2018-2019 Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was anyone given a time point of when to expect to hear back post II?

Members don't see this ad.

Some decisions will be released today. Sorry the process is taking so long.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted, Interviewed 10/19. Super excited about this school. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 6 users
Refreshing my email every 2 min :confused:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today and good luck to everyone who is still waiting for this or other schools!

Reactions: 6 users
Do you expect decisions regarding early Nov interviewees to be realeased in the next couple weeks too?
Not likely. I'm currently reviewing applicants that interviewed end of October. With a few exceptions, those should be the next to hear.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not likely. I'm currently reviewing applicants that interviewed end of October. With a few exceptions, those should be the next to hear.

May I ask if you know there will be any more II’s going to be sent out?

Reactions: 1 users
Under review 11/2, put on "Hold for Interview" list today. Do people actually get an interview after being put on hold?

Reactions: 1 users
Got a pre-II hold, which is kinda what I was expecting. Hope the dates help others who are waiting to hear back, and congrats to everyone who was accepted today!

Complete 8/28
Under Review 10/31
Hold for Interview 11/26

Reactions: 2 users
Got a pre-II hold, which is kinda what I was expecting. Hope the dates help others who are waiting to hear back, and congrats to everyone who was accepted today!

Complete 8/28
Under Review 10/31
Hold for Interview 11/26
What were your stats like if you don't mind me asking? Went under review a week after you!

I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before or if you're unable to answer, but what exactly is the review process like? What factors are the most important when determining acceptance?

Under review 11/8
Hold for interview 11/26

How do we become a part of these exceptions :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before or if you're unable to answer, but what exactly is the review process like? What factors are the most important when determining acceptance?
Yea I'll DM you

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 9/5
Under Review 10/22
Hold for Interview 11/26

R just now, complete 8/31, under review 11/06..... 3rd rejection this week ( and it’s only Tuesday) so not feeling great about myself but good luck to everyone else

R just now, complete 8/31, under review 11/06..... 3rd rejection this week ( and it’s only Tuesday) so not feeling great about myself but good luck to everyone else
Sorry to hear that, that's really rough. I'm hoping the rest of your week goes better!

Reactions: 3 users
It’s kind of crazy how I got “Hold for Interview” when this was my biggest reach school I applied for. Pretty sure my LM score would be like a fifty something (not exaggerating lmao) so I was honestly expecting just an outright rejection.

Only takes 1 acceptance, keep grinding the cycle out!

Reactions: 8 users
I've been on hold since early August and I'm absolutely losing my mind :( It's so late in Tulane's cycle and it doesn't seem like there are like any IIs being offered anymore, even though you'd think there'd be some from cancellations...

I've been on hold since early August and I'm absolutely losing my mind :( It's so late in Tulane's cycle and it doesn't seem like there are like any IIs being offered anymore, even though you'd think there'd be some from cancellations...
Hang in there and be patient, there is still hope!

I won't be surprised because they have been sending more holds and R since last month. Last II was a 1.5 month ago.

Can any current Tulane med students comment on

- How competitive is it to get involved with the Teaching Kitchen for community service?
- Is there a Wilderness Medicine elective?
- What are the hours of the gym at the main campus (the one that has all barbells and nice equipment)? They showed us the gym on the tour
- What are the mandatory class sessions aside from anatomy?
- What's the most time consuming aspect of the pre-clinical curriculum? I'm more of a self studier, and I would prefer to go to lecture when I feel like it.
- What do you wish were different about the pre-clinical and clinical curriculum?