2018-2019 University of Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just interviewed Saturday and they told us we would not hear back until sometime between January and March
Hmm okay. I interviewed in September so is it more of a timeline thing or everybody will here between January and March?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm okay. I interviewed in September so is it more of a timeline thing or everybody will here between January and March?
Not entirely sure, did they not give you a flash drive with "next steps" showing a timeline? Ours said Jan-March

Members don't see this ad :)
Not entirely sure, did they not give you a flash drive with "next steps" showing a timeline? Ours said Jan-March
It says November-March, I was just wondering if it would be worth shooting an email and asking when their next round of acceptances would be

It says November-March, I was just wondering if it would be worth shooting an email and asking when their next round of acceptances would be

I'm hoping they'll send out a round of acceptances tomorrow on account of all of the adcom activity lately (plus Thanksgiving being the day after tomorrow; I've heard stories of med schools sending out R's/Acceptances before holidays to either soften the blow/give you some good news to talk about)! Otherwise, maybe an email asking about it after the long weekend might not be a bad idea (hoping they'll be in a good mood after the weekend!)

I got an email a week ago saying my application is under review by the adcom (post interview). I think this means I'm in the next group that'll be decided on. They also said during my interview that they meet 2X/month to make decisions. So I'd expect some acceptances within the next week or so. I'm just an applicant though, so nothing I say is guaranteed of course.

I got an email a week ago saying my application is under review by the adcom (post interview). I think this means I'm in the next group that'll be decided on. They also said during my interview that they meet 2X/month to make decisions. So I'd expect some acceptances within the next week or so. I'm just an applicant though, so nothing I say is guaranteed of course.

Yeah I remember hearing something similar, just haven’t heard any news in a month or so! When did you interview?

Last edited:
Have they started the waitlist massacre again? I know last time it ended with apps complete around 10/3...

I was waitlisted pre II 10/5. Still nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they only released one round of acceptances?

Received II on 11/21. I was complete 10/11, OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the post-II 'we sent out acceptances today; you weren't one of them but this isn't a rejection' email. Congrats to everyone who got the acceptance call, and good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the post-II 'we sent out acceptances today; you weren't one of them but this isn't a rejection' email. Congrats to everyone who got the acceptance call, and good luck to everyone who's still waiting!
+1

+1

+ 1
Application was complete end of July, interviewed end of October.

I'm curious to know how many applications the committee reviews during each session. I interviewed late October so I wonder if they got to anyone who interviewed after September.

@UAZ COM-T Admissions

I'm curious to know how many applications the committee reviews during each session. I interviewed late October so I wonder if they got to anyone who interviewed after September.

@UAZ COM-T Admissions
we do not give that information, but usually send a few day's worth of interviews to them at once. We usually get you to committee within a month of you interviewing.

Anyone know if it’s common to get accepted after getting this email?
Yes! From what both the staff and the current med students were saying during the interview day, it is just a part of the process. It's very likely you could get that message a couple of times before they give you an acceptance. Seems like they even take many people from their waitlist as well, if it comes down to that for you.

Received an II yesterday. OOS, LizzyM 65, nontrad, complete 10/9.

My application just went under review after interviewing on 11/17, does anyone remember what the entails? They projected decisions between January and March right?

My application just went under review after interviewing on 11/17, does anyone remember what the entails? They projected decisions between January and March right?

Decisions started October 15th but they've only sent out two rounds of acceptances so far. That email just means your application will now be reviewed by the adcom whenever it is they meet.

Decisions started October 15th but they've only sent out two rounds of acceptances so far. That email just means your application will now be reviewed by the adcom whenever it is they meet.

Do you know how many acceptances they release per round?

They don’t release that information, unfortunately. Last years thread is helpful in seeing how the process went for everyone that cycle.

They don’t release that information, unfortunately. Last years thread is helpful in seeing how the process went for everyone that cycle.
Ahh makes sense. Any gauge on total acceptances dished our for the entire cycle?

Are there any applicants who have not heard back yet, like no ii-hold or r

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are there any applicants who have not heard back yet, like no ii-hold or r

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My status has never said anything, no R, no interview, no hold. I'm an AZ resident. My secondary was complete 10/30. Hopefully, I'll hear back by the end of the month.

Interview waitlist today
IS, URM
Complete 9/29

OOS LizzyM 72
Got an email that said my application did not advance to the interview stage at this time, but that it will continue to be considered during this application cycle. I’m assuming this is the interview waitlist? Or is this just a progress update?

Interview Waitlist this morning
OOS applicant (West Coast), URM

Does anyone know if we can ask where we are on their waitlist?

OOS LizzyM 72
Got an email that said my application did not advance to the interview stage at this time, but that it will continue to be considered during this application cycle. I’m assuming this is the interview waitlist? Or is this just a progress update?

+1
Complete 11/15 (late applicant)
Also, I believe its an interview waitlist

My status has never said anything, no R, no interview, no hold. I'm an AZ resident. My secondary was complete 10/30. Hopefully, I'll hear back by the end of the month.
I was just waitlisted for an interview. IS URM applicant.

do people actually get out of the waitlist status and have the opportunity to interview??

I believe earlier in this thread, admissions said they are interviewing people off the waitlist all the time. Don't see that reflected very much here, though.
do people actually get out of the waitlist status and have the opportunity to interview??