2018-2019 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the "prerequisites" email. Nothing like going from heart racing to massivedisappointment in a matter of seconds. Jerk move USUHS, jerk move.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I just got the "prerequisites" email. Nothing like going from heart racing to massivedisappointment in a matter of seconds. Jerk move USUHS, jerk move.
To be fair the subject says prerequisites or whatever. But the same thing happened to me haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine said
"Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"

then had a link to the gateway. I figured it out when I read the email and it didn't say interview anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine said
"Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"

then had a link to the gateway. I figured it out when I read the email and it didn't say interview anywhere.

I got that email and the second email that tells you how to do it back to back, so I knew right away it wasn't the interview.

FYI, the email with the interview has the subject "USUHS INTERVIEW INVITATION" lol.

I got that email and the second email that tells you how to do it back to back, so I knew right away it wasn't the interview.

FYI, the email with the interview has the subject "USUHS INTERVIEW INVITATION" lol.

Well, let's hope I see that one soon! This is the most long-term uncertainty I've had in my life for about 15 years.

Does anyone know if we can be conditionally accepted without our physical being complete as long as it is scheduled

Does anyone know if we can be conditionally accepted without our physical being complete as long as it is scheduled

Yes. Your conditional acceptance is an acceptance contingent on you being physically qualified and successfully obtaining a security clearance.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like it's been kind of quiet for a while. I hope I get an II soon, I went up to Bethesda in March and loved it. I do have a question, maybe someone on here knows. If we are also applying for HPSP and go through MEPS, do we also need to go through DoDMERB?

I feel like it's been kind of quiet for a while. I hope I get an II soon, I went up to Bethesda in March and loved it. I do have a question, maybe someone on here knows. If we are also applying for HPSP and go through MEPS, do we also need to go through DoDMERB?

They do IIs in batches. It's not continuous. No need to be concerned. Navy HPSP will accept the DoDMERB physical, but I don't know if it works the other way around. You just need some extra paperwork.

I'll check.

How “informal” is informal for the dinner on the 12th? I was thinking jeans, but I will be pretty embarrassed if I look like a bum compared to everyone else.

I went to the one before the first day of interviews! Very informal. Wear jeans and a nice shirt. You're just meeting a bunch of the MS2s and MS3s, who are super helpful with any questions you have.

I went to the one before the first day of interviews! Very informal. Wear jeans and a nice shirt. You're just meeting a bunch of the MS2s and MS3s, who are super helpful with any questions you have.

I’m already done but I agree for future applicants! Also don’t freak out if you’re a tad late. It was really fun, definitely go if you can

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The people with invites what day is the soonest they can get you in as of right now?

The people with invites what day is the soonest they can get you in as of right now?

They schedule you. If you can’t make it you can ask to reschedule but they only interview on Thursdays (and only 2-3 days in October). I think October 4th is the day they are scheduling now.

They schedule you. If you can’t make it you can ask to reschedule but they only interview on Thursdays (and only 2-3 days in October). I think October 4th is the day they are scheduling now.
Right on thanks, still early in the game.

lol I literally got out the army to go to this school, 4 interviews and not one from here had me a little paranoid.

I met a couple MS2s that didn't interview until the last day in January and still got in. You still have plenty of time!

Those of you who have gotten IIs, was the email invite on a Friday 4 weeks before your Thursday interview date? Haven’t gotten one yet, but would love to know so I won’t be waiting for an email daily instead of just on Fridays. Thanks!

Those of you who have gotten IIs, was the email invite on a Friday 4 weeks before your Thursday interview date? Haven’t gotten one yet, but would love to know so I won’t be waiting for an email daily instead of just on Fridays. Thanks!
Mine was on a Thursday 5 weeks before my ineterview

Got my email Aug 24, interviewing on Sep 27. So about a month.

If anyone is staying at the Naval Lodge going to the September 26th dinner, we could make plans to carpool down to the location.

So I was waiting on a LOR for a long while but it has now been turned in for over a week and I have not received a complete email. Should I contact admissions or just be patient?

So I was waiting on a LOR for a long while but it has now been turned in for over a week and I have not received a complete email. Should I contact admissions or just be patient?

I got my complete email within 24 hours of turning in my last LOR so I would definitely email the adviser assigned to you by last name to check if there was anything else you’re missing.

I got my complete email within 24 hours of turning in my last LOR so I would definitely email the adviser assigned to you by last name to check if there was anything else you’re missing.
Okay I sent an email yesterday, how long does it normally take for the advisors to get back to applicants?

Anyone have any feedback/experience regarding the Student Host Program? Commute to the U, personalities, location, efficiency, etc. any info like that?

Driving from many states away and I won't have enough $$ for a hotel or anything like that. High-key trying to finesse

Anyone have any feedback/experience regarding the Student Host Program? Commute to the U, personalities, location, efficiency, etc. any info like that?

Driving from many states away and I won't have enough $$ for a hotel or anything like that. High-key trying to finesse

I didn’t stay with a student but some of the people I interviewed with today did and said it was fine.

Okay, great to hear.
Hope your interview went well

Went great thanks. They go out of their way to make it as stress free as possible. I’ve been to that school a bunch of times for orientation last year and the like, and I was still blown away by it today.

Reactions: 2 users

I didn't stay with a Student Host, but a word of advice: take the worst traffic you've ever been in, and multiple it by a few magnitudes. My 2 hour 20 minute drive turned into a 4 hour drive. Just be prepared for that.

I didn't stay with a Student Host, but a word of advice: take the worst traffic you've ever been in, and multiple it by a few magnitudes. My 2 hour 20 minute drive turned into a 4 hour drive. Just be prepared for that.
Ouch, that is great advice.
Thank goodness I am quite familiar with DC so public transportation will be my best friend

I hosted 10-15 interviewees in M1 and M2. I would recommend staying with a student as they can answer your questions (and give you good ones to ask during your interview) without any obligation to pitch the school to you.

This is true, but if you stay with a student in Rockville where many of them live (or a hotel), you can get to the campus using the metro very easily or drive without getting on Rockville pike, and the traffic is not very bad.

If you're driving from outside the beltway, you need to leave very, very early. Like 0530.

My physical finally got sent from DODMETS to DoDMerb. Yay.

How fast do they work to get the physical in? Adcom specifically mentioned that a timely physical improves chances of getting a seat if I recall correctly

How fast do they work to get the physical in? Adcom specifically mentioned that a timely physical improves chances of getting a seat if I recall correctly

The sooner you give your stuff to Mrs. Wilsnack the faster it'll happen. Once she puts your info in, it can take up to 2 weeks before you have DODMETS access. The DODMETS and DoDMerb site are constantly up and down. As soon as you get access (you'll get an email), you can go in and see where you're assigned to go for your optometry and physical appointments, then call ASAP and make your appointments. I was able to get in to optometry within a few days, but I had to wait almost 3 weeks to get in for my physical.

Once you do that, it can take a bit. I had my physical September 25, was complete in DODMETS on September 27, and my file there was just closed and sent over to DoDMerb today. It can be 2-4 weeks from now before I'm marked "qualified" or given remedials to do, which I'm expecting since I had LASIK.

It is not a quick process.