2018-2019 University of Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted yesterday via email!!!!

Interviewed 10/18. OOS w| strong ties to UAB (I completed my masters program here)

Congrats!! I’m assuming regular MD? Or were you accepted into the primary care track?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang! They had a quick turnaround for you. I've been waiting since August:(
Honestly I have no idea why. My interview with the faculty member went amazingly well, but I came out of the mmi feeling destroyed. I thought for sure this was going to be my first rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang! They had a quick turnaround for you. I've been waiting since August:(

Same here, interviewed on the very first day and still haven't heard anything back yet. Did my MMI just go THAT badly?

Same here, interviewed on the very first day and still haven't heard anything back yet. Did my MMI just go THAT badly?

Lol we were on the same day then!

That's what I'm wondering too. It was my first ever MMI so it probably wasn't that good. Maybe we are just super unethical?:shrug:

Got email yesterday about confirming that I want to apply for the primary care track vs switching to regular MD. They said I have a 2 week timeframe to email them and switch to regular MD if I don’t want to apply to primary care track anymore. So I guess I won’t hear anything for at least 2 weeks. Interviewed 11/01

for those just accepted has your status or a new tab appeared on your portal? I got the call but nothing online has changed

For those of you who were accepted, how did you prepare for the MMIs? This will be my first interview with MMIs! Thanks.

Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting would be?

This wait is too loooonggg!! Complete silence for instate students from AL schools:(

Has anyone received an acceptance for the Primary Care Track?

Has anyone received an acceptance for the Primary Care Track?

I interviewed for PCT on 11/01 and have only gotten the email about confirming PCT on my app.

Last edited:
For those of you who were accepted, how did you prepare for the MMIs? This will be my first interview with MMIs! Thanks.
I watched videos and practiced scenarios I found online, I had however already had another MMI so I knew what to expect

Anybody heard anything recently about interviews? I submitted my secondary a while ago and still have not gotten an interview invite.

Just finished my interview. Now the waiting game o_O Those who haven’t interviewed yet, my advice is be yourself and know your application. The whole experience was very laid back and you can tell they really just wanted to get to know you.

Reactions: 2 users
IS interviewed Nov 15th and really hoping for a call today! seems like they've been getting through the interview groups really slowly, so I really don't wanna wait til after the holidays.

This wait is very long. I was interviewed in September and still waiting...loosing hope!

Waitlisted for MSTP but am withdrawing my app.

Last edited:
Surely more people heard some good news today?!?!

Got the call yesterday evening! Accepted into the Primary Care Track!!!
Interviewed 11/01

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone on here watching medical dramas to stay motivated in this waiting game? I keep watching Scrubs bc I need the laughs.

Not sure if it’s going to crush me if I don’t get accepted or keep me going.

Reactions: 2 users
I've just been obsessively checking reddit and this thread... and watching a lot of Netflix

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I've just been obsessively checking reddit and this thread... and watching a lot of Netflix
Same here on the obsessive checking social media lol. I really wished they would have squeezed in one more review session this year.

Does anyone remember in the overview slides on interview day if age was considered a URiM this year at UAB. I remember seeing 30 but don’t remember what it pertained to.

Got home late tonight and checked my mail and just about had a heart attack when I saw a letter from UABSOM. I appreciated the letter from the Dean but lord it had my feels all messed up for a moment lol.

Damn I need an acceptance from here. I loved the school and even liked everyone I interviewed with. Ugh January 10th you are toooo far away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users