2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any chance at all that I''ll get off the interview hold list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the post II acceptance rate really around 60% still? Seems like vast majority of people are put on acceptance range, which is what the email also says, and that waitlist movement happens but is small.

Is the post II acceptance rate really around 60% still? Seems like vast majority of people are put on acceptance range, which is what the email also says, and that waitlist movement happens but is small.

What email are you referring to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also where did you get the 60% number?

Hi! Does anyone know if Tulane is receptive to post-II LOI's? My friend was put in the "Accepted Range" category and was wondering if an LOI would help her case- thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone know if Tulane is receptive to post-II LOI's? My friend was put in the "Accepted Range" category and was wondering if an LOI would help her case- thank you!
I've always heard that there's no point in sending an LOI until the spring ..

did anyone who's interviewed already hear anything yesterday or today

Just got an email for acceptance! Interviewed 9/11
Congratulations. I know you are also the same state from where I am. Hopefully I get into one of the schools next year. Want to know your ecs along with your mcat and gpa

Congratulations. I know you are also the same state from where I am. Hopefully I get into one of the schools next year. Want to know your ecs along with your mcat and gpa
Hey! Thank you! Go ahead and pm me for my stats and EC's. Thanks.

Anyone know if they rank during the preclinical years?

They report quartiles (ie you'll know if you're top 25%, 50% etc but not the exact rank within the quartile)

Edit: didn't read careully, I don't think they report anything for pre clinical

Quartile rank when you apply for residency. It is skewed heavily toward your clinical years, so while preclinical grades are included in the calculation, they are next to irrelevant because they are so outweighed by clinical years.

Reactions: 1 users
the Hold is not a soft rejection FYI!
II today after being put on hold last week. OOS. Available dates are in February!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 31 users
sorry if someone already answered this, but is there somewhere to leave luggage on interview day?

Super late to the party but hey, you never know. I submitted my secondary, but does anyone know what the red exclamation points next to the "letters of recommendation" portion of my application status are for? It says all three of my LORs have been received but i still have a red ! and my files is marked incomplete and "in progress"

II today after being put on hold last week. OOS. Available dates are in February!! So excited!!!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Good to know that, I have been on hold for exactly a month now :/ Anybody else has gotten news after being put on the hold list?

Ps: I'm new in this thread and wow I literally read all the posts since day one Lol Congrats to all those who have been recently accepted and best of Luck to all those who are still in the fight either trying to get into Tulane or any other school! Fight for your dreams and believe you can do it!! :))

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys ! Just Recieved a Hold for Possible II. TUlane is one of my top choices in terms of medical school and I was wondering if you guys would recommend sending an updated letter or email to the admissions stating my continued interest in the program .

Hey Guys ! Just Recieved a Hold for Possible II. TUlane is one of my top choices in terms of medical school and I was wondering if you guys would recommend sending an updated letter or email to the admissions stating my continued interest in the program .
Neither would hurt. Send em!

What is the turn around after being under review? Thank you!

They have this on their website:

Rejection Notice:
  • We strive to email rejection notices within 3- 5 weeks of an application being complete
  • Volume is heavy from October-December and it may take 4-5 weeks for the notice to be sent.

Reactions: 4 users
Under review 10/12, how long does it usually take? Does it just vary?

Does anyone else's portal still say "In progress" and never technically received a "complete" e-mail? I was completed early September

Reactions: 2 users
Is it normal that I submitted my secondary
9/4 but my portal still does not say “in progress” ?