2018-2019 University of Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How big was the interview class? Im on the WL too but since october. Hopefully seats open up and they give us another look! :)
I think he said they interview like 600, class size is 180, so I assume the send acceptances to about 350.

Members don't see this ad.

How big was the interview class? Im on the WL too but since october. Hopefully seats open up and they give us another look! :)

I want to say it was about 15-20 people, definitely not more than that. I really hope they open up too :(

Does anybody actually get rejected or do they basically WL everyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hadn't heard anything from this school so I called and was told the committee hasn't looked at my application yet... I feel like by the time they do, there won't be any seats left. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite here for next week. Is it true that interview spots now are for the waitlist? I already have a couple of acceptances, so not sure if it's worth the cross-country flight.

II just now! Hopefully not interviewing for the waitlist at this point.

Just got an interview invite here for next week. Is it true that interview spots now are for the waitlist? I already have a couple of acceptances, so not sure if it's worth the cross-country flight.
II just now! Hopefully not interviewing for the waitlist at this point.
I'm almost positive everyone at this point is waitlisted. we received an email after the 2/27 interview date that all interviewees at this point in the cycle are being waitlisted.

I'm almost positive everyone at this point is waitlisted. we received an email after the 2/27 interview date that all interviewees at this point in the cycle are being waitlisted.
Sigh :/ is it pointless to email them and double check? I was really looking forward to this but if it's for a waitlist it's almost not worth the trip.

Sigh :/ is it pointless to email them and double check? I was really looking forward to this but if it's for a waitlist it's almost not worth the trip.

Feel similarly—I think it’s worth confirming just for peace of mind! If they’re planning on taking ~1/3 from the WL it’s still decent odds I suppose

EDIT: I called and he confirmed that this was true for the past couple of weeks but the director can change his mind if they see they're losing a lot of people to other schools in the coming weeks. So basically he said it's definitely still worth coming and even if not accepted right away, they take a lot of students from the WL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Feel similarly—I think it’s worth confirming just for peace of mind! If they’re planning on taking ~1/3 from the WL it’s still decent odds I suppose
They should pull from the WL like in past years (i hope) but think about it this way, you can still be ranked higher than others if you’re put on the waitlist. So i think it might be worth a shot if you dont mind the expenses or if you don’t have an acceptance yet. You might be put at the top of the list in the end so you never know!

LOL. Just got a pre-II R. IS, WNY native, LM 70, complete early July.
Not only that, but they sent me the rejection email THREE times.
Go Bills!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R, IS completed mid September, and also got the rejection 3 times haha

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, IS (not a US citizen, but a permanent resident), completed August, LM 70, also got the rejection email twice!

II yesterday - last 2 weeks of march and April 3, may not be going

Has anyone here received a merit scholarship/know if that's a thing/when we'd hear something if it is?

Has anyone here received a merit scholarship/know if that's a thing/when we'd hear something if it is?

Nothing yet. Assuming I’ll hear pretty soon considering I interviewed super early but ya never know.

Does anyone want to guess when they'll start sending acceptances from the wait list.

I talked to Mr Rosso yesterday and he said they begin taking from the list in mid April.

They notified 2/27 interviewees that everyone going forward will be automatically waitlisted. So much for hoping to find out realitively soon.

Interviewed 3/6, waitlisted 3/7, accepted 3/15.

Everyone still on the waitlist - hang tough, you got it.

Any word on a facebook group? Trying to find a (hopefully clean and kind) roommate if possible!
Did you send an LOI or anything post interview?

Interviewed 3/6, waitlisted 3/7, accepted 3/15.

Everyone still on the waitlist - hang tough, you got it.

Any word on a facebook group? Trying to find a (hopefully clean and kind) roommate if possible!
Congrats!!!!!! That’s awesome bro good to hear. Are you IS?

Hmm. Interesting. Nobody told me that
I had asked who my letter should go to because I was actually going to try to send it to Dr. Marshall directly but then they said all letters should go to Mr. Rosso and I addressed it to the admissions committee but sent it to Mr. Rosso

Accepted now via email. Interviewed 2/27. Likely won’t be taking the offer

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!! =)
Interviewed 3/13
waitlisted 3/14

Reactions: 4 users
Just gave up my II. Couldn't afford to travel so far for just a waitlist spot. Hopefully it goes to one of you still waiting!!

So I joined that Facebook group. Definitely doesn’t seem legit lol

Does anyone know how much longer UB is interviewing? Curious when they are going to stop taking new candidates and just focus on waitlist.

I was wondering the same thing, wish they would focus on the waitlist as well. Hopefully there will be some significant movement off the waitlist this year. Seems pretty quiet.

I was wondering the same thing, wish they would focus on the waitlist as well. Hopefully there will be some significant movement off the waitlist this year. Seems pretty quiet.
In past years a lot of the movement wasn't until much later, a lot of the days seemed to be in May actually.