2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait so “in progress” is the same as being under review?

No in progress is the step before being put under review.
1. Submit Secondary
2. In progress
3. Under Review/Complete

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 8/24, new MCAT in 9/5, under review today, 10/22

On hold, submitted secondary August 14, went under review oct 1!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"Hold for Possible Interview" today. I'm sad because I really love this school, but I will remain hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got a hold for interview

I don’t understand. What are my chances

Did they e-mail you? Ahh I went under review on Oct 1st too but I am still "in progress"
Yes they email you!

Also to others who got the hold, scroll up a little and you’ll see that someone got an II one week after being put on hold for interview! So it’s prob a true hold rather than a soft R.

Anyone else Interviewed early Sept. not hear anything yet?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed in early October hear back yet?

Nah I interviewed in mid September and heard back on the 15th

Sure, but I don’t think everyone who interviewed around that time has heard back :)
I know some of you have, but not everyone.

Finally under review. Everything else was complete 8/22/18. I hope I don't get stuck in this phase for too long now. :rofl:

How late does the interview end? If I have a 7 pm flight would I make it?
Side note, there is a public bus that goes directly from Tulane Medical School to the airport for $2 (and one from the airport to Tulane medical school for $2, which is much cheaper than uber). The stop is right across from the hospital. It does take about 45 minutes though with the traffic.

Reactions: 2 users
Side note, there is a public bus that goes directly from Tulane Medical School to the airport for $2 (and one from the airport to Tulane medical school for $2, which is much cheaper than uber). The stop is right across from the hospital. It does take about 45 minutes though with the traffic.
What is the name of the bus?

anyone who interviewed september 28th got a reply back yet? the wait is killing me

Reactions: 4 users
Can I ask a silly question? What does IA mean in your signature tracker?
Normally I’ve always seen it as a short for ‘institutional action’ and was left wondering how the hell people can get that many of them lol

For anyone that has completed their interview, is your status in the portal still “interview scheduled”? Or did you ever change to an “interview complete” status? I know “interview complete” is a thing for other schools using the same portal...

For anyone that has completed their interview, is your status in the portal still “interview scheduled”? Or did you ever change to an “interview complete” status? I know “interview complete” is a thing for other schools using the same portal...
Still "interview scheduled"

Last edited:
Any other accepted people waiting until April to pay the deposit fee?

Any other accepted people waiting until April to pay the deposit fee?

I’m under the impression that it’s refundable until a certain date (not sure the exact date), so even if you were accepted and paid the fee and then got into your top choice you could still get the deposit back. So unless it is out of the price range at the moment, I don’t think you have anything to lose or gain by not paying it. As for me, I submitted the fee when I accepted!

anybody else get invited for an interview in august still waiting for their interview day in dec? it was my first II of this cycle and my last interview that i have scheduled so far.