2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anxiously waiting for this next week or two, hoping Tulane hits me with that acceptance!!
Best of luck to you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still not getting the under review sign and people who finished 3-4 weeks after me have it already. Shouldn’t I call to see what’s wrong? I’m confused why my application isn’t being reviewed yet when I submitted it a long time ago

I’m still not getting the under review sign and people who finished 3-4 weeks after me have it already. Shouldn’t I call to see what’s wrong? I’m confused why my application isn’t being reviewed yet when I submitted it a long time ago
I would just be patient for now, there are a lot of applications going through now. I wouldn't rush the process yet.

Don't call. If everything else in your portal has a green check mark except for the "In Progress" part, there's nothing you can or should do but wait. They specifically write "The admissions office does not accept phone calls, email or communication regarding the status of your application," next to it, and if you call to see "what's wrong", that would be calling about your status...

Reactions: 1 users
Finally under review. Complete mid-August.

Super excited to next be put in the hold or rejection pile.

:soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any clue when decisions might be sent? No one in my interview group asked. This is my top choice and the wait is killer

Does anyone have any clue when decisions might be sent? No one in my interview group asked. This is my top choice and the wait is killer
Was told that it's highly dependent on how fast the adcoms ranking your application are. After your rank is in you'll be put in the pile for the group committee and after that you'll get notified within a week or two. I was told as a late September applicant that I'll probably hear back a week or two after the 15th.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted...wow I’m at a loss of words..this is surreal

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also acceptance range. Totally heartbroken right now. Hope there's some movement this year.

Don't call. If everything else in your portal has a green check mark except for the "In Progress" part, there's nothing you can or should do but wait. They specifically write "The admissions office does not accept phone calls, email or communication regarding the status of your application," next to it, and if you call to see "what's wrong", that would be calling about your status...
Thank you so much for the advice. I just got put under review complete 8/16. Here is hoping :)

Waitlisted post-II :(

But was also accepted to my top choice today, so this doesn't hurt at all! Goodluck to the rest of you :)

Also, I don't see any acceptances. Were most people put on acceptance range or did they just not send any acceptances today?

There were a couple. Look back

Ah, I see them. I heard that there's not too much waitlist movement, is that true?

It seems like there’s a lot more waitlisting this year than normal based on past threads. Might be due to the amcas policy change.

edi: in the past few years there has always been a little bit of movement

Waitlisted post-II :(

But was also accepted to my top choice today, so this doesn't hurt at all! Goodluck to the rest of you :)

Also, I don't see any acceptances. Were most people put on acceptance range or did they just not send any acceptances today?

are you going to withdraw bc of the other school? Congrats on your acceptance

My second waitlist of the day. This was not a great October 15 for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted today, but got an acceptance from another school. Still thankful this school was interested and it’s not over yet.

When did all of you interview? Anyone from early October hear back yet?

I interviewed 9/27. Still haven't heard anything back!

anyone knows about the WL movement from last year? Did a lot of people get off the WL?

Accepted - Interviewed 8/30. I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor :')

Reactions: 11 users
I checked out last year's thread and barely anyone was taken off the waitlist. I don't know if it will be different this year.
idk. This year may be different due to AAMC change. Other schools put more people on WLs as well

Waitlisted. Felt like my standardized patient interaction and med student interview went well. Felt iffy about my faculty interview. Nice immigrant professor guy but he talked for 70% of the interview so I didn't feel like I had the opportunity to really say anything substantive.

Accepted Range.

Interviewed on 8/30. Second waitlist of the day - not a great feeling but there's still hope! Hopefully with the AAMC policy change there will be more waitlist movement than previous years.

Accepted!! Can't believe I almost didn't apply to this school when making my list.

Reactions: 7 users
My second waitlist of the day. This was not a great October 15 for me.
Hang in there bud. It'll come soon.
Waitlisted. Felt like my standardized patient interaction and med student interview went well. Felt iffy about my faculty interview. Nice immigrant professor guy but he talked for 70% of the interview so I didn't feel like I had the opportunity to really say anything substantive.
I feel you man...best of luck
Accepted!! Can't believe I almost didn't apply to this school when making my list.
Congrats, When did you interview?