2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current OMS-1 at TUNCOM. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle. Will be lurking a bit and able to answer some questions when I’ve got the extra time. Positive vibes sent. :)

Members don't see this ad.

For the health professions section, are you guys strictly putting just shadowing experience? For example, I work as a medical scribe so should I put that under employment or health professions or both? I also volunteered at a clinic, so Im not sure whether to put that under volunteer experience or health professions

Talk about your experiences scribing whenever possible. I was a scribe for nearly 4 years and quite frankly it made a major impact on how I see myself practicing medicine one day. Talk about how it may have done the same for you and how you’ve reflected on the experience. Doesn’t really matter what section. Don’t remember where I put mine. Good luck.

just got an email saying
"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision"
anyone else?
fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
just got an email saying
"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and you will be notified soon with the next decision"
anyone else?
fingers crossed
Are you IS or OOS?
I also got an email from them about my application being under review but it wasn’t worded in the way you put above. Wonder if I’m just thinking too much into it?

Are you IS or OOS?
I also got an email from them about my application being under review but it wasn’t worded in the way you put above. Wonder if I’m just thinking too much into it?
OOS
i got a diff email from them like earlier in the week saying they started reviewing my app whether id be "eliminated or are invited for a campus interview" im assuming u mean this one?
if it means you should be hearing back soon probs~

OOS
i got a diff email from them like earlier in the week saying they started reviewing my app whether id be "eliminated or are invited for a campus interview" im assuming u mean this one?
if it means you should be hearing back soon probs~
Yep thats the one I got! Thank you!! I'm so paranoid about it because it's one of my top choices! appreciate the response :)

Reactions: 1 user
just got an email saying
anyone else?
fingers crossed

Did you receive the “supplemental application received” before getting this one?

MS1 here - feel free to ask any questions about the whole application process or about TUNCOM! We just finished a tiring week long of orientation, but I must say it's been a good learning experience and the faculty/staff are very friendly and caring. My classmates overall are really nice and friendly as well.

Some personal tips to those of you applying (or thinking of applying):
1. Stay positive and resilient throughout the process. Everyone applying will get rejected somewhere, but my personal belief is that if you genuinely want and deserve to become a doctor, you will get into medical school.

2. Be patient. It's a long process, with IIs being given all the way til May. Stop checking your email every five minutes, instead set your phone so you get email notifications, and use the rest of your time doing whatever you've been doing instead.

3. Stop trying to figure out how the adcoms work. For all we know, they could be getting their interviewees by pulling names out of a hat. Only people from the actual admissions committee would know how they're selecting people for interviews, or whether you're a good fit for their school, etc. Fellow applicants telling you what they heard isn't good enough, nor will comparing your stats with accepted applicants tell you whether or not you'll be accepted. Just put in an early and honest application, one that you worked hard on, and hope for the best. It really is all you can (and need) to do.

4. Lastly, stop comparing yourself to other people. I see so many people here trying to understand the application game by asking each other for their stats, when their interview date was, when they got this or that email, etc etc etc. All this does in my opinion is make you more nervous, because now you're thinking "they got ____, why didn't I get it?" Not everyone who interviews early in September/October gets in, and there are plenty of qualified applicants who interview as late as April/May who do get in. You're unique, and you worked hard for a long time to be able to even be in a position to apply to medical school. Your time will come.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the secondary prompts & word limits?

just got an email saying
anyone else?
fingers crossed

I got this before my II last year. Pre-congrats

Has anyone else still not received a secondary ? Should I contact ?

My physician's letter is not on letterhead I guess and they are refusing to accept the letter unless it's on letterhead. Guess my road ends here!

I got an email that I was invited to submit a secondary but when I log in there are no questions and no area to enter in any info about internships/shadowing/resume stuff. It literally asks for like emergency contact info, basic questions and then to submit. In the email I got though it mentions a "TUN Supplemental Questions Section" and says there is a form I need to fill out and upload but I don't see that anywhere. Will that be sent later or am I missing something?

Thanks!

I got an email that I was invited to submit a secondary but when I log in there are no questions and no area to enter in any info about internships/shadowing/resume stuff. It literally asks for like emergency contact info, basic questions and then to submit. In the email I got though it mentions a "TUN Supplemental Questions Section" and says there is a form I need to fill out and upload but I don't see that anywhere. Will that be sent later or am I missing something?

Thanks!
theres a link on the portal with a word doc with a bunch of questions that is labelled TUN Supplemental Questions somewhere i forget exactly where. you need to answer them on a word doc and re-upload it to the portal

theres a link on the portal with a word doc with a bunch of questions that is labelled TUN Supplemental Questions somewhere i forget exactly where. you need to answer them on a word doc and re-upload it to the portal
What are the questions?

Yeah turns out there is a glitch with the browser I was using and the application, which explains why I was seeing absolutely nothing except the general questions. Thank you!

Yeah turns out there is a glitch with the browser I was using and the application, which explains why I was seeing absolutely nothing except the general questions. Thank you!
Wait, what are the questions? Are there prompts? Under the Suplemental Questions section I just see the Technical Standards doc, and the
Experience/Awards blurbs. is that all there is, right?

Wait, what are the questions? Are there prompts? Under the Suplemental Questions section I just see the Technical Standards doc, and the
Experience/Awards blurbs. is that all there is, right?

No questions, just experiences and awards and the technical standards doc. My issue was that I didn't have any of that at first and had to use a different browser. There are no questions, just filling out resume stuff.

No questions, just experiences and awards and the technical standards doc. My issue was that I didn't have any of that at first and had to use a different browser. There are no questions, just filling out resume stuff.
oh ok! Thank you!! I panicked a little because I thought you meant there were additional questions! Thank you for the reply!

oh ok! Thank you!! I panicked a little because I thought you meant there were additional questions! Thank you for the reply!

No, sorry haha I was just seeing everyone post about the tech standards form and resume stuff and I didn't have that, don't worry you're all good!

II just now via email!

complete 7/27
In review 8/2
final review 8/3
II 8/7

II this morning as well

II today also. What's the interview format like?

Is anyone else having trouble with the TUN Supplemental Questions section of the secondary? I click on the buttons (save, save and continue, upload document for tech standards) but none of them work. I tried it in both google chrome and safari, but I can't do anything and my responses don't save.

Edit: The buttons don't work for any of the sections for me, I can't even click the log out button. I submitted a tech support message

That's what happened to me, use firefox and it worked like a charm, or delete all the cookies and history from whatever browser you're using.

do they send out an additional email when your application is under final review? The last email i got from them was i was under review. What makes a person move to final review? Is it based on stats or just in order of when they receive applications?

Submitted primary June 11. Didn’t get secondary until yesterday.

OOS
Primary submitted June 29
Secondary received and submitted July 20
In review August 2
Final review August 5
Interview invite today

I was complete on 7/27
email regarding in review on 8/2
application in final review a few hours later on 8/2
II 8/6

MS1 here - feel free to ask any questions about the whole application process or about TUNCOM! We just finished a tiring week long of orientation, but I must say it's been a good learning experience and the faculty/staff are very friendly and caring. My classmates overall are really nice and friendly as well.

1. Stay positive and resilient throughout the process. Everyone applying will get rejected somewhere, but my personal belief is that if you genuinely want and deserve to become a doctor, you will get into medical school.

2. Be patient. It's a long process, with IIs being given all the way til May. Stop checking your email every five minutes, instead set your phone so you get email notifications, and use the rest of your time doing whatever you've been doing instead.

3. Stop trying to figure out how the adcoms work. For all we know, they could be getting their interviewees by pulling names out of a hat. Only people from the actual admissions committee would know how they're selecting people for interviews, or whether you're a good fit for their school, etc. Fellow applicants telling you what they heard isn't good enough, nor will comparing your stats with accepted applicants tell you whether or not you'll be accepted. Just put in an early and honest application, one that you worked hard on, and hope for the best. It really is all you can (and need) to do.

4. Lastly, stop comparing yourself to other people. I see so many people here trying to understand the application game by asking each other for their stats, when their interview date was, when they got this or that email, etc etc etc. All this does in my opinion is make you more nervous, because now you're thinking "they got ____, why didn't I get it?" Not everyone who interviews early in September/October gets in, and there are plenty of qualified applicants who interview as late as April/May who do get in. You're unique, and you worked hard for a long time to be able to even be in a position to apply to medical school. Your time will come.
Yes! finally, someone said the right thing - don't compare yourself with other people...it will drive you literally insane.

Can I private message you with some questions?
Thanks!

OOS
Primary submitted June 29
Secondary received and submitted July 20
In review August 2
Final review August 5
Interview invite today

Congrats on the interview!
Strange how long they waited to send secondaries to some who submitted primaries very early.
Maybe they don't necessarily review primaries in the order they come in.

How long does it take to receive a secondary

For the people who received interview invites, did you guys just lit your employment, volunteer, research, etc experiences? Or did you also elaborate on these experiences?

I am unsure because on the Touro-CA application, they want us to include this info along with responsbilites, hours worked, how long we worked there. So should we list the experiences and include this information?

OR should we write about the experiences in paragraph form? Advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
For the people who received interview invites, did you guys just lit your employment, volunteer, research, etc experiences? Or did you also elaborate on these experiences?

I am unsure because on the Touro-CA application, they want us to include this info along with responsbilites, hours worked, how long we worked there. So should we list the experiences and include this information?

OR should we write about the experiences in paragraph form? Advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
i just gave a brief description in paragraph form, kinda just re-hashing primary, but shorter

I listed them and briefly described the experiences in 2-3 sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.