2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Touro U (nevada, cali, NY) use the same secondary prompt? If not, can someone please provide the prompt for us? thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Touro U (nevada, cali, NY) use the same secondary prompt? If not, can someone please provide the prompt for us? thank you!!

No secondary prompts. Just fill out the boxes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hiii thank you for the response. can you elaborate on what you mean by "fill out the boxes?" Thank you!!!

There are boxes asking you to fill out your research experience, volunteering, etc.

There are boxes asking you to fill out your research experience, volunteering, etc.
Thank you!!! do you know if this applies to all Touro universities? I applied to all 3 of them.

Secondary submitted on 08/30. Under review email 09/04. I'm really hoping to get an interview invite!!

Just interviewed yesterday. It is a 20-minute traditional interview with either 1 faculty member or 2 faculty members.

Still silent at this school O_O

Members don't see this ad :)
What were the stats of those who got interviews, may I ask? Thanks!

Unfortunately had to withdraw my interview here. Hope that interview is given to one of you amazing people!

Reactions: 1 users
Learning style here is lecture right? Is it mandatory?

Just got the “under review” today.....my last LOR writer took forever!
Better late than never.

Have interview on Monday.....How soon do they let you know ? Anyone açcepted here? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
They will let you know in about 2 weeks. You can either get accepted, rejected or waitlisted here.

can someone explain how their comlex level 1 scores jumped so high from 510 in 2018 to 596 in 2019????

I believe new leadership, dean from KCU

is it a new curriculum, like the systems-based ones in rvu, kcu, dmu? huh...and i was debating between withdrawing my II here..but the huge jump in score may make me reconsider

They started doing the COMSAE before letting students take the exam...so students had to pass a mock exam before taking the real thing
Combining this with the new curriculum is why the jump is so drastic

What are the chances of acceptance if given an interview?

Trying to weigh out if the $1000 travel expense is worth it

Just thought I’d chime in. I was "under review" as of 08/20, still waiting to hear back about an interview myself

Last edited:

Not 100% sure but I know they interview a lot of people (Friend of mine is a first year here). I do know their class size is 160ish if I’m not mistaken

Learning style here is lecture right? Is it mandatory?

Only clinical skills and OMM are mandatory. And labs. I don’t really go to lectures, but I stay on schedule with the material. Just prefer to do it in my sweats on my couch.

is it a new curriculum, like the systems-based ones in rvu, kcu, dmu? huh...and i was debating between withdrawing my II here..but the huge jump in score may make me reconsider

Yes the new curriculum is systems based and we have amazing tutoring on campus for free if you need help. 11/10 would recommend and super glad I picked TUNCOM. I am OMS-1 and my class is the second to do the new curriculum.

Yes the new curriculum is systems based and we have amazing tutoring on campus for free if you need help. 11/10 would recommend and super glad I picked TUNCOM. I am OMS-1 and my class is the second to do the new curriculum.

did you pick TUNCOM over other schools? how does it compare to touro ca and touro ny?

$1000?!?!
Where are you getting this $1000 quote?
I don't specifically have an interview here (yet!), but with the interviews I have, the cost is <$400 for flights and hotel, and <$150 expenses.

Overall I expect to spend a little over $500 per interview.

Any idea when I should be contacted for an interview? I got the "under review" email on August 20th (08/20). Appreciate the help!

Same my interview was pretty stressful too. Depends on the interviewers I guess. 6th interview & definitely the roughest this far here
Interesting that the experience with interviews was so different for us. What made it stressful if you don’t mind me asking? I guess I would expect more consistency

Interviewed yesterday..pretty straightforward. They say they'll let me know by October 3rd..

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.