sure what’s up but it’s such a scary email with the “unfortunately starting sentence”. I seriously can’t handle this waiting any longer. I think I need a psychiatric evaluation after this. :(

11/12 interviewee here. still haven't heard back. They said by the end of this week?

I was 11/19 and they told me next Friday, not sure if it’s a different date for you but obviously this Friday would make sense. Hope that helps you calm down cause god knows I’m panicking every day all day lol

Hi! I'm also traveling from out of state! did u find out the best way to get there? thanks!
Hi I’m also traveling from out of state. Did you even found out how to get there from the airport? To which airport did you flight to?

Hi I’m also traveling from out of state. Did you even found out how to get there from the airport? To which airport did you flight to?
fly into JFK/LGA (in queens) and then take a bus or rental car from there. I heard a few people took ubers, but that's super expensive. you could also fly into PHL and it'd be about a 2 hour drive or so to Middletown... just depends on where you're coming from and what you're willing to do

fly into JFK/LGA (in queens) and then take a bus or rental car from there. I heard a few people took ubers, but that's super expensive. you could also fly into PHL and it'd be about a 2 hour drive or so to Middletown... just depends on where you're coming from and what you're willing to do

Newark is a huge airport that would be much closer than PHL. Also, Stewart International is actually in Orange County and may have flights. Depending on where your coming from, it may be a connecting flight.

Newark is a huge airport that would be much closer than PHL. Also, Stewart International is actually in Orange County and may have flights. Depending on where your coming from, it may be a connecting flight.

didn't even think of that for some reason - deff fly to newark instead of philly if you choose PA/NJ. It may be cheaper to fly to bigger airports. newark is like right on the side of i95 too so if you get a rental car, bus, whatever, it's a straight shot and you may avoid traffic

I flew into Newark International Airport, rented a car, and drove to SleepInn hotel near the school. It took about 1 hr to get there from the airport. Make sure to rent the EZ pass toll fee device to put in your car, otherwise, you will have to stop at all toll booths to pay.

I flew to SWF airport, and it took me 25 min by rental car to the hotel near the school.

If you receive an interview for the Middletown campus are you automatically taken out of consideration at the Harlem campus? Or will they still consider your application until they fill the class? Interviewing 1/28 at Middletown.

Also to comment on flights, Im flying spirit airlines to Newark and got a rental car and it was about $200 cheaper than flying into any NY airport.

11/12 interviewees do you think we'll finally hear tomorrow? Fingers crossed!